List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, as expected Preuss is gone. So ruckwise we would obviously go with Logan Smith as an academy selection in the draft, and if we're not completely sold on Madden as back up we might see who turns up as a delisted free agent or look at the state leagues.
I think Madden looked very promising in his VFL games this year. A monster of a man who not only dominated hit outs but racked up possessions. Another pre season to build on the tank and he will be banging the door down to play senior footy.

I think Madden looked very promising in his VFL games this year. A monster of a man who not only dominated hit outs but racked up possessions. Another pre season to build on the tank and he will be banging the door down to play senior footy.
I agree. Provided he hasn't lost anything from his injury during the season, he probably is a little more advanced than a normal second year ruckman, and a possibility to act as primary cover for Briggs.

I still think we'd like to get Elliott Himmelberg and cut Lachie Keeffe free; so I can see if EH goes to Suns instead that we might keep Keeffe for one more year ... just in case.

He changed his body shape incredibly fast in his first year. Reminds me of Nankervis a bit.

I still think we'd like to get Elliott Himmelberg and cut Lachie Keeffe free; so I can see if EH goes to Suns instead that we might keep Keeffe for one more year ... just in case.
Honestly if we're that keen for a replacement we should be looking at Ladhams imo, better than EH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we should get Taylor Adams, now that Swans have dropped him for finals.

Put him back in #11 (it's available again) ... if he retires in 2 years, perhaps that would remove the curse?

The club now has 4 vacancies with Cumming, Haynes, Preuss and Hamilton gone (so far).

There are still 5 more players whose contracts expire this year:
  • formal offers made: Perryman and Peatling
  • probably a 1 year extension: Keefe and Stone?
  • probably delisted: Kennedy

In addition Derksen could also leave us this year?

Promises to be a very interesting and significant trade/ draft year!

The club now has 4 vacancies with Cumming, Haynes, Preuss and Hamilton gone (so far).

There are still 5 more players whose contracts expire this year:
  • formal offers made: Perryman and Peatling
  • probably a 1 year extension: Keefe and Stone?
  • probably delisted: Kennedy

In addition Derksen could also leave us this year?

Promises to be a very interesting and significant trade/ draft year!
Yes, I reckon 6 or 7 total vacancies; 4 in the main list, 2 or 3 in the rookie list.

I'll admit, I'm not sure exactly what my thoughts are on that. Arguably, our gameplan doesn't emphasise the wing role (although I think it should, given how we are trying to play). I also think that Joe Fonti could take that wing role ... but yeah if he and Stone were to replace Pez & Cheese, that's a lot of experience that we're losing, and Daniels could ameliorate that for a couple of years.
Look I’ll admit Daniels coming seems a real unlikely scenario. But we played such a young team this year. I was at that hawks game in tassie where we were younger than the hawks team who seemed like babies on the field …. We are losing mid 20’s talent and I worry about our consistency in 25 if we are even younger

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back