List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Explain it to me like I’m an idiot

Josh Battle (26 years old) pick 39 in 2016, played 123 games, reportedly offered $900k over 6 years = Pick 8
Harry Perryman (25 years old) pick 14 in 2016, played 129 games, reportedly offered $900k over 6 years = pick 16
Band 1 compo always goes after a teams first pick. Both players triggered band 1 compensation, so St Kilda get a first rounder after their first pick (pick 7) which is pick 8 and GWS get a first rounder after their first pick (pick 15) which is pick 16.

Josh Battle (26 years old) pick 39 in 2016, played 123 games, reportedly offered $900k over 6 years = Pick 8
Harry Perryman (25 years old) pick 14 in 2016, played 129 games, reportedly offered $900k over 6 years = pick 16
GWS = good team = later pick in the first round = compo comes after that pick.

St Kilda = comedy club = earlier pick in the first round = compo comes after that pick.

With another preseason under his belt, I think McMullin will go to another level in 2025. He had a lot of really good moments this year. Hope Rowston can get fit again and show us some of that promise.
I love McMullen.
I've backed him to be an All Australian. ( And told him)

Biggest flaw of the system is based on ladder position. Buddy was the biggest example and they still haven't fixed it.

Throw in there that Perryman comes with 12 games of finals experience too. That's hard to replace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club currently holds pick 15, 16, 21, 34, 49, 52 and 70

GIANTS Executive General Manager of Football, Jason McCartney, said:

"You never like to see good people leave the club, but that’s the nature of the industry,” McCartney said.

“We believe we tabled a suitable offer to retain Isaac long-term but accept his decision and wish him and his fiancée Mia all the best as they move closer to family.

“The compensation of a third first-round selection for Isaac’s departure further bolsters our capital to work with this off-season and we believe we’re in a really good position heading into the trade and draft period.”

Surely we try to trade up to get GC pick 12… use pick 21 and perhaps what we get for Peatling (probably 25)… which would give them an extra 300 points roughly.

Then we have 12, 15 and 16.

Caruso’s sweet spot I reckon.

Surely we try to trade up to get GC pick 12… use pick 21 and perhaps what we get for Peatling (probably 25)… which would give them an extra 300 points roughly.

Then we have 12, 15 and 16.

Caruso’s sweet spot I reckon.
12, 15 and 16 plus the end of first round pick from Cumming would be a pretty awesome draft hand.

Okay so.
Couple of nice picks coming through the door with Cumming comp and Peatling trade.

I think if we can get Dylan Shiel at a decent price (way less than whatever Adelaide are paying Peatling) on a two year deal it's worth it.

Stringer....I'm nervous about. If he plays for us I think it'd make our forward line the most dangerous in the league with
Cadman Hogan Stringer
Green Daniels Jones.

But....at what cost
...it's Stringer.
The cost will be what will be the up in the air futures of Brown and Riccardi.

12, 15 and 16 plus the end of first round pick from Cumming would be a pretty awesome draft hand.
I mean how many players have left and been de-listed this year at the Giants? We would have to have something like 7 list spots open? Not sure we can afford to bunch picks to move up the order as we probably need all of the picks haha.

Perryman, Cumming, Peatling, Haynes, Hamilton, Preuss, Derksen?

That is a lot of players to replace.

I mean how many players have left and been de-listed this year at the Giants? We would have to have something like 7 list spots open? Not sure we can afford to bunch picks to move up the order as we probably need all of the picks haha.

Perryman, Cumming, Peatling, Haynes, Hamilton, Preuss, Derksen?

That is a lot of players to replace.
Apparently we are confident on keeping Derksen.

I wouldn't be surprised if we take 3 or 4 at the draft, bring someone in (Shiel?), and pick up a cat b rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back