List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking simple F1 for 15 & 16
:oops:

I know Norths will expect to rise up the ladder next year, but I doubt that your recruiting team would be that bullish on your prospects!

That we'd probably do. I know there's a suggestion that next year's draft isn't as good, but such judgements a year out are prone to be inaccurate.

:oops:

I know Norths will expect to rise up the ladder next year, but I doubt that your recruiting team would be that bullish on your prospects!

That we'd probably do. I know there's a suggestion that next year's draft isn't as good, but such judgements a year out are prone to be inaccurate.

Oh we’re not really expecting to rocket up the ladder.

Win more games is a must. But we could triple our wins and still give you pick 3.

On paper it would be a bad trade but we have got ourselves in a position where we need KPP and there are a large even group in this draft. If we can grab Shanahan and Trainor it might be better long term than another top 4 mid.

There's no bigger fan of Xavier Lindsay than me, he's a player that does a lot well without any clear weaknesses that'll stop him being a good player at AFL level, he is in my view the ultimate pick for us this year given his ability to play as either a mid or defender to a high level. Personally if we got him, I'd love to see his inclusion release Whitfield up to the Wing again because I think that fixes two of our biggest issues in the Attacking phase (Quality of F50 entries in general and reliability of our Wingers). Whilst there's obviously differences, Lindsay's ball use out of the defensive half is very much Whitfield like as well which means we're not copping a massive hit in our ability to hurt on the rebound, and Lindsay is far more capable defensively as well. I'd happily trade two of our picks into the 5-10 region to secure Lindsay, that's how much I rate him.

Clearance players around where our picks are situated aren't great to be honest, I'm a fan of Tom Gross despite the fact most have jumped off him, and I think he's got a lot of Toby Greene traits in his game so who better to help unlock that than the man himself, but hard as a cats head at the contest and able to take some ridiculous marks up forward for a smaller player, I'd be bringing him in and just plopping him in the midfield group. Has some real power as well so is able to clear congestion post clearance pretty well.

I like Jack Whitlock and think he's a perfect Keefe replacement, albeit a fair way off consistently impacting at AFL level, but I'm not a fan of Matt

To me, the perfect draft would be;
15 - Xavier Lindsay, starts as a defender then moves into the midfield over time
16 - Joe Berry, excellent dual sided user with speed and endurance, mostly played as a small forward but has a lot of traits I like for a wing role as well
21 - Harrison Oliver, similar to Lindsay he's a really good user of the footy whilst balancing his defensive responsibility's with his rebound game well, I'd see him as our Pez like-for-like
Bid - Match Logan Smith, will be our Keeffe replacement long term

With the evenness from 8 onwards there's bound to be some sliders if any of these guys went earlier, so this is 'perfect' within what I think is realistic, but Bo Allan, Ollie Hannaford, Murphy Reid and Jesse Dattoli are others that could be in that range that suit us, I'd also not be surprised if we make a move up for Alix Tauru because he's a Caruso pick to a tee.
I'd also say that Floyd Burmeister and Jack Ough are two for fans to look out for or read up on, there's supposedly early interest in both and I wouldn't be surprised if we're the club leading that, they're two of the many I'd love for us to take if available later on, with Will Hayes, Gabriel Stumpf and Lennox Hofman (Saints NGA) others that fit the bracket
How elite is this bloke! Love it

Cheers mate, great intel and something for us to digest in the draft lead up 👍

DFAs available whom we could look at:
  • Ben Paton (defender) & Jack Carroll (mid) are linked to GWS
  • Jaxon Prior from Brisbane (defender)
  • Riley Bonner (defender)
  • Brandan Parfitt (mid)
  • Mitch Hardie (mid)
  • Jack Bytel (mid)
  • James Willis (mid)
  • Coby Burgiel (mid/fwd)

Remove this Banner Ad