Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish we had a Heeney.
Or a Warner….or a Butters….or a JHF….or a Dangerfield….or a Neale, you get the point. Not hard to see why we’re not playing this week.

If we'd made top 4 we were a chance this year. Beat quite a few of the challengers. 4 games off top 4. If we'd had Crouch I reckon we'd have pinched another few wins at least.
We missed Crouch badly , before this year he was our best performing midfielder by far.
Any the talk is he is catus due to his knee , so bringing in MaCrae should be a sudden improvement from this year and with the development of Windhager , Henry , Phillipou we should be in far better shape to do something next year.
Improve our midfield and our forward line will improve.
No excuses next year.

So you know how the afl have stretched out and milked the trade and drafting season so it’s almost a season unto itself so they can remain media relevant as long as they can.
Do you reckon it’s backfired on them and the broadcasters a bit in as much as non finals playing supporters don’t give a **** about the finals and only want it to hurry up and finish so we can get into the drafting and trading period?

Looks like Port will lose another prelim.

They should change their motto to "We exist to lose Prelims" instead of their old motto "We exist to win Premierships".

The AFL is tougher to win premierships and make grand finals than the SANFL when they were the big kids on the block.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

h9pLAmv.gif

Time to drag out my old Swans scarf from 2004 which I bought before a Freo v Swans game to piss of my Freo supporting mate.

I jinxed them that day though, they got thrashed by Freo and Barry Hall got dragged off the ground by Roos and spat the dummy

North 2007?

Yeah I forgot about that one, Port probably wished they didn't win that prelim after they got embarrassed by Geelong in the GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back