List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Or none…
Do you think that will happen though? I thought, until the delay in signing the contract offered to him, that Peatling will have definitely re-signed with us. Also, whilst it is now unlikely that we will get both Perryman and Cumming given the $ thrown around by other clubs, I would have thought we would have put a competitive bid for Cumming with the $ saved from Perryman. The closer it comes to the end of the season with no re-signings, the more pessimistic the outlook for us to retain them? On the plus side, hopefully they will realise that we will be getting premierships under Kingsley, and that might persuade a couple of them to stay?

Do you think that will happen though? I thought, until the delay in signing the contract offered to him, that Peatling will have definitely re-signed with us. Also, whilst it is now unlikely that we will get both Perryman and Cumming given the $ thrown around by other clubs, I would have thought we would have put a competitive bid for Cumming with the $ saved from Perryman. The closer it comes to the end of the season with no re-signings, the more pessimistic the outlook for us to retain them? On the plus side, hopefully they will realise that we will be getting premierships under Kingsley, and that might persuade a couple of them to stay?
I do not know

I reckon the reason Peatling hasn't re-signed yet is because he still has chances to prove himself and increase his value. If he has a couple good games during the finals he could get an extra year and some more money.

Perryman and Cummng are different as they have offers we can't reasonably match from other clubs, unless we focus on one of the two. I think given the delay in re-signing, it's likely that we've lost one (Perryman) and the other (Cumming) is just waiting to maybe put some decent finals games in to show that he is worth some of the extra money left over from Pez leaving.

With Haynes Ward Pez coming either coming off the books or on reduced contracts (maybe one of Pez and cheese stays on more dollary doos) I can’t imagine how we are STILL struggling with cap.
Maybe some players are bring paid more in 2025 than 2024.
Certainly Cadman is, also possibly Himmelberg, Callaghan.
Players like Toby, Whitfield, Kelly, Cogs could have increases linked to the cap increasing.

We overpayed for Himmelberg. His work in the contest all year has been ordinary.
It's never been his one-wood. His current value in Kingsley's plan is as a distributor and to take risks to open up the ground.
When it doesn't work it looks bad and when it does it's usually the finishing that gets the attention.

Maybe some players are bring paid more in 2025 than 2024.
Certainly Cadman is, also possibly Himmelberg, Callaghan.
Players like Toby, Whitfield, Kelly, Cogs could have increases linked to the cap increasing.
Would think that Cogs and Kelly are in the decline the way media were talking in 2020 and 21.
TFG has been restructured a couple of times.

Last edited:
Well the Freo game is probably a prime example of the different HH outputs that we can get. 1st half he made several mistakes that punished us and the 2nd half he played much better. So I can see there is an argument for value for money this year.
When you’re paying large money, should come high expectations. For an experienced player, he should be much better in the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure he's on large money. Was similar to the Pez situation. He ended up getting an extra year but the money to leave was better.
The money to leave was ridiculous but in general players don't stay unless the counteroffer is within a reasonable percentage of the money to leave ( this isn't specific to GWS).

After today's game (and previous games as well), I can't see us renewing Haynes' contract for next year, let alone two years like he reportedly wants. Ward is still fighting and I'd re-sign him for next year if he wants, but he might call it quits at the end of the year depending on where we end up.

It would suck to see Haynes go to Carlton or somewhere else after how great he has been for us but I just can't see him playing at senior level for us anymore. He's well past it unfortunately.

After today's game (and previous games as well), I can't see us renewing Haynes' contract for next year, let alone two years like he reportedly wants. Ward is still fighting and I'd re-sign him for next year if he wants, but he might call it quits at the end of the year depending on where we end up.

It would suck to see Haynes go to Carlton or somewhere else after how great he has been for us but I just can't see him playing at senior level for us anymore. He's well past it unfortunately.
Hard no on re-signing him. I think if Fonti was a travelling emergency he would have played.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back