Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong do find talent in unique places. Humphries was a super late pick. Dempsey is a very good player too. They also develop very well too. They don't rush players in just for experience. They play them for years in the VFL and when ready put them up.

Guys like Ted Clohesy would be in our best 22 the way he's playing in the VFL but he's made to earn his keep. You know George Stephens will be the same. Play 50 VFL games then walk in like a 100 game AFL player.

Danger is a good player with the drive of a one man army. Just finds a way to lift his side at just the right time.
Bowes and pick 7 was a winner for them.

Dixon has been cooked all year, and probably most of last year. Dunno what the point of leaving him in the team is. Anyway, hopefully they sign Ken for another 4 or 5 years.
60 000 or so Port fans will be hunting you down if that occurs.

It's not going to last forever. Once thier aging stars head out the door and Scott goes.

Unfortunately I don't see it.

Their 30+ year olds at the moment are:

Hawkins - minimal contribution this year, retired
Tuohy - minimal contribution this year, retired
Dangerfield - still playing well and could go for years
Stanley - still as average as he always has been
Blicavs - played 23 games this year
Rohan - done like a dinner
Duncan - not super important, still going ok
Guthrie - zero contribution this year
Stewart - won last night without him
Cameron - could play another five years
Bews - fringe

Remove Hawkins, Tuohy, Rohan, Bews, maybe Stanley, the others could keep going along fine for more years yet. Danger and Cameron really the only crucial ones and they seem to have plenty of miles left in them.

I want them to drop off a cliff but they just haven't and I can't see it happening for a while yet.

The last 2 years as well. Cats and Pies were hardly world beaters.

It's the right time to steal a flag.... based on the last 20 years we're just around the corner from another dynasty team.
When GWS came in we all thought they were going to be 5 peaters once they hit their straps in the late 2010s. All the talent in the world. We really just can't know.

Bews - fringe

Remove Hawkins, Tuohy, Rohan, Bews, maybe Stanley, the others could keep going along fine for more years yet. Danger and Cameron really the only crucial ones and they seem to have plenty of miles left in them.

I want them to drop off a cliff but they just haven't and I can't see it happening for a while yet.

Cameron looks to have plenty of miles left in him, he is only 31 so still has at least a few good years left but Dangerfield is 34 and is struggling to get through seasons now with all his injuries, he's still good when he's fit but I doubt he has many miles left in him

Cameron looks to have plenty of miles left in him, he is only 31 so still has at least a few good years left but Dangerfield is 34 and is struggling to get through seasons now with all his injuries, he's still good when he's fit but I doubt he has many miles left in him

Good for them they won yesterday, i don't think they'd do well backing it up each week.

Bews - fringe

Not dropping of the cliff for a long while

They just keep unearthing them.

The too old, too slow slur needs to be put to bed. Just need to find ways to beat them on the day like we did.

Bews - fringe

I can see it happening when Scott leaves the coaching job.

Not dropping of the cliff for a long while

They just keep unearthing them.

The too old, too slow slur needs to be put to bed. Just need to find ways to beat them on the day like we did.
Their best players are old but their team is definitely not slow, their speed all over the ground is super impressive especially their HF’s. Geelong are always near the top for points scored so when their defense is on they pummel teams. God it’s frustrating they keep doing so well.

I think I want Hawthorn to lose more than Carlton.

I don't like Hawthorn especially after they poached Battle but I hate the Bulldogs more so I would prefer the Hawks to win tonight.

I will be hoping the Hawks get knocked out next week though if they win tonight, they have won more than enough premierships.

Bowes and pick 7 was a winner for them.

Mannaugh seem to be AFL standard from day 1. They got another guy from the SANFL who hardly gets a run called Mitch Hardy too. He'd be in our best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelongs drafting in recent years is overated imo.

It’s their development.

Some of their earlier pick like us , have been trash.

Parfitt, Jhye Clark , Toby Conway, cooper Stevens, (they lost Jordan Clark) Lachlan Fogarty, Nakia Cockatoo.

Honestly their early drafting has been as poor as ours.

Simmilar to us their late drafting/rookie picks keep them going.

They just have the old stars still holding on.

I don't like Hawthorn especially after they poached Battle but I hate the Bulldogs more so I would prefer the Hawks to win tonight.

I will be hoping the Hawks get knocked out next week though if they win tonight, they have won more than enough premierships.
Surprised to hear that you're not a fan of the dogs mate. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back