List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all still posturing, though.

Their comment on Stringer is "there's nothing official", so it's just "chat" at the moment.
Make the trade period 2-3 days as most don't get done until the last hour 😂

Make the trade period 2-3 days as most don't get done until the last hour 😂
I would normally agree, but this year that probably doesn't work for us, as the late-notice departures of Cumming, Peatling & Perryman probably did actually throw a spanner in the works for us, and means that they actually do need some time to do due diligence on guys they might not have expected to even look at.

Bombers' fans are split like Giants fans - some in favour and some going ballistic about the reported trade. To me, yes 56 seems a touch low, but understandable if Essendon just want him gone. If we basically come to an agreement to take him, and turn our attention to Shiel, we may end up with a 2 for 1 type offer of our #37 (which as I've said a few times is at risk of being lost in matching a Logan Smith bid).
Now we got Stone, do we still want Dylan Shiel? I like Dylan as he was one of the players in our inaugural team, and was disappointed when he left us.

Now we got Stone, do we still want Dylan Shiel? I like Dylan as he was one of the players in our inaugural team, and was disappointed when he left us.
I've thought we were one midfielder short since we let both Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper go, and still think so. We've now lost Peatling too. We still struggle in the clearance battle. So, I would go yes - especially with Cogs likely to have a delayed start to the year. There will always be injuries to midfielders in-year.

I understand that we need to balance getting someone like Shiel in, who will demand first grade time, versus trying to run our developing mids (Leake, Rowston especially) through there, but I think we need to raise our quality. Look at teams like Sydney and Brisbane - IMHO, we're quite a way short of the quality of their midfields.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind him for his speed out the middle and training practices.

If we don’t get him I’m not kicking the dog. So…..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are in a really good spot re the Stringer deal either way. Now the media are saying Essendon can’t take him back… they need to make a statement. Stringer has said he wants to go to the Giants.
We could give him two years… it’s suggested the Bombers would pay some of his salary… and we can flick them a lowly pick… they’ll have to accept.
Or we can just walk away… and they are in absolute no man’s land.

We are in a really good spot re the Stringer deal either way. Now the media are saying Essendon can’t take him back… they need to make a statement. Stringer has said he wants to go to the Giants.
We could give him two years… it’s suggested the Bombers would pay some of his salary… and we can flick them a lowly pick… they’ll have to accept.
Or we can just walk away… and they are in absolute no man’s land.
Yep, for once, we're not being wedged.

Good. He is a nice to have, a possible win, and the Bombers have been pushing him out, until a trade was possible that is. Now he is a contracted gun.

If we don’t get him we don’t get him. Unconcerned.

Though I would be interested if Mummy’s couch could go two for two.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back