List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get band 1 for Harry and band 2 for Cumming and something in the 20's for Peatling, in what is reported to be a strong deep draft, all of a sudden it is looking like a strong group coming in.
On the back of the last 2 drafts where it is looking very promising talent, it is a new wave coming.
Hopefully we are getting full value out of those guys before we lose the older guys.

Side note, chatting with the younger guys at the BNF about who the best coming through over the last 2 drafts (excluding talls) they went with Rowsten to be the best, they said currently McMullen in front. It wasnt an overly serious conversation so should be taken with a grain of salt but interesting perspective none the less

Side note, chatting with the younger guys at the BNF about who the best coming through over the last 2 drafts (excluding talls) they went with Rowsten to be the best, they said currently McMullen in front.
With another preseason under his belt, I think McMullin will go to another level in 2025. He had a lot of really good moments this year. Hope Rowston can get fit again and show us some of that promise.

With Perryman's compensation, the club currently holds picks 15, 16, 34, 49, 52 and 70.

GIANTS Executive General Manager of Football, Jason McCartney, said:

“While we’d love to retain all our players, circumstances have led us in a different direction and we’re really pleased by the addition of another first-round selection,” McCartney said.

“We believed the GIANTS was a great fit for Harry as not only a footballer but as a person but accept his decision and wish he and his family the best for the next chapter.

“We now hold two first round picks and take an extremely strong hand into this year’s draft to continue to build a successful list with some of the country’s top talent.”

Okay so.
Couple of nice picks coming through the door with Cumming comp and Peatling trade.

I think if we can get Dylan Shiel at a decent price (way less than whatever Adelaide are paying Peatling) on a two year deal it's worth it.

Stringer....I'm nervous about. If he plays for us I think it'd make our forward line the most dangerous in the league with
Cadman Hogan Stringer
Green Daniels Jones.

But....at what cost
...it's Stringer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is the Cumming compensation taking so long to report? They said it would be a notification to the club basically when paperwork was lodged. The interesting thing is that they reported 4 years and likely 2nd round or end of 2nd round originally but now it’s 6.

We must have countered their offer and forced them to add to the deal. Should get us better compo.

Why is the Cumming compensation taking so long to report? They said it would be a notification to the club basically when paperwork was lodged. The interesting thing is that they reported 4 years and likely 2nd round or end of 2nd round originally but now it’s 6.

We must have countered their offer and forced them to add to the deal. Should get us better compo.
McCartney said he was expecting end of second round. I dunno. Band 2 is a chance

Better compo might make the Peatling deal go smoother.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back