Prediction 2024 GWS Giants - Predicted best 22, breakout player(s), general player/team discussion & questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Which stat? Both our clearance figures and the eye test is telling me that he's not connecting.
I was referring to the Zerohanger, not you GS
Take his ho, clearances and tackles as a whole and he’s going well …. Not as well as last year, but he hasn’t had a stable midfield lately

4 Giants were rated among the 47 AFL players classified as elite by Champions data - Jesse, Toby Greene, Brent Daniels and Callan Ward. Surprisingly, none of our backs or Tom Green made the list?

Players are placed into one of six positions; general defender, key defender, midfielder, wing, general forward and key forward, with players who feature in the top 10 per cent for their position listed as 'elite'.

4 Giants were rated among the 47 AFL players classified as elite by Champions data - Jesse, Toby Greene, Brent Daniels and Callan Ward. Surprisingly, none of our backs or Tom Green made the list?

Players are placed into one of six positions; general defender, key defender, midfielder, wing, general forward and key forward, with players who feature in the top 10 per cent for their position listed as 'elite'.

Champion Data's list of elite players is always extremely suspect, to say the least.

I remember the year before last when they put Jeremy Finlayson on there. They have no clue.

Of course, the devil is in the detail (that we don't see), but that list isn't too bad off the eye test. Ward perhaps lucky, but his stats in the role he's been asked to play are actually good, which has got him into that list.

Tom has dropped off since the start of the year, but getting subbed out 10 minutes into a game hurts your stats.

Champion Data's list of elite players is always extremely suspect, to say the least.

I remember the year before last when they put Jeremy Finlayson on there. They have no clue.
It's not based off clues, it's literally based off stats. So if they picked some silly stats due to history, silly players end up in their lists.

Yeah I can't really see who he'd replace in that midfield, it's stacked.

Maybe he could've fit onto the interchange?

Yeah I can't really see who he'd replace in that midfield, it's stacked.

Maybe he could've fit onto the interchange?
Wardlaw, Massimo and even Reid didn't perform as well as Finn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would certainly take young Darcy Jones before Ginnivan or Rachelle. Not sure how many games played were required to qualify.
I don't recall seeing any "minimums" published anywhere, but Darcy wasn't included in the squad list, so he wasn't an option to vote for.

The final vote is a fan vote once a squad is named; unfortunately most Victorian supporters are parochial, and worse, wouldn't view too many Giants' games so wouldn't really know the capability of guys like Callaghan and Jones.

C'est la vie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2024 GWS Giants - Predicted best 22, breakout player(s), general player/team discussion & questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back