List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don’t think drafting would be the answer as we need someone yesterday. I’d be trading picks, players etc if we can identify a decent gettable target. I know that this will be an unpopular view but clubs are currently circling Owies, and TDK seems to operate better without Pitto, and Rucks currently hold good currency. These are option I would look at to get support in for Weiters asap.

Whilst I'm not a fan of trading Owies (given his consistency and the lack lustre forward scoreboard impact from our other smalls), I def agree that we need a KPD with immediate impact, not just drafting and needing to wait 3 years for their development as our window is now.

Hotton or Harry Armstrong. One of these guys I hope we get. Both won’t play in 2025 but think we definitely need to look at another forward.

If either one of McKay or Charlie went down, we would most certainly struggle so I think a forward is the right option as our 1st pick and hope we can jag a key back late in the draft.

As for Owies, if he’s not kicking goals he’s just not in the action. Will be 28 come the start of 2025. Maybe if a good offer comes our way we part with him? I know people won’t like him leaving but he really isn’t involved much at all and I hope we are striving for a more balanced forwardline.

As for Martin, I’m not interested in keeping him beyond 2024

I think we are in a great position to be around for years. Regardless of what people think of recent form, at absolute worst case scenario we will be in it till the semis, that’s 2 very solid years in a row with most of the important pieces in their mid 20s

Strong father sons and now hopefully academy players to come in will help build our lacksture youth. Just need to keep recruiting pieces along the way, which we will cause we are Carlton

We don’t need to restructure the whole list, just need to not offer anymore jack Martin type contracts

I think a good medium forward and a quick small forward would be good. Cottrell, Fantasia, Cuningham and Fogarty are VFL level players. The fact we haven't found players to come in in these spots suggests we are really weak here.

I'm not sure another tall forward is a great idea unless they are super athletic and work well at ground level play. I'd be thinking medium forward rather than key forward. Every time we go to tall we get beaten on the rebound. I would prefer to see a medium forward or two come into the side.

We just lack a good spread of quality, skilled ball winners ahead of the ball. Williams has helped. Hollands has been good. I am sure a fit Martin and Motlop would help as well. But it's clear how difficult we have found it putting this all together.

Maybe we have looked and haven't found anyone gettable. Or maybe we will find we have.

Happy for Martin to stay in the twos for a bit.

Re Martin: IMO the Main issue, and the main test, will be whether he strings 4-6 games together, and Impacts, at the end into finals at the pointy end.

If he does this, and with Impact, I’ll be happy with his position and the way it is managed. Have a feeling this is how the club is seeing it, too.

(Edit: *ideally there’d be more games played and helping us actually get to finals etc.. but think the above is the KPI)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hotton or Harry Armstrong. One of these guys I hope we get. Both won’t play in 2025 but think we definitely need to look at another forward.

If either one of McKay or Charlie went down, we would most certainly struggle so I think a forward is the right option as our 1st pick and hope we can jag a key back late in the draft.

As for Owies, if he’s not kicking goals he’s just not in the action. Will be 28 come the start of 2025. Maybe if a good offer comes our way we part with him? I know people won’t like him leaving but he really isn’t involved much at all and I hope we are striving for a more balanced forwardline.

I would rookie mcmahonvfl and prioritise drafting a burst mid or kpd

Riley Garcia out of contract at the doggies.

Serious player. Smashed us in the VFL and too good for that level. Having his best year and at 23 he's ripe for a breakout year and a bigger role. I'd see him as an upgrade on Matt Kennedy (whose playing Fwd/Mid).
Lightning quick. Exactly the type we need if he can continue to improve his disposal.

Can we fit in a Clayton Oliver. Let him play with Cripps for 2-3 years then take over. It means a player likes Kennedy needs to move on.

I’m sure he would come cheap to a point Melbourne may pay part of his salary. Or we take the lot and get him for a future second.

Can we fit in a Clayton Oliver. Let him play with Cripps for 2-3 years then take over. It means a player likes Kennedy needs to move on.

I’m sure he would come cheap to a point Melbourne may pay part of his salary. Or we take the lot and get him for a future second.
Isn’t his contract 6 years 10 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back