Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Given our injury list, I'm seriously staggered we took Ned Long (with a calf injury) ahead of picking up another match-hardened ruckman.

Begg's season is over. Steene is out until R20. Cox is out until R19.

If DC goes down, all we've got is Iliro.

Doesn't work that way.
21 days are only for VFL listed. Its still 12 days for AFL listers, which Carmy is.
Strange isn't it that their brain is treated differently? 🙄

Anyway, I suppose because he's had a few in a short space of time he'd be in this category :

Repeated concussions must be reported to the AFL chief medical officer, while younger players sustaining a concussion must be treated more carefully and conservatively than older teammates and competitors.

It's a bit strange because I thought he would be ready to come straight in. He'll have to miss weeks and then a couple of weeks in the VFL maybe

He went from 1-2 weeks last week to 3 weeks this week. :tearsofjoy:

Strange isn't it that their brain is treated differently? 🙄

Anyway, I suppose because he's had a few in a short space of time he'd be in this category :

Repeated concussions must be reported to the AFL chief medical officer, while younger players sustaining a concussion must be treated more carefully and conservatively than older teammates and competitors.
Yeah something about VFL players not having the assistance to the medical stuff afl players do..

Doesn't make sense I know.

Yeah Carmy, this is his third conussion since september, and think he had another before then too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reefy never looks that tall. I've read it often. That's key position height and taller than Checkers. I will never see him as a key forward. He's a good back up in that role.
Yes it’s taller than Checkers and he’s very clearly got nearly an inch on him if you actually look at him. It is indeed KP height, but height isn’t everything for a KPP, build is important too, and Reef at 21 years old is not the finished product in terms of his build, as I’m certain Checkers wasn’t either at 21 and not even drafted yet.

Beef - Cows
Mutton - sheep
Chicken - chickens
Pork - pigs
Fish - Fishes

Is it something to do with if you’re referring to the meat or the animals?
Na. I might be wrong but my understanding is that when the Norman's invaded England they brought their words like Beef to England. They would eat the beef and trade the beef. While the Saxons who looked after the animals kept their names for the animals, for example Cows. We also have a lot of legal words from the Norman's like magistrate.

Good to get an update but geez, its still pretty grim reading. Past experience would suggest too that when return-to-play date ranges are provided, the reality almost always turns out to the later option, if not longer. We don't do surprisingly early returns at Collingwood, other than to inflict fresh injury upon those foolish enough to attempt it.

We should stagger these returns post bye. I wouldn't bring them back all at once. Especially all coming off injury.
Don't mind your thinking. They may be under done and not be able to fully run out a game. This is how I would deal with the returns.

Long would play VFL
Richards back in via VFL
DeGoey play him forward to ease him in. Maybe a burst or two in the midfield. Sub him off if needed.
Mihocek play him deeper then usual sub him off if necessary. He usually gets a few injuries in a season and he usually fights through it.
Pendlebury should be doing lots of running because he has an arm issue so he should be right.

Don't mind your thinking. They may be under done and not be able to fully run out a game. This is how I would deal with the returns.

Long would play VFL
Richards back in via VFL
DeGoey play him forward to ease him in. Maybe a burst or two in the midfield. Sub him off if needed.
Mihocek play him deeper then usual sub him off if necessary. He usually gets a few injuries in a season and he usually fights through it.
Pendlebury should be doing lots of running because he has an arm issue so he should be right.
I’m pretty sure that Richards has done enough even in the short time he’s played seniors that they’d want to get him straight back in the 23 tbh. He seems to just work exceptionally well in our system.

Isn't that what he did when both DeGoey and Mihocek came back and got re-injured?
It’s also what they did every single other time a player came back and didn’t get re-injured…

Reefy never looks that tall. I've read it often. That's key position height and taller than Checkers. I will never see him as a key forward. He's a good back up in that role.
He is still only 21 who knows how much mass he will put on over the next few years. He might be a powerhouse in a few years.

I’m pretty sure that Richards has done enough even in the short time he’s played seniors that they’d want to get him straight back in the 23 tbh. He seems to just work exceptionally well in our system.
I would agree if it's was a one week injury and I wouldn't mind it, however after a 4-5 week break 1 game in the VFL wouldn't hurt especially with so many other players coming back.

Edit: I don't mind him as the sub.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back