Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's over the Ginnivan comments apprantly.

I hope Barrett continues his 'I love it' theme when talking about Hinkley giving it back. As Buckley said, live by the sword, die by the sword. Browney agreed, unsurprisingly Jordan Lewis thought it was 'embarrassing'.

I've always been told if you want to give it you've got to be able to take it. Hinkley would've lost his job if he lost today, why can't he give it back and show some emotion to the bloke who took the piss out of his club? The notion all week is let people be individuals in the AFL, what a joke that they turn into snowflakes when someone bites back!

Laughing when its all going well, then comes out saying a very young player being spoken to nastily by a much older man... Sam Mitchell, that's what I call embarrassing....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240913_232314_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240913_232314_Samsung Internet.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 53

As much as it stings to say it Hawthorn will be the team to beat next year. They will have stars across every line, are well coached and the defence will basically be impenetrable. Our club are trying get Jai Serong out of there, I would be targeting Jack Scrimshaw he is already Battles equal. I wonder what he is getting paid at the Hawks, these kids must be looking over their shoulders at the $$$ outsiders like Battle and Barrass will be getting paid.

Plus good on Kenny for giving it to Ginnivan and Sicily the immature spankers!

Exactly. Its no surprise that the bunch of head initiating contact flogs are like they are with a flog of a coach like Mitchel.

As for Hinkley, sure is was a bit far. But the commentators pretended this sort of shit never happens. Yet I instantly recalled Malthouse having a go at Milne in 2010 home and away calling him a rapist and saying later he said rarest. And whatever Scott sniper it was coaching trying to square up to a player after the match. Nothing about those of course.

Well done Port, I forgot how much a despise Hawthorn.

As much as it stings to say it Hawthorn will be the team to beat next year. They will have stars across every line, are well coached and the defence will basically be impenetrable. Our club are trying get Jai Serong out of there, I would be targeting Jack Scrimshaw he is already Battles equal. I wonder what he is getting paid at the Hawks, these kids must be looking over their shoulders at the $$$ outsiders like Battle and Barrass will be getting paid.

Plus good on Kenny for giving it to Ginnivan and Sicily the immature spankers!
They wil be worked out by next year. They will drop like flies. They have done well this year but their forward line has nothing of actual substance.

Loved Hinkley bringing up Ginnivan's instagram comment.

Hawks have dished it out for months and are now sooking that someone finally dished it back to them.
Agree. If you live by the sword, you better be ready to die by the sword.

Hodge and Lewis went hard in the aftermath, you can tell they were both affected by the Hawks defeat.

At the end of the day, the AFL will tut tut the exchange, but will be secretly delighted that the marketing department has been handed another moment they can use to boost ratings next year.
Jesus, Nathan Buckley sounds smashed! Wonder if they had to get the bottle out of his hand before he went on air?
I thought he was having a stroke.

Shows how thin skinned Hinkley is.
They've dished it out but done it pre match. Haven't seen Mitchell jump on the ground and give it to the opposition straight after the siren.

Maybe Ken should focus on not getting smashed by 80 points in a final and not worked up about a Insta post.
Never waste an opportunity to get under an opponent’s skin, you never know when it might be useful.

Serious question. Are Hawthorn the most sanctimonious club in the AFL?

Their supporters* and players are willing to throw shade at everyone else but as soon as someone says something back they cry like nothing else.

* Sat in the grandstand at Moorabbin as a 12 year old as their cheer squad chanted that we were going into administration. A club that had been total sh*t less than 10 years before.
They're basically Carlton, but a few decades behind. Eventually they'll get caught out with something like Carlton did with the brown bags in the early 2000s. The racism scandal probably should've been that thing but it's been swept under the rug by the AFL of course.

All the Saints boys were having a drink at Son's of Marys this afternoon in Brighton when I was there.

Genuinely shocked how ridiculously weak we look up close in person. Looks like half the squad has an eating disorder. King the worst. Couldn't bench press a pencil.

Actually really over it to be honest. I don't want to hear about being a running side, all the good teams have more muscular players then us.

10+ years of being underdeveloped, wtf are we actually doing? Why is this happening, are we allergic to the.weight room?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the Saints boys were having a drink at Son's of Marys this afternoon in Brighton when I was there.

Genuinely shocked how ridiculously weak we look up close in person. Looks like half the squad has an eating disorder. King the worst. Couldn't bench press a pencil.

Actually really over it to be honest. I don't want to hear about being a running side, all the good teams have more muscular players then us.

10+ years of being underdeveloped, wtf are we actually doing? Why is this happening, are we allergic to the.weight room?
They should all just chuck on 8-10kgs of pure muscle hey Billo. Christ knows why the club haven’t reached out to ya

**** off then. Seriously. Do something with your time that makes you happy.
Save us from you.
By the sounds of your emotional response you are suffering from the same lack of testosterone the entire Saints squad is dealing with.

Do we want to get offended about it or do we want to finally fix it after a decade plus of being physically inferior to the rest of the comp?

Get.G-train to teach these boys how it is done.

They should all just chuck on 8-10kgs of pure muscle hey Billo. Christ knows why the club haven’t reached out to ya
Well that is just silly. You must not watch a lot of football, as we are clearly undersized versus basically every other team.

Zero muscle mass on this squad. Genuinely highly confusing. Look at the best players the last 10-15 years. Dangerfield, Fyfe, Neale, Ablett, Judd, Swan, Martin. No skinny boys I am afraid.

Well that is just silly. You must not watch a lot of football, as we are clearly undersized versus basically every other team.

Zero muscle mass on this squad. Genuinely highly confusing. Look at the best players the last 10-15 years. Dangerfield, Fyfe, Neale, Ablett, Judd, Swan, Martin. No skinny boys I am afraid.

A few of our players could do with some more time in the weights room over the off season like Windhager/Schwarzenegger.

I remember Ross Lyon saying when he walked back into the club he saw Windhager doing weights in the gym but no one else.

Yeah well we may not be able to play football well but we can run really far. :thumbsu:

Sad thing is everyone’s running as far as us but they’re doing it while looking like bodybuilders as well. I don’t understand our philosophy either.

A lot of players are quite slim but it doesn’t mean they’re not hitting the gym or lack strength. You see a few who are really big guys but most haven’t got an ounce of fat on them, it’s a running game now. Anyone who’s telling you they can add 10kgs and not impact that part of their game is kidding you. We employ experts to prepare training programs to get the players to peak fitness to play the game we want them to play. I think we’ve asked a few to shed a couple of kgs so take it up with Ross Lyon.

A lot of players are quite slim but it doesn’t mean they’re not hitting the gym or lack strength. You see a few who are really big guys but most haven’t got an ounce of fat on them, it’s a running game now. Anyone who’s telling you they can add 10kgs and not impact that part of their game is kidding you. We employ experts to prepare training programs to get the players to peak fitness to play the game we want them to play. I think we’ve asked a few to shed a couple of kgs so take it up with Ross Lyon.

I don't doubt it is by design, I do question the merit of it. If you lined up every finals side it's extremely noticeable that on average we are carrying at least 2-3kg less muscle that the best sides in the comp.

Sides like Brisbane, Port, even the young Hawks just have a far more athletic profile than us. We get bullied in the contest far too regularly.

I am not suggesting we need to be bodybuilders, but we have blokes on the list with zero physique, it's not just Clark.

Ken Hinkley about 30 seconds after yapping and flapping at the Hawthorn players post game

Arrested Development Mistake GIF

I don't doubt it is by design, I do question the merit of it. If you lined up every finals side it's extremely noticeable that on average we are carrying at least 2-3kg less muscle that the best sides in the comp.

Sides like Brisbane, Port, even the young Hawks just have a far more athletic profile than us. We get bullied in the contest far too regularly.

I am not suggesting we need to be bodybuilders, but we have blokes on the list with zero physique, it's not just Clark.
I’d like to see a few guys add some kgs, king for example looks too thin for the way he’s trying to play. In all honesty though you site Brisbane and yes they have a few like Rayner who are muscled up but they also have two human pencils in Daniher and Hipwood who go ok on their day.

I can remember standing behind Lenny Hayes at an auction in Elwood, he looked about 180cm and he was so thin it was crazy, tiny little waist his partner was bigger. On the field he was a wrecking ball and could stop the biggest player dead in his tracks. So it’s a targeted program as it should be, you encourage guys to spend more time in the gym or on the track based on individual needs. It’s also down to genetics, I don’t think you’re ever going to see Nas bulked up or Sinclair rocking chorus girl legs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back