Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty happy with the result, one of the most brutal modern day games I have seen. Not brutal in violence but in the ebbs, flows and the way the result happened.

Daniher into the ruck changed the game, almost in the model of when Kossie went into the ruck in 2010 and took apart Jolly and Collingwoods midfield.

We are seeing an evolution in the game at the moment, less reliance on key forwards and more on a group effort in the forward line.

Lions for me next weekend.

Fagan's presser after the game was totally en point.
Cats’ lead up to the prelim with soft game, break, soft game, break was a less than ideal prep for them.

This pre-finals break is a travesty.
Make it the week before the GF if you have to have one at all.

On another note, bet Danger gets off with a fine if they were playing next week. That tackle would’ve got a week any other game. The MRO is a joke.

Chris Scott in his presser was pretty forthright and asked the media not to report those issues as excuses.

But unfortunately many media organisations just don’t know how to frame a story without reporting on something scandalous.

Journalism is at an all time low, and the people who consume it often crave sensationalism over insight.

'Holmes had a bout of gastro. Could his illness have led to fatigue, leaving him more vulnerable to a soft-tissue injury?'

Wot
illness like gastro and such dehydrates the body and muscles and can lead to fatigue and injury.

have a mate who is a physio and told me a while ago when I was sick and wanted to keep playong cricket

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fagan's presser after the game was totally en point.
Cats’ lead up to the prelim with soft game, break, soft game, break was a less than ideal prep for them.

This pre-finals break is a travesty.
Make it the week before the GF if you have to have one at all.

On another note, bet Danger gets off with a fine if they were playing next week. That tackle would’ve got a week any other game. The MRO is a joke.
I’m fairly sure that was another change to the game partly instigated by St Kilda when Fremantle sent over a reserves side for tha final dead game of the year to rest their players for finals the following week.
Saints flogged them and from memory was Kosi and Milneys last game?

I’m fairly sure that was another change to the game partly instigated by St Kilda when Fremantle sent over a reserves side for tha final dead game of the year to rest their players for finals the following week.
Saints flogged them and from memory was Kosi and Milneys last game?
Saints played their B team against Hawks I believe (?) in Tassie in 2009.
Was Stuv’s first game if I remember, and still won.
I don’t have a problem with it. If a side puts itself in a strong enough position before finals they should be able to mange their team however they want.

It’s actually proven far from beneficial for a top 4 team to miss out on playing so many weeks before a prelim

Sydney are also an exceptionally well run club, as is Geelong. Sydney have had less hands out than GWS and Goldy but make the most of it. North Melbourne has had every hand out and can't move forward.

Melbourne Storm are the same, just make everything they do work through good processes and professional conduct. We should follow what those clubs do.

I think the Cats and Swans have only missed finals a couple of times each in the last 20 years or something. Keep fronting up and you'll win a flag eventually.
I agree with this, I'd prefer Sydney to win this year, I know it's unpopular to say here but I think their presence in finals for the last 20 years and the way that they are run deserves at least another premiership. Yes they get leg ups but they maje the best of them. And Bonus! It will really drive Eddie MacGuire nuts!

I don't have a problem with either team though, so play on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this, I'd prefer Sydney to win this year, I know it's unpopular to say here but I think their presence in finals for the last 20 years and the way that they are run deserves at least another premiership. Yes they get leg ups but they maje the best of them. And Bonus! It will really drive Eddie MacGuire nuts!

I don't have a problem with either team though, so play on

I don't like your logic.
If teams that make the finals a lot ( with some help by COLA and academies ) deserve to win Premierships more, that would suggest Saints if they made finals , wouldn't.

Saints played their B team against Hawks I believe (?) in Tassie in 2009.
Was Stuv’s first game if I remember, and still won.
I don’t have a problem with it. If a side puts itself in a strong enough position before finals they should be able to mange their team however they want.

It’s actually proven far from beneficial for a top 4 team to miss out on playing so many weeks before a prelim

That was a terrific game.
They suspended betting on it during the week, because news had leaked about players being rested and the money was flooding onto the Hawks.
Sure enough, they announced a stack of big names not playing. The odds came back with Hawks the favorites.
WE STILL WON!!!.

Big game for Armo from memory.

So if Brisbane wing the gf God forbid, they still get first pick in the draft plus keep their first round pick???
How is that fair???
That’s a major embarrassment for the afl.
Although they’re such a ****ed out organisation they’ll celebrate it.

So if Brisbane wing the gf God forbid, they still get first pick in the draft plus keep their first round pick???
How is that fair???
It gives more ammunition to Andrew Bassat.

How is that fair???

Can't see how.
They still need to pay for Ashcroft with draft points, and the points have to come from the pick after the F/S.
What they can do , and what other teams have done, is make a trade, giving them the full value of their draft pick, then use later picks to make up the points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back