Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sack Hinkley thread will hit part 12 tonight. Hard to fathom they beat Sydney by 112 points a month ago. Horrendous performance

Largest qualifying final margin since Cats v Dees 2007?

I feel sorry for him. He's never got a settled line up. They never seem a settled 22 and too many move in and out every year. Cohesion is massive. They have a brilliant top 6 but soft bottom 6.

Geelong's system is just unbelievably good. They seem to have better skills and a very methodical way of zoning and moving into space with less exertion than other sides do it with. Geelong has a very average list now. They have a lot of older players that have played a lot of footy together though.

Cats aren't that good .... beat a bunch of witches hats tonight who rely on 1 or 2 players to charge them

It will be a Swans v GWS GF ..... bookmark it

And I for one will rejoice quite heartily when one of those teams whack the Cats in the Prelim

I hope so. Unfortunately no-one is that good this year. Get to a prelim and you have a ticket to the flag lottery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping GWS lose to the Swans now so they are a chance of beating Geelong in a prelim, they are probably the best chance.

Every other team will probably choke against them as well.

Sydney do a pretty good bed shit on GF day too. Brisbane seem the side that has the best chance to me.

Port staring down another straight sets exit with one of the best young midfield groups in the comp. RIP Kennethy

Their ball movement off HB looks really average in finals and fire power is limited to Willie Rioli having a good day. Their forwards are ****ed.

I feel sorry for him. He's never got a settled line up. They never seem a settled 22 and too many move in and out every year. Cohesion is massive. They have a brilliant top 6 but soft bottom 6.

Geelong's system is just unbelievably good. They seem to have better skills and a very methodical way of zoning and moving into space with less exertion than other sides do it with. Geelong has a very average list now. They have a lot of older players that have played a lot of footy together though.
I couldn't believe how good Humphries was last night. Also helps that Danger is still such a gun. Their backline is solid as and the forward line has guns.

Having said that it shows that the comp is so much more even than it was back when we were making grand finals. We need to be aiming to make finals next year and building towards being a top four team soon. There are flag opportunities begging at the moment.

Port must have unlimited cap too. Apparently have come in late for Perryman offering $950k a year x6 and are neck deep in Riley Garcia. Seems a weird pair to chase. They should be after KPFs.

I couldn't believe how good Humphries was last night. Also helps that Danger is still such a gun. Their backline is solid as and the forward line has guns.

Having said that it shows that the comp is so much more even than it was back when we were making grand finals. We need to be aiming to make finals next year and building towards being a top four team soon. There are flag opportunities begging at the moment.

Geelong do find talent in unique places. Humphries was a super late pick. Dempsey is a very good player too. They also develop very well too. They don't rush players in just for experience. They play them for years in the VFL and when ready put them up.

Guys like Ted Clohesy would be in our best 22 the way he's playing in the VFL but he's made to earn his keep. You know George Stephens will be the same. Play 50 VFL games then walk in like a 100 game AFL player.

Danger is a good player with the drive of a one man army. Just finds a way to lift his side at just the right time.

Their ball movement off HB looks really average in finals and fire power is limited to Willie Rioli having a good day. Their forwards are ****ed.

Dixon has been cooked all year, and probably most of last year. Dunno what the point of leaving him in the team is. Anyway, hopefully they sign Ken for another 4 or 5 years.

Geelong do find talent in unique places. Humphries was a super late pick. Dempsey is a very good player too. They also develop very well too. They don't rush players in just for experience. They play them for years in the VFL and when ready put them up.

Having access to a football mad town in Geelong makes a huge difference. It's now an upmarket, cosmopolitan city with direct access to some of the best beaches in Australia. Has an great feeder system with an extremely strong local football league and their own funded stadium making huge $$$ every year. They didn't go through COVID lockdowns like Melbourne metro did.

Can't see them going to the bottom again. They don't need to bottom out for a number 1 draft pick...players come to them.

Once again we torched another team and triggered them to hit some form.

Probably my favourite game of the year was beating the Cats... 2024 wasn't all bad.

Having access to a football mad town in Geelong makes a huge difference. It's now an upmarket, cosmopolitan city with direct access to some of the best beaches in Australia. Has an great feeder system with an extremely strong local football league and their own funded stadium making huge $$$ every year. They didn't go through COVID lockdowns like Melbourne metro did.

Can't see them going to the bottom again. They don't need to bottom out for a number 1 draft pick...players come to them.

Once again we torched another team and triggered them to hit some form.

Probably my favourite game of the year was beating the Cats... 2024 wasn't all bad.
To reward Geelong for it's success and strong footy culture they should add a second Geelong team. Make them compete for players and split the home ground advantage. The 250million dollar tax payer funded stadium needs another tenant.

Such a pity we couldn't sneak into the finals this year. This was the year to win it with no stand out sides.

Geelong now with a home prelim makes me want to puke.

The last 2 years as well. Cats and Pies were hardly world beaters.

It's the right time to steal a flag.... based on the last 20 years we're just around the corner from another dynasty team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back