Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Marshall not even in the 40? The highest rated player over the whole season isn't in the AA 40 when three others in his position are? What more could he possibly have done, other than say... play for one of the big clubs?

Selection bias is blatantly clear this year.
Marshall was very stiff considering they picked 3 rucks. I reckon he had a better year than last year.
And Darcy Cameron, Darcy F***ing Cameron. Give me a spell. I’m struggling to get my head around that.

Sinclair only Saint in the AA 44.

Snubbed as per.

3 rucks but no Marshall.
Best one on one defender left out as well.

🤣🤣
Who cares, honestly?
It’s a joke. A team that’ll never play anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does a team that didn’t make finals have the most players in Freo. If those 5 were so influential. You’d think they’d be in the finals?
Pretty irrelevant imo.
We had Plugger, Winmar, Loewe, Frawley and were on or near the bottom.

This year there was only a win or two between being in, or being out at the end of the day and so many other factors that influence your position than your top 5 or so players.

Marshall was great but us getting hammered at clearances probably counted against him. Wilkie stiff as.
Doesn't matter though, really. We know how good they were.

Good to see the Saints girls doing well up on the Gold Coast. Up by 35 points at three quarter time. Pretty average viewing though unfortunately.

They are flogging the Suns girls, not much of a crowd there though, it looks like one of those old Covid crowd lockout games.

Awesome win against a poor Suns team on the road. I love these Saints girls, think they have real character. I'd like to see a bit more integration with our men's team, and especially for media stuff.

Obviously it's just getting started and it's a pretty different situation starting from scratch. We won't see anything like the culture and crowds and professionalism that the men's team have for a long while, but they are attacking it with spirit and making the best of it.

I'll be watching when I can, hope they go on with it!

Go Saints!

Awesome win against a poor Suns team on the road. I love these Saints girls, think they have real character. I'd like to see a bit more integration with our men's team, and especially for media stuff.

Obviously it's just getting started and it's a pretty different situation starting from scratch. We won't see anything like the culture and crowds and professionalism that the men's team have for a long while, but they are attacking it with spirit and making the best of it.

I'll be watching when I can, hope they go on with it!

Go Saints!

The AFLW should play more of their games at the smaller suburban grounds like Moorabbin rather than than the big stadiums.

The games look better at the smaller grounds with less than 10k crowds there than at the big stadiums where it looks empty.

Freo's AFLW team play most of their home games at Freo Oval where it looks better than playing at an empty Optus stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back