Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? Is this a P1 thing or something?

As P2 I've only ever had two choices: next best seat available, or next best seat/standing available.

I've been P1 since 2011

I'm pretty sure in that ballot for 2011 we had a bit more choice, and maybe the lowest level of tickets we'd be willing to select

But in 22 it was like you you said - yes to everything, or no to standing room

I got major hip issues and got a ticket up the top last time. I’d be happy to get a lower seat but couldn’t apply for accessibility bc you need a companion card and I’m not eligible for one, so sucks if I got top level again bc it’s been an extra two years and my hips are way worse. I’d be okay if I didn’t get a ticket this time around but if I do won’t complain but may give to a friend or family member as I’ve already seen two GF wins so been pretty lucky.

For next time, you can still get an accessibility seat with easy access. You don't need to prove you have issues, it's a matter of trust and not taking a seat from someone else with problems. So no doctors cert or anything else! Obviously no companion card, so you'd be seated alone. But for finals, you have to register with GFC as wanting the easy access seat, and today the barcodes they give accessible people are different. During the season, you just apply to Ticketmaster for the seat- they have a form you fill in. Please PM me if you need any other advice, it;s no fun climbing when you dont have too.

Easy Access

Accessible Tickets are available for patrons with mobility issues or who have accessibility needs but do not require a wheelchair location.  These seating locations are typically accessible via less than 5 stairs, are located close to amenities such as toilets and may be close to the venue entry/exit.

It's elitist to call others "hangers on". We're not all wealthy, mobile, young or live near the ground.
That's an excellent point
Didn't the recently advertised premiership ad on guarantee tickets regardless of membership anyway?

For next time, you can still get an accessibility seat with easy access. You don't need to prove you have issues, it's a matter of trust and not taking a seat from someone else with problems. So no doctors cert or anything else! Obviously no companion card, so you'd be seated alone. But for finals, you have to register with GFC as wanting the easy access seat, and today the barcodes they give accessible people are different. During the season, you just apply to Ticketmaster for the seat- they have a form you fill in. Please PM me if you need any other advice, it;s no fun climbing when you dont have too.

Easy Access

Accessible Tickets are available for patrons with mobility issues or who have accessibility needs but do not require a wheelchair location.  These seating locations are typically accessible via less than 5 stairs, are located close to amenities such as toilets and may be close to the venue entry/exit.
Thanks. I’m with another person so it’d depend if they care about sitting separately to me I prob wouldn’t have a problem with sitting on my own but it’s probably too late to sign up for this year so next time I’ll definitely look into it more. :)

That's an excellent point
Didn't the recently advertised premiership ad on guarantee tickets regardless of membership anyway?

I would like to think of that amended process as being empathy driven, but in reality it has shades of the commercial jungle.
It does reward supporters (at a cost) for taking the chance, whatever their membership, so fair play to them.

I would like to think of that amended process as being empathy driven, but in reality it has shades of the commercial jungle.
It does reward supporters (at a cost) for taking the chance, whatever their membership, so fair play to them.
Of course it's a commercial decision
So whether you attend every game or are a 'hanger on' you are still afforded the same opportunity to buy the ad on anyways

Thanks. I’m with another person so it’d depend if they care about sitting separately to me I prob wouldn’t have a problem with sitting on my own but it’s probably too late to sign up for this year so next time I’ll definitely look into it more. :)
I went to the 2007 and 2009 grannies by myself, very enjoyable, because you’re always in a bay with fellow Cats fans anyway.

I also had a seat by myself for the 2007 Prelim against the Pies, and still remember the euphoria when the siren went caused my and my seat neighbour to spontaneously hug each other in jubilation 😆

I went to the 2007 and 2009 grannies by myself, very enjoyable, because you’re always in a bay with fellow Cats fans anyway.

I also had a seat by myself for the 2007 Prelim against the Pies, and still remember the euphoria when the siren went caused my and my seat neighbour to spontaneously hug each other in jubilation 😆
I went in 11’ and 22’, in 11’ was down the bottom section with my other person and in 22’ up in the nosebleed section with my other person and I only got up there once. Didn’t even go for toilet break lol

But wouldn’t care if I went by myself from now on if it means I don’t have to climb more than 40 stairs

I was with my pies friends in the 2011 GF, very enjoyable last qtr as the left 5 mins into the 4th sooking

Really don’t want to tick standing room/restricted but I guess it give you more of a chance.
Only ever ticked it once and got the worst seats imaginable in 09. Right up the top next to the screen. Couldn’t see half the field so I went and stood on the wing.
Personally if Im gonna have so shit of a seat that I can see **** all or have to stand the whole game Id rather just go to the pub, if that costs me altogether it is what it is.

Have heard unless you're priority 1 you're basically sruffed if you dont tick it though.

Reality is the likelihood you get multiple seats together is very low, better off just going for single tickets and catching up with family/mates at breaks/post game, is easy to make friends with other Cats fans at a Granny anyway when everyones up and about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally if Im gonna have so shit of a seat that I can see **** all or have to stand the whole game Id rather just go to the pub, if that costs me altogether it is what it is.

Have heard unless you're priority 1 you're basically sruffed if you dont tick it though.
Looks like I’ll be ticking it then..

How many tickets are allocated to each member base? Isn’t it like 15k? Surely there isn’t 10k priority 1s?

Funnily enough I rang the club on Monday to upgrade to priority 1 and they stopped selling 2 hours before I rang 🤦‍♂️

What I don’t understand is why is this so ****ing restricted?

Why the need to keep it to a 3 hour window on a Wednesday 3 weeks before the actual match.

The MCC ballot runs for a day and half it’s a ballot not a sale, just seems an odd decision to me.

What I don’t understand is why is this so ****ing restricted?

Why the need to keep it to a 3 hour window on a Wednesday 3 weeks before the actual match.

The MCC ballot runs for a day and half it’s a ballot not a sale, just seems an odd decision to me.
AFL make a killing out of today
If all GFC members go into ballot it is $5.4M in petty cash for the AFL for doing nothing

AFL make a killing out of today
If all GFC members go into ballot it is $5.4M in petty cash for the AFL for doing nothing
Yeah exactly, so if they allowed more time they would probably get more people registering.

At the moment I’m going to have to try to find a time between 12-3 to get this done while I’m at work.

I logged in just before 8am - countdown timer said 29 seconds to go when I got onto the website, and at 8am it clicked over to say I was 712 in the cue

Took only 3 or 4 minutes to get through to the line and I was done by about 8:07am

And for those wondering, these are you selection options:

1726006209081.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back