List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Whenever a guy is delisted and still has a contract he is always worth a look as another club will be covering his wage.

Forgotten Port Adelaide defender Tom Clurey delisted despite having a contract

Yeah I'd agree with that. If we can push stringer up the ground like a Daniels role and put pressure on he will be dangerous on the way back.
I think we have the most dangerous forward line in the comp.
If our mids can win a bit more contested ball next year I think we are a big chance.
I really agree with that last point.

We played best this year when we halved or won contested stats. Tom G has a lot of heavy lifting in there and we missed cogs at his best for most of the year

I can really only see the improvement coming from youth (rowston and leake) rather than any realistic DFA prospect

A poster on Richmond board wants to trade 11,20 for 15,16?
Would we do that?,
I think so, Richmond the club probably wants more from us.
The poster thought 10,15 gets them pick 2 from North.
Hell yes, I would.

No way Richmond the club does that though.

No way 10 & 15 gets 2, either.

Looking at the west coast fan reaction to the baker deal I imagine a lot of fan bases would be reluctant to trade picks out of or even down in this draft as the media hype about how good it is has been significant.

I’m prepping myself for an uneventful lead up to draft night

Looking at the west coast fan reaction to the baker deal I imagine a lot of fan bases would be reluctant to trade picks out of or even down in this draft as the media hype about how good it is has been significant.

I’m prepping myself for an uneventful lead up to draft night
For once I'm not bothered by that. I think we get a lot of shots at bringing in a good players this year.
Like last year, any year you bring in a multiple top 20 picks I think you are restocking talent really well.

Yeah...I'd rather just deal with North if 15/16 could get 2. It can't.
I think we could be part of a pick swap, but only on the condition it is for the mutual benefit of all clubs involved, hence we won't be paying the usual 30% loading points wise to do so. We agree on a swap, but only a 10-15% loading at most. 15,16 is points wise worth the same as pick 4.
I don't know how we get involved if at all, but maybe the best option is to not ask for a trade up, but listen to offers from anybody trading down.
If not, take the picks.( and consider flicking 1 into the future), perhaps 16 for Geelongs F1 could be an option.

If not, take the picks.( and consider flicking 1 into the future), perhaps 16 for Geelongs F1 could be an option.

We won't be trading Future 1st to get back into this year as we said the same thing to Bulldogs when they asked for it for Bailey Smith. Smith at 23 is basically our first round draft pick. We don't need to make other moves.

That 2025 First will be kept open for Clarry, Butters, Brayshaw etc if they request a trade to Cats

I'm sure others around us may be more open to it though?

We won't be trading Future 1st to get back into this year as we said the same thing to Bulldogs when they asked for it for Bailey Smith. Smith at 23 is basically our first round draft pick. We don't need to make other moves.

That 2025 First will be kept open for Clarry, Butters, Brayshaw etc if they request a trade to Cats

I'm sure others around us may be more open to it though?
View attachment VID-20240713-WA0001.mp4
From behalf of the whole competition let's hope that doesn't eventuate though.Enough of Geelong ..Brayshaw staying put and helping Freo win there first premiership or Butters helping Kenny win one or Clarry overcoming his demons at the Demons These would be better received.. That's if Giants dont win the premiership next year😀

View attachment 2149476
From behalf of the whole competition let's hope that doesn't eventuate though.Enough of Geelong ..Brayshaw staying put and helping Freo win there first premiership or Butters helping Kenny win one or Clarry overcoming his demons at the Demons These would be better received.. That's if Giants dont win the premiership next year😀

And in response fellow Big Big Sound follower, i submit this personal favourite

patrick dangerfield tea GIF by geelongcats

Good luck in 2025 :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Jack Carroll has been delisted from Carlton.Apparently he was on our radar.To be honest I only vaguely knew who he was before i watched his YouTube highlights but I dont mind him after viewing his highlights. .Possible mature age Peatling replacement type makes sense while we still getting a potential A grade type like Xavier Lindsay etc in the draft?

How many list spots do we need to fill?

Between 2- 4 on the primary list.
Plus 2 on the rookie A list.

On one hand, you'd think he might head to WCE. But conversely, why wasn't he included in the pick #3 trade ... maybe he's not as keen to get back to WA as Eagles fans might have thought?

I thought he had qualities back in his draft year, so happy if we're interested enough to check him out.

So Jack Carroll has been delisted from Carlton.Apparently he was on our radar.To be honest I only vaguely knew who he was before i watched his YouTube highlights but I dont mind him after viewing his highlights. .Possible mature age Peatling replacement type makes sense while we still getting a potential A grade type like Xavier Lindsay etc in the draft?
I wouldn't be adverse to rookie listing him or Patton (or both)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back