Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Papley
Tom has commenced rehabilitation for his medial ankle sprain. He will likely miss a further 3 – 5 weeks.

Lewis Melican
Lewis was subbed out of the game against the Western Bulldogs due to hamstring tightness. He will be a test to play Port Adelaide.

Dane Rampe
Dane’s low grade calf strain is progressing well. He will be a test to return to play this weekend against Port Adelaide.

Patrick Snell
Patrick is building his running speed and rehab skills exposure. He will miss a further 1 – 2 matches.

Justin McInerney
Justin is progressing his knee PCL rehabilitation. He is completing leg strengthening and off legs conditioning.

Jacob Konstanty
Jacob has progressed out of the boot. He has commenced leg strengthening and off legs conditioning.

Jack Buller
Jack Buller is now 7 weeks post surgery. He is aiming to commence running in 2 – 3 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't see it happening.

I suspected the club would come up with the ol' "hamstring tightness" (or "hamstring awareness") line.

I don't know why they do it. A hammy means weeks.
They didn’t apply any ice which suggests it may have been a tight hammy. I suspect it was just that and they didn’t want to risk him given his history. When he came off he was being massaged and assessed for a while before he was subbed. Lewis would have been subbed straight out if he done a proper hammy.
that said - given his history an extra week might not hurt

Sounds like Jmac is working back? maybe plays the Bombers or Crows? or too hopeful
Odd they gave no indication of time. Think it might be a week to week prognosis seeing how he feels with weekly load increases.

To think his leg was completely immobile for two weeks, he'd need atleast a couple of weeks of rehab followed by back to normal heavy load training for another few weeks. I doubt we see him before finals.

AFL.com.au weekly summary:

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURNLAST WEEK'S UPDATE
Jacob KonstantyFootTBCTBC
Justin McInerneyKneeTBCTBC
Tom PapleyAnkle3-5 weeks4-6 weeks
Patrick SnellHamstring1-2 weeks1-2 weeks

TEST:
Will Hayward (Ankle)
Lewis Melican (Hamstring)
Dane Rampe (Calf)

Do
Odd they gave no indication of time. Think it might be a week to week prognosis seeing how he feels with weekly load increases.

To think his leg was completely immobile for two weeks, he'd need atleast a couple of weeks of rehab followed by back to normal heavy load training for another few weeks. I doubt we see him before finals.

I guess if its come up good its about rebuilding?

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back