Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Given our injury list, I'm seriously staggered we took Ned Long (with a calf injury) ahead of picking up another match-hardened ruckman.

Begg's season is over. Steene is out until R20. Cox is out until R19.

If DC goes down, all we've got is Iliro.
I suspect there was a few promises made to Long to get him in Collingwoods VFL team. He would have had to perform well in our VFL team to get picked up.

Mihocek had a standard hamstring, which is typically 21 days out. Mihocek was out for 21 days.

De Goey was originally injured with a groin. He is now injured with an abdominal strain.
Mihocek was 21 days? Okay I'm happy to take your word on that.
DeGoey still has a groin issue I believe. But I'm happy to be corrected.

Pretty pumped about the group of experienced talent that will be back after the bye. Pendles, JDG, Checkers, Mitchell & Richards (the latter obviously not an experienced one, but he sure did look it!) all back is a huge boost.

They’re all great players who would make any side better …

… but it’ll be interesting to see if we would make that many changes at once?

Especially if the incumbents give a good account of themselves over the next few weeks.

They’re all great players who would make any side better …

… but it’ll be interesting to see if we would make that many changes at once?

Especially if the incumbents give a good account of themselves over the next few weeks.
We've been making 4 changes a week for the past month.

Only 2 in total have been by choice (Macrae and Allan)

Would we make that many changes if we have the choice?
Considering the system has been holding up whilst bringing in 4 inexperienced guys and the returnees are so experienced - I have little doubt that we'd bring them all back at once if they were fit.

Injured? He played last week?

He’s been amongst 2-3 best players on the ground last 3 weeks.
That’s why I said on/off. He missed the state game through injury and has had some other concerns throughout the season.

He’s good at state league level because he’s a big body but that’s it. sub 60% DE or thereabouts at SANFL level would be roasted at AFL level.

Exactly my point. I don't think the poster I replied to understands the rules of MSD & salary cap.

He seems to think you can offer any player, anywhere, whatever you want at anytime to come to your club. Harking back to the Carlton brown paper bags under the table era.
To be fair, if it was on a parcel of land near Geelong, we could offer him a mansion and a farm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m pretty sure that Richards has done enough even in the short time he’s played seniors that they’d want to get him straight back in the 23 tbh. He seems to just work exceptionally well in our system.
I think that his ability is enhanced by those around him who understand our system better than the VFL. Many of the VFL boys are still new to the system themself and as a small forward, he's relying on their ability as much as his own.

Great work ethic, too.

6 to 8 weeks recovery!! Considering it's surgery on his foot, he wouldn't be doing any running only upper body conditioning, so how long after the 6 to 8 weeks would Titch be ready to play? He would probably need a good block of a mini pre-season of say 3 to 4 weeks.
Every chance we won't see him again in the regular season.
Looks like Sulli has got that midfield position for the remainder of the home and away season at least. Also an opportunity for a Macrae to step up and provide some relief in that midfield....
Only upside is that it's probably added another season onto his career, as he wouldn't have played much footy this year...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back