Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Im glad to read everyone has the same thoughts re Hawthorn, Ginnivan and Mitchell after last night.

What a pretentious entitled mob of immature twats they showed themselves to be. Like others they have gone to the top of my hate list.

Disagree love what hey have brought to the comp this year.
Would love if our team showed an ounce of the swagger they do.

Absolutely loved what Ginnivan did game needs more like him to stir the pot.

I think the timing of what Ken did showed absolutely 0 class and respect when there is a guard of honour going on.
If he cant handle the heat of arrogant players jeez Sydney is stacked with them.
His gonna have a meltdown when they lose
Opposite. Liked what Ginnivan did. But if you dish it out, you have to be able to take it.
It was disrespectful to his opposition, arrogantly assuming they just had to turn up to win.
The insta was put on Burgoyne's locker and he was BoG last night.
The hew and cry from Hawthorn past and present was laughable.
Absolute glass jaw stuff. They drunk their own bathwater with their stupid Wizard hats and Hokball.
Had all the hallmarks of bazball, they they have reinvented the sport, disrespect their opponents, get beaten, then cry like victims.
Absolutely pitiful from Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell, absolute beta reaction from the bully/cowards.
Was surprised they didn't go down the moral victory.
Hawthorn played well this season and have some great young players, but the biggest thing we learned is how utterly in love they are with themselves.
Talk the talk, walk the walk snowflakes.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disagree love what hey have brought to the comp this year.
Would love if our team showed an ounce of the swagger they do.
You think arrogant disrespect and then when they get it back, whining like slapped bItches is swagger?
Lulz.

You think arrogant disrespect and then when they get it back, whining like slapped bItches is swagger?
Lulz.

So you just expect Sicily to just let someone attack one of his players did what a captain should do stand up for his teammate.
Sometimes you stand to close to the fire and get burnt it happens.

I would rather my teammates have the confidence to post that, than be timid.

So you just expect Sicily to just let someone attack one of his players did what a captain should do stand up for his teammate.

It’s not confidence, it’s stupidity.

Confidence is Lenny Hayes, Guinea Pig is a clown.

The loudest in the room is often the weakest.

Skibbidy sigma toilet take a selfie fellas

And in breaking news - Mick Malthouse has seemingly developed amnesia. He was on ABC radio this morning going on about Hinckley and how coaches should focus on their own club and not engage with other teams players yadda yadda ..... Obviously forgot about his little discussion with Mr Milne a few years back.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

And in breaking news - Mick Malthouse has seemingly developed amnesia. He was on ABC radio this morning going on about Hinckley and how coaches should focus on their own club and not engage with other teams players yadda yadda ..... Obviously forgot about his little discussion with Mr Milne a few years back.

Malthouse is a miserable C * Next Tuesday

They're different incidents for mine. The issue with Malthouse is what he said, not when he said it. Same with Clarkson/Webster, Sheedy/Mitchell White etc.

Ken can chirp all he likes before & during the game but once the siren goes you have to put it to bed. Post siren animosity is pretty rare and only warranted when someone has crossed a deeply personal line (Petty/Zorko, Bartel/Harvey etc). Ginnivan did nothing like that. The scoreboard puts the Hawks firmly in their place and they would all be hurting badly, there's no need for gloating cheap shots. Detracted from one of the club's best wins. Anyway he's fair game now, Papley can show him how to flip a burger after the prelim

Hawthorn got exactly what they deserved. Take a bow Ken Hinkley & Port Adelaide! And Sam Mitchell & Co honestly, just STFU there's not a single non-Hawthorn supporting person who gives a flying feck!!

Hawks will have a target on their heads all next season too. Good luck being the hunted you arrogant little maggots!!
I really disagree with this. Hinkley behaved like a totally classless twat. What a dick. STFU and let your play do the talking. If Ginivan is a cocky little twat then getting beaten by 3 points puts him in his place. Hinkley trolling him after beating him was just ugly. Mitchell is right. A senior coach, with lots of experience, mouthing off at an oppo player after beating him, whilst the players are lining up for a guard of honour, is the epitome of a graceless fwit of a winner. Casts PAFC in a very poor light.

Opposite. Liked what Ginnivan did. But if you dish it out, you have to be able to take it.
It was disrespectful to his opposition, arrogantly assuming they just had to turn up to win.
Absolute glass jaw stuff. They drunk their own bathwater with their stupid Wizard hats and Hokball.
Had all the hallmarks of bazball, they they have reinvented the sport, disrespect their opponents, get beaten, then cry like victims.
Absolutely pitiful from Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell, absolute beta reaction from the bully/cowards.
Hawthorn played well this season and have some great young players, but the biggest thing we learned is how utterly in love they are with themselves.

Great post.

Now I know there are a lot of Caro haters on here, and very little love for Essendon, but on the radio this morning she reminded us of what their arrogant little Napoleon coach did as captain of the Hawks out on the field when aiming his “injection mime” at some of the younger Bombers who had no choice but to go ahead with the dictates of the club during their substance injecting regime.

So really, he has no right playing his holier than thou attitude during his presser. Specially when, as you say, he and his 2 mates weren’t always upstanding citizens, with Hodge’s drink-driving non-suspension a case in point. Arrogant bunch, then and now.

I agree re Ginnevan though, stupid as it was to give Port any kind of incentive at all, as long as he can cop the fallout should it go against him, well that’s his business. Doubt it’ll happen again though. Behind closed doors the club will/ would have told him so in no uncertain terms.

Doesn’t bear thinking about if they had won!

On Hinkley - he has to shut it and let it go. Not the way a coach should act. Remember Malthouse? And Clarko? Ugly look. Besides there could quite easily have lost. Hard to keep a grip on that emotion. But he just has to.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great post.

Now I know there are a lot of Caro haters on here, and very little love for Essendon, but on the radio this morning she reminded us of what their arrogant little Napoleon coach did as captain of the Hawks out on the field when aiming his “injection mime” at some of the younger Bombers who had no choice but to go ahead with the dictates of the club during their substance injecting regime.

So really, he has no right playing his holier than thou attitude during his presser. Specially when, as you say, he and his 2 mates weren’t always upstanding citizens, with Hodge’s drink-driving non-suspension a case in point. Arrogant bunch, then and now.

I agree re Ginnevan though, stupid as it was to give Port any kind of incentive at all, as long as he can cop the fallout should it go against him, well that’s his business. Doubt it’ll happen again though. Behind closed doors the club will/ would have told him do in no uncertain terms.

Doesn’t beat thinking about if they had won!
That Mitchell incident was a player sledging another player during a game. Has absolutely no comparison to what Hinkley did last night. Hinkley is an old man sledging a young dumb kid as a player was getting chaired off for 300 games. If Port needed that as motivation to actually show up then it shows why they are perennial underachievers who won’t win a thing under that smug bogan.

That Mitchell incident was a player sledging another player during a game. Has absolutely no comparison to what Hinkley did last night. Hinkley is an old man sledging a young dumb kid as a player was getting chaired off for 300 games. If Port needed that as motivation to actually show up then it shows why they are perennial underachievers who won’t win a thing under that smug bogan.
Yep.
Actually after you replied I had added my thoughts on Hinkley at the bottom.

100% not on. Like Malthouse’s and Clarko’s weren’t.

Also, off a post of mine a page or two back..

“But Kenny. Maybe he should just be a coach, be bigger than that.
Never a good look. Had the last laugh in the end - if only just.”

Make no bones about it that entire Hawk team, their coach, all their ex-players, and a majority of Tuah fans will die wondering whether Ginnivans antics contributed to a clearly fired up Port Adelaide team.

No individual is above the team. Not just on the ground, where I think Ginny acquits himself quite well. But off it as well. Gin'van needs to understand that his public social media is no longer just banter between mates. They are tribal declarations in a ruthless industry built on a monstrous media munching machine.

Hawkers may well say they don't mind Jack Ginnivans antics, but I predict they will be singing a different tune after 1000 cuts.

Have a lot of Hawk supporting mates who all argue that Mitchell was 'restrained' in the post-game press conference, Hinkley as the coach was in the wrong etc etc.

Believe Mitchell had a fair old sook in the press conference and a parade of ex Hawthorn players in the media including Lewis / Brereton are having a real crack at Hinkley.

Unconscious bias is real.

Have a lot of Hawk supporting mates who all argue that Mitchell was 'restrained' in the post-game press conference, Hinkley as the coach was in the wrong etc etc.

Believe Mitchell had a fair old sook in the press conference and a parade of ex Hawthorn players in the media including Lewis / Brereton are having a real crack at Hinkley.

Unconscious bias is real.

It didn't take long for the Hawks supporters and ex-players to get cocky again, like Ginnivan they thought beating Port was a mere formality because of their arrogant we don't just want to play finals we want to win premierships, yeah like the other clubs don't.

The Hawks were lucky to be as close as they were, most of their goals were umpire assisted, thankfully the right team won.

Great to see the Hawks supporters and ex-players getting a dose of reality and sucking on sour grapes with a bag of dicks.

71SNdKjgfRL.jpg

Josh Battle can suck on one of them too the filthy traitor.

100% agree with this, sums up my thoughts on the matter to the point.

Also, don’t get why Ginnivan doing what he does is “good for the game” but someone biting back is “classless”. Who cares how old he is, although I’d prefer it came from a player I thought was KH did was “great” for the game!! 🤣🤣

Last edited:

James handled it the way I wish our captains would handle things. His quote says it all:
“What I do as a leader is I always have my teammates’ back and I will stick up for them regardless of who is in the right or the wrong.

“It is something I pride myself on and I don’t regret it one bit really.”

Wish we had leadership at the club even half as good as what Sicily is at the Hawks.

Make no bones about it that entire Hawk team, their coach, all their ex-players, and a majority of Tuah fans will die wondering whether Ginnivans antics contributed to a clearly fired up Port Adelaide team.

No individual is above the team. Not just on the ground, where I think Ginny acquits himself quite well. But off it as well. Gin'van needs to understand that his public social media is no longer just banter between mates. They are tribal declarations in a ruthless industry built on a monstrous media munching machine.

Hawkers may well say they don't mind Jack Ginnivans antics, but I predict they will be singing a different tune after 1000 cuts.
Ginnivan has personality. It's pretty obvious that both footy fans and the media are going to do everything they can to force Ginnivan into losing his personality, and becoming yet another boring football drone. Ginnivan did nothing wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back