List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade news:

A year ago, Lions were "rapt to have Dev Robertson recommit to their club". Today, Lions’ list boss Dom Ambrogio says midfielder Deven Robertson is keen to explore his options.

Meanwhile, (Blues' Recruiting Boss Nick) Austin told Trade Radio there had yet to be any suitors for Matt Kennedy and Lewis Young, who are looking for fresh starts. “Not as yet,” he said. “These guys are still working through their options.”

Demons premiership player Alex Neal-Bullen will become a Crow today. “We’ll get Alex done today for that pick 28,” Crows recruiting boss Justin Reid said on Monday. Reid said the Crows are also working on a deal for Giants midfielder, James Peatling. This may include a future first-round pick.
Gimme that future 1st

Didn't give much away did he.
Watching the Adelaide one it does feel like they know that they are gonna need to move some picks to get something for the Peatling trade...
Which is good...an F2 isn't gonna cut it
I think his value is early 2nd and we need cover for him so needs to be this year. I really think we should be very strong on this. They can stick a future 2nd up their clacker.

I really hope we are doing significant work on Dev Robertson, he would be a perfect addition, we can offer him a mid role and I think he can make a significant contribution at a low cost.

Trade news:

A year ago, Lions were "rapt to have Dev Robertson recommit to their club". Today, Lions’ list boss Dom Ambrogio says midfielder Deven Robertson is keen to explore his options.

Meanwhile, (Blues' Recruiting Boss Nick) Austin told Trade Radio there had yet to be any suitors for Matt Kennedy and Lewis Young, who are looking for fresh starts. “Not as yet,” he said. “These guys are still working through their options.”

Demons premiership player Alex Neal-Bullen will become a Crow today. “We’ll get Alex done today for that pick 28,” Crows recruiting boss Justin Reid said on Monday. Reid said the Crows are also working on a deal for Giants midfielder, James Peatling. This may include a future first-round pick.

I dunno why Caruso isn't into Matt Kennedy, he's a good player, kicks goals, can tag big bodies and will help address the contested ball issues we saw this year. He is also a former giant that was squeezed out due to too much talent on the list, so would have some relationships there.

The midfield and forward line needs immediate improvement to win a flag in the next year or two.

I dunno why Caruso isn't into Matt Kennedy, he's a good player, kicks goals, can tag big bodies and will help address the contested ball issues we saw this year. He is also a former giant that was squeezed out due to too much talent on the list, so would have some relationships there.

The midfield and forward line needs immediate improvement to win a flag in the next year or two.
Speed.
Our whole game style and Kingsley's mantra seems to be about getting in as much speed on the ball as possible.
I understand you have to have big Bodied pillars like Tom Green, Finn Callaghan in there but that's probably the reason why.

Speed.
Our whole game style and Kingsley's mantra seems to be about getting in as much speed on the ball as possible.
I understand you have to have big Bodied pillars like Tom Green, Finn Callaghan in there but that's probably the reason why.
That, and I think Matt Kennedy doesn't want to relocate out of Melbourne. Maybe he would if there was an ultimatum from Blues that he was out. But it seems to be more "if you can".

Speed.

Yeah agree that might be the reason. These bigger stronger mids are out of fashion a bit now.

I feel though that the ideal combination is contested ball, big body mids, surrounded by smalls with speed on the outskirts and forward and back, which they have an abundance of. The lions are like that, a slower midfield with berry, mcluggage, neal etc. But they balance it out with their elite small forwards.

Anyhow, it might be why sheil is the preference for Kingsley. He's a great centre clearance player, but not a great contested player though, his defensive work can lack a bit too. I feel his disposal has improved the last year or two though.

The lions are like that, a slower midfield with berry, mcluggage, neal etc. But they balance it out with their elite small forwards.
Our big advantage is that, even with a slower midfield, they all make really quick and good decisions and can create their own space. Discounting Ashcroft for the moment, McCluggage is our fastest option but he's not that speedy, he just weaves and spins through into space, and him, Neale, Dunkley, and Berry can all get the ball and hit a teammate given a minimal amount of room. The team isn't fast but the ball movement can be (and then, as you say, once it gets into the half forward space you've got guys like Cameron, Lohmann, Bailey, Ah Chee causing chaos and even Hipwood who's fast for 200cm).

Last edited:
Is the pick in the ANB trade the same as the one that Enrico (Caruso) gave to St Kilda to move up 1 spot in the draft last year to get Leake who St Kilda weren't going to take anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the pick in the ANB trade the same as the one that Enrico (Caruso) gave to St Kilda to move up 1 spot in the draft last year to get Leake who St Kilda weren't going to take anyway?
They weren’t but a few other clubs rated him so he felt the need to jump at that point. We love him as a player so no issues here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back