List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

They are very bullish about the last couple of draft classes.
I think they are expecting to get a lot of growth out of the likes of Cadman, McMullen, Rpwsten, Madden ,Jones, Leake. Gothard and Fonti.
Plus they will add in 3 first rounders this year.

Surely you can't be relying on young guys to push you across the line for a flag though, most of those mentioned haven't even played more than 10 games.

For what it's worth I said this last year as well, I think they could have won the flag this year if they topped up with some extra mature talent.

I'm glad stringer was picked up, but would have liked depth added to the midfield. One or two injuries and it's running very thin. There were also opportunities to bring back past giants in Kennedy and Sheil. Anyhow, hopefully some of those young guys bounce earlier than expected.

What about Joe Daniher, Josh Dunkley and Charlie Cameron? From earlier years.

Dunkley is the one that pushed them over the line imo. From being a good solid contender, to playing in grand finals and winning the flag.

*I also thought McKenna was really handy in that sub role come finals this year.

Last edited:
Do we know which mids are likely to fall in the late teens range?
Really hard to tell with the wide range of ratings on draftees this year.

Possibly Xavier Lindsay (but he might go early), Bo Allan (maybe) then guys who should be taken in the 20s: Tom Gross, Cooper Hynes (both mid-forwards) plus Oliver Hannaford who rocketed up the draft rankings late in the season.
Will we still take a DFA?

eg Ben Paton
Yes. We've got 3 spots on the Rookie A list available, so I think someone like Paton (for his experience) or perhaps Lions' Jaxon (if he's delisted, for his potential). Possibly our academy kid, Joey Delana. One other: maybe someone who misses out on the main draft (so, a Cooper Hamilton type).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back