List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Adam Kennedy.

The GWS media release is ambiguous, but according to Retirements/Delistings on the AFL website, Kennedy has retired.

Sad day to lose an OG. Kenners has always been my favourite Giant.

Way back in 2013, Mrs Noodle worked for a company that was a minor sponsor & the Giants put on a bit of a do, inviting us (well, her through work) to watch a training session at the still being built Tom Wills & interact with the players after. We were standing there after the session wondering what to do next when a young Adam Kennedy came up, introduced himself, and asked us how we were going.

He bent down to our then 6 year old son, asked him his name and who his favourite player was. Young Master looked him straight in the eye & said “Tom Scully”.

Without missing a beat, or showing any disappointment that Young Master hadn’t said “you” like he probably should have, he said “Right, then let’s go find him”.

The next 10 minutes were spent with Kenners taking Young Master around, introducing him to the likes of Cal Ward & Dylan Sheil & asking after the whereabouts of Tom Scully. He briefly left us to go inside the change rooms & emerged a minute or so later with Tom Scully in tow.

He introduced our son to him “This is your biggest fan, Tom” and made sure we got pictures and chatted with us while Tom did his thing with young master. Tom was great by the way, all the players were (and still are). It’s one of the things I love about this club.

But from that moment on, Kenners was my & Mrs Noodle’s favourite Giant.

Great clubman, heart & soul player, great bloke - and underrated as a player - certainly by more than a few on here. When he was fit, he was in the 22 & deserved to be there.

150+ games is testament to that.

I for one am sad it has come to an end. I wish him well with whatever the next chapter holds.

Edit: looking at the photos we took that day Cal, Dylan & Tom all stood next to Young Master bending over slightly, arm around his shoulder - you know, typical player/kid photos - Kenners photo is different though, he’s down on one knee so he was the same height as him. Just a little difference, a little more consideration, a little more reason he is our favourite.

Last edited:
Sad day to lose an OG. Kenners has always been my favourite Giant.

Way back in 2013, Mrs Noodle worked for a company that was a minor sponsor & the Giants put on a bit of a do, inviting us (well, her through work) to watch a training session at the still being built Tom Wills & interact with the players after. We were standing there after the session wondering what to do next when a young Adam Kennedy came up, introduced himself, and asked us how we were going.

He bent down to our then 6 year old son, asked him his name and who his favourite player was. Young Master looked him straight in the eye & said “Tom Scully”.

Without missing a beat, or showing any disappointment that Young Master hadn’t said “you” like he probably should have, he said “Right, then let’s go find him”.

The next 10 minutes were spent with Kenners taking Young Master around, introducing him to the likes of Cal Ward & Dylan Sheil & asking after the whereabouts of Tom Scully. He briefly left us to go inside the change rooms & emerged a minute or so later with Tom Scully in tow.

He introduced our son to him “This is your biggest fan, Tom” and made sure we got pictures and chatted with us while Tom did his thing with young master. Tom was great by the way, all the players were (and still are). It’s one of the things I love about this club.

But from that moment on, Kenners was my & Mrs Noodle’s favourite Giant.

Great clubman, heart & soul player, great bloke - and underrated as a player - certainly by more than a few on here. When he was fit, he was in the 22 & deserved to be there.

150+ games is testament to that.

I for one am sad it has come to an end. I wish him well with whatever the next chapter holds.
Great story and very sad to see him leave. There are now just 3 original Giants left (Toby, Coniglio and Ward), and I thought there was a chance that we could give him a year as a rookie given the number of our players who seem to be leaving us this year. A great loyal clubman who has only ever played AFL with us, and the very best wishes for his future after AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back