Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprise the tribunal rules have changed for the finals.
Dangerfield’s tackle was far worse than 10 others that received suspensions this year.
And Rampe’s bump was also more severe than plenty that resulted in suspections, including King’s bump.
Can imagine come round 1 the afl will say precedents from the previous season will not be accepted.

OK now. Huge watch on Cal Ah Chee this week! I've loaded up on him for the Norm Smith at 50/1. Feel like there's a bit of value in that and some of the highly fancied mids could cancel themselves out a bit. Also Ah Chee was the Lions' top goal scorer against the Cats with 4. Very classy player who just bobs up! If he grabs a few more possesions you never know...

Nearly got 66/1 as well, which is what Paddy Power was offering when they first released the market... Unfortunately I don't use the App, market was out Sat evening and by the time got to the shop next morning they'd trimmed to match the TAB odds.

Also a little nibble on Rayner at 25/1.

No surprise the tribunal rules have changed for the finals.
Dangerfield’s tackle was far worse than 10 others that received suspensions this year.
And Rampe’s bump was also more severe than plenty that resulted in suspections, including King’s bump.
Can imagine come round 1 the afl will say precedents from the previous season will not be accepted.
The AFL say that precedent from a week ago isnt accepted.

I thought Dangers tackle being cleared was fair enough but the dangerous tackle and what it is has been a mess all year, truly. Some that should have gone didnt and others that looked fair have gotten weeks. Easiest clean up would just be to make anything that doesnt cause a concussion a fine and anything that does gets looked at properly.

The Rampe bump was pretty bad, if thats an inch in another direction its full Webster/Simpkin. Hes very very lucky he didnt KO Butters but it still should be a suspension.

Now where have I heard that before…….oh that’s right, same thing happened in 2021:

Pretty clear media strategy, the media people background the journos on "oh here's why it was so hard for us" so that everyone feels sorry for them, and then Scott stands up and says "it's not an excuse" so that everyone still thinks they're good blokes.

Pretty clear media strategy, the media people background the journos on "oh here's why it was so hard for us" so that everyone feels sorry for them, and then Scott stands up and says "it's not an excuse" so that everyone still thinks they're good blokes.

This is not an excuse....but here are my excuses.

We were all sick.
The dog ate my game plan.
My horoscope was against me.
A witch cast a hex on us.
Umpires only gave us relatively few dodgy calls.
We got lost on the way to the ground.

But absolutely no excuses.

So if Brisbane wing the gf God forbid, they still get first pick in the draft plus keep their first round pick???
How is that fair???
That’s a major embarrassment for the afl.
Although they’re such a ****ed out organisation they’ll celebrate it.
Even if they don't win.
Just the fact that actually got there is more than enough to make the situation completely ludicrous..

Saints played their B team against Hawks I believe (?) in Tassie in 2009.
Was Stuv’s first game if I remember, and still won.
I don’t have a problem with it. If a side puts itself in a strong enough position before finals they should be able to mange their team however they want.

It’s actually proven far from beneficial for a top 4 team to miss out on playing so many weeks before a prelim
It’s the bloody betting industry that hates it. If their mathematicians can’t allow for that probability, when everybody knows it’s a risk, then they deserve to lose money.

the Sandringham Dragons, the best under 18 team, have just won their third grand final in a row. They are literally living under our roof at Moorabbin and we don’t receive any benefit at all.
Considering their success over the last few years in terms of being a player farm, maybe we're living under their roof

the Sandringham Dragons, the best under 18 team, have just won their third grand final in a row. They are literally living under our roof at Moorabbin and we don’t receive any benefit at all.
You would think we’d have a fairly close connection with them and a lot more inside oil into their players.
Do we????

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back