Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a wedded on 50 plus footy fan. Or was...

I've not watched a footy show, listened to the radio, watched the Brownlow etc since we finished our season. Just been on here.

Watched our women and the finals games but nothing else. Even 2 years ago I'd be consuming AFL media once our season was done but not now. My only link to the AFL is the Saints. I just feel too burned as a St Kilda supporter with our ongoing poor treatment by the AFL. This Battle decision is going to be a big marker for me if I want to continue throwing good money after bad.

Are many others the same?

I've not watched a footy show, listened to the radio, watched the Brownlow etc since we finished our season. Just been on here.

Watched our women and the finals games but nothing else. Even 2 years ago I'd be consuming AFL media once our season was done but not now. My only link to the AFL is the Saints. I just feel too burned as a St Kilda supporter with our ongoing poor treatment by the AFL. This Battle decision is going to be a big marker for me if I want to continue throwing good money after bad.

Yes.
The Battle decision won't greatly effect me but it will probably hasten the slide.
If it goes against us then at least the agenda is out in the open, though for those who pay attention it's been obvious for a long while.
It's not like we're asking much either. Just the rub of the green on a 50/50 decision for once.

Not quite the same, but I can't stand the footy media so basically completely avoid it. Every time I watch a footy show it's either some ex-player fellating his former club, or some random pundit beating up on a minnow club. Their views are so dumb and subjective that it adds nothing to my life to watch it.

I still think the game itself is great, and the administration isn't corrupt so much as incompetent and short-term focused, but I agree it looks the same from the outside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back