List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all reports thereā€™s not many academy or father sons in the top 30, three by last reports.
Here's a list of Father/Son and Academy prospects. Likely not complete.

Levi Ashcroft - Brisbane F/S, likely top-5
Leo Lombard - Gold Coast Academy, likely top-10
Sam Marshall - Brisbane Academy, likely 10-25
Isaac Kako - Essendon NGA, likely 10-25 (if a rule change allows them to match)
Ben Camporeale - Carlton F/S, likely 15-30
Tyler Welsh - Adelaide F/S, likely 20-40
Lucas Camporeale - Carlton F/S, likely 30-50
Malakai Champion - West Coast NGA, likely 30-50 (pending rule change if bid comes before 40)
Louis Montgomery - Port Adelaide F/S, likely 40+
Doug Kerr - Collingwood NGA, likely 40+
Luke Quaynor - Collingwood NGA
Noah Yze - Melbourne F/S
Ky Burgoyne - Hawthorn or Port Adelaide F/S
Charlie Crawford - Hawthorn F/S

Likely 3-6 in the top-30.

Weā€™re in the window so need to take advantage where we can Houston is a meters gained type who could improve our connection inside 50 enormously IMO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Heā€™s not an essential. Newman, Saad, Gov and the emergence of Cowan and Boyd have eliminated our need for ball movement out of defence, and into our forward line. Like I said, would much rather spend money elsewhere, while also not giving up several draft picks too

How a magnificent club like ours couldn't manage to get cover for the loss of Jones a few years back is astonishing.

They went with Young and Nigel - did they really do their homework on these guys?

Watching Young - should have been pretty easy for coaches/austin to see he was never going to make it.

Nigel - I think he had an injury riddled background - something we should be staying well away from - got enough injuries.

Then they try and plug Kemp into the hole.

Pretty poor really - particularly seeing we are well into our flag window.
I have asked the same question myself but I also wonder how many quality Key Defenders have been available over the past few years. Midfielders are much easier to replace.

I'm also sure that there are a couple of teams that would love forwards of the quality of Harry and Charlie to complete their teams.

It's frustrating , we really need to find somebody this off-season to perform that role.

There's also the matter of the salary cap that needs to be kept in check, we have a number of highly paid players already, even if some are taking unders, it has to be tight.

If Young isnā€™t picked now he is done
If Durdin canā€™t get through VFL games he is done
If Marchbank canā€™t play multiple games and regain form he is done
Kemp is not a defender and not tall like McGovern

Weitering needs help. We are fragile

KPD needs to be a focus at years end
I think we can all agree that we desperately need to bring a quality KPD into the club at the end of this season.

I guess the question is how do we do that? The only way I see it happening is through a trade, we can't afford to draft an 18 year old and wait years for him to develop.

We have to give up someone of quality to do this, the question is who and it's dependent on another club's needs.

We have several players with virtually no trade value who we possibly need to move on, S. Durdin, Marchbank, Cuningham and Martin.

Who of the players who would have some value is expendable?

I think we can all agree that we desperately need to bring a quality KPD into the club at the end of this season.

I guess the question is how do we do that? The only way I see it happening is through a trade, we can't afford to draft an 18 year old and wait years for him to develop.

We have to give up someone of quality to do this, the question is who and it's dependent on another club's needs.

We have several players with virtually no trade value who we possibly need to move on, S. Durdin, Marchbank, Cuningham and Martin.

More importantly. Who is available at a reasonable price for us to get in?

More importantly. Who is available at a reasonable price for us to get in?
This is a good question, I'm sure that the club would have its targets but we aren't getting anybody of value in without giving something up. That is what we need to get our heads around.

This is a good question, I'm sure that the club would have its targets but we aren't getting anybody of value in without giving something up. That is what we need to get our heads around.
We arenā€™t going to be trading out picks this year I assume, and we may have to trade our first round pick next year to cater for Cody Walker, if he goes high in 2026. So we are limited in capital to go after an A grade, or even B, grade key defender. Very few teams have multiple quality key defenders

We arenā€™t going to be trading out picks this year I assume, and we may have to trade our first round pick next year to cater for Cody Walker, if he goes high in 2026. So we are limited in capital to go after an A grade, or even B, grade key defender. Very few teams have multiple quality key defenders
I'm talking trading a player, not picks. You are right though, key position players are hard to come by including key forwards. Hard to manufacture a trade.

I'm talking trading a player, not picks. You are right though, key position players are hard to come by including key forwards. Hard to manufacture a trade.
It may just be a part of the ground where we have to manufacture a structure to stand up defensively. The only team I can think of in the last 10 years thatā€™s been incredibly balanced was Geelong in 2022. Every other premiership team in that time has had a part of the ground theyā€™ve had to cater to (Collingwood and Melbourneā€™s lack of key forwards, Richmondā€™s small key defenders, West Coastā€™s outside run, dogs everywhere other than the midfield in 2016)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to plan for the future and also get in a mature KPD. We are in the window. Even with Campo kids we will have a first round pick and future picks could be on the table

I'd be chasing Barrass or McGovern. Not sure of anyone else that may be available?

It may just be a part of the ground where we have to manufacture a structure to stand up defensively. The only team I can think of in the last 10 years thatā€™s been incredibly balanced was Geelong in 2022. Every other premiership team in that time has had a part of the ground theyā€™ve had to cater to (Collingwood and Melbourneā€™s lack of key forwards, Richmondā€™s small key defenders, West Coastā€™s outside run, dogs everywhere other than the midfield in 2016)
Yep, that's quite possible and I am certain that the club has been trying to remedy this situation since Jones left, I'm not believing that they have just sat on their hands.

Rather than it being poor on the part of the club it just may be that they haven't had any success in getting who they have wanted to bring in, It's not all that easy to dislodge these types of players. As supporters we look at it and get frustrated because it's an obvious deficiency, what we don't know is what is done behind the scenes in an attempt to address the situation.

Yep, that's quite possible and I am certain that the club has been trying to remedy this situation since Jones left, I'm not believing that they have just sat on their hands.

Rather than it being poor on the part of the club it just may be that they haven't had any success in getting who they have wanted to bring in, It's not all that easy to dislodge these types of players. As supporters we look at it and get frustrated because it's an obvious deficiency, what we don't know is what is done behind the scenes in an attempt to address the situation.
Spot on. Couldnā€™t have said it better myself

We need to plan for the future and also get in a mature KPD. We are in the window. Even with Campo kids we will have a first round pick and future picks could be on the table

I'd be chasing Barrass or McGovern. Not sure of anyone else that may be available?
Agree with all of this, I wonder whether there are any good prospects in this year's draft. Getting an experienced player appears to be problematic.

Agree with all of this, I wonder whether there are any good prospects in this year's draft. Getting an experienced player appears to be problematic.

I'm told it's a very midfield based draft?

Is Denver Grainger-Barass an option? Dogs have heaps of talls, maybe Busslinger?

The wildcard maybe Lemmey if he can come on. Looks more a defender to me than a forward and I'm liking O'Keefe as a ruck/fwd

This seems a more appropriate venue to discuss trade options, not the preview thread!?!

We do have trade collateral, surely we've now gone past the "two ruckmen" theory, and if we need to have another ruckman then either Mirkov or O'Keefe need to be that option. Pitto, unlikely to get regular games, and a proven viable first choice ruck would have to be a viable option to the likes of Geelong, maybe Wet Toasters or even back up for Maxie??

Could bring the likes of McLovin (snr), Kolodjasnij in that trade; or we may gather the required stocks to make a pitch for Battle?

This seems a more appropriate venue to discuss trade options, not the preview thread!?!

We do have trade collateral, surely we've now gone past the "two ruckmen" theory, and if we need to have another ruckman then either Mirkov or O'Keefe need to be that option. Pitto, unlikely to get regular games, and a proven viable first choice ruck would have to be a viable option to the likes of Geelong, maybe Wet Toasters or even back up for Maxie??

Could bring the likes of McLovin (snr), Kolodjasnij in that trade; or we may gather the required stocks to make a pitch for Battle?
Isn't Battle a UFA?
Are there any others who would be good for us? Tongue in cheek, Ben Keays...?

I'm told it's a very midfield based draft?

Is Denver Grainger-Barass an option? Dogs have heaps of talls, maybe Busslinger?

The wildcard maybe Lemmey if he can come on. Looks more a defender to me than a forward and I'm liking O'Keefe as a ruck/fwd
Hawks are very keen on obtaining Battle, which would suggest that DGB is underwhelming.
Busslinger recently signed a 2 year contract extension.
I like the JGov option at a reasonable cost, plus drafting a KPD with our first pick.

Hawks are very keen on obtaining Battle, which would suggest that DGB is underwhelming.
Busslinger recently signed a 2 year contract extension.
I like the JGov option at a reasonable cost, plus drafting a KPD with our first pick.
Knock on DGB is he doesnā€™t have the tank for AFL footballā€¦

Both would be great but both would be difficult, Barras is young enough to need to trade decent picks and Gov is on about $1M if you believe the media, what are your thoughts on Jake Kolodjashni from the Cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back