List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On what grounds is suggesting a forward who has kicked over 360 goals would be a good fit, be ban worthy.

Im more than happy to listen to others views, but he’s a grub because he cheated on his partner 10 years ago and has crap Tatts doesnt make some one un recruitable.

For what its worth, i dont like him.

But i want players who will contribute to a flag.
I wasn't being serious about you getting banned lol. I just dislike both of those players for very obvious reasons.

Stringer's two best years on the scoring front (the only two he's averaged 2+ goals) have been contract extension years.

2015 he averages 2.5 goals, earns himself a 3-year extension at the Dogs. Two years later they punt him out the door.
He lands at Essendon in poor shape, on a 4-year deal taking him through to 2021, and never really lives up to the "Package" hype.
2021 rolls around and he suddenly finds some form, averages 2.2 goals a game, earns himself another 3-year deal.
2022 and 2023 his output drops again.
His third best season for average goals....2024, out of contract again. What a surprise.

Reports are he's asking for a 3-year deal to help set him up for life after footy. Would prefer to stay at Essendon but open to moving.

Yes, it's speculation, but it's an educated guess based on his historical form. He spikes whenever he's coming out of contract, then drops away again once he's locked in. This next deal will likely be his last, he'll have no new contract to play for - maybe he realises he could also jag a flag if he pulls his finger out, but it looks to me like he's already got his sight firmly set on whatever comes after footy.

I really appreciate you actually going to a bit of effort in relation to the idea instead of just giving it the thumbs down and you’re right, his output has spiked in contract years, but his output across all other seasons, even including his first season where he played 10 games, he’s still averaged just under 1.5 goals a game.

As a half forward/medium forward that’s a very high level

Stringer's two best years on the scoring front (the only two he's averaged 2+ goals) have been contract extension years.

2015 he averages 2.5 goals, earns himself a 3-year extension at the Dogs. Two years later they punt him out the door.
He lands at Essendon in poor shape, on a 4-year deal taking him through to 2021, and never really lives up to the "Package" hype.
2021 rolls around and he suddenly finds some form, averages 2.2 goals a game, earns himself another 3-year deal.
2022 and 2023 his output drops again.
His third best season for average goals....2024, out of contract again. What a surprise.

Reports are he's asking for a 3-year deal to help set him up for life after footy. Would prefer to stay at Essendon but open to moving.

Yes, it's speculation, but it's an educated guess based on his historical form. He spikes whenever he's coming out of contract, then drops away again once he's locked in. This next deal will likely be his last, he'll have no new contract to play for - maybe he realises he could also jag a flag if he pulls his finger out, but it looks to me like he's already got his sight firmly set on whatever comes after footy.

I really appreciate you actually going to a bit of effort in relation to the idea instead of just giving it the thumbs down and you’re right, his output has spiked in contract years, but his output across all other seasons, even including his first season where he played 10 games, he’s still averaged just under 1.5 goals a game.

As a half forward/medium forward that’s a very high level

I think you need to be a little bit more realistic in a salary cap era about what kind of key defender depth we can afford on our list, Young for example is no better or worse than other teams depth such as Joyce, Keath, Tomlinson, Francis, Frampton unfortunately injuries have hurt our side more than most and we’ve had to play our depth.

Hopefully that improves next year with Marchbank and Durdin replaced but I would much rather replace them with agile defenders rather than trying to fit in another slow less mobile option just because they are tall.

Where have I said anything different?

So we can make a 2nd tall KPD out of

Jsos ?

Young? can we make a player out of him? get some one on one training for him?

I've given up on Young. I keep thinking he's a valuable list player as he can fill so many roles but then he plays and is no better than a witches hat. Depending upon money but I'd seriously look at paying him out

Be interesting to hear what our Coaches/LM group think about Jack playing KPD or Lemmey or O'Keefe? If they think one can then it changes the whole conversation

Will we keep Sam Durdin, Will we Kemp in defence, what will Cowan's role be?

A lot of variables but I would love to know what they think

No idea of your age but id like to get peoples thoughts on how they felt when we signed Rhys-Jones? My mates dad used to talk about how he hated him at the Swans but guess what, loved him when he came across.
Rhys Jones first season was 1985. He was the Swans best player. It was a big signing. Rhys-Jones is exactly the type we lack in the current side. He would be better in today's football than in the era he played

If we had to, which one of our stars would you consider is the most expendable and hence traded?

I think many of you are like to say none…and that’s ok.

Imo Cripps, Weitering, H and Charlie are the four I would not trade under any circumstance.

I think we need to have a good look at where we can get some trade value and I see it in these players:

Walsh Cerra gov saad Kennedy Hewett (maybe)

Plus delisting the 3 key injury prones

And maybe 1-2 role players

There should be enough flexibility in that group to clear some cap space and generate some 1st/2nd round picks.

I think this is the year to have a close hard and honest look at the list to:

1. Balance the list out, and
2. Bring some pace into the side.

I see this as a bit of a must for us to move forward and have a genuine chance at a flag.

Ideally we bring some better credentialed assistant coaches or a mentor to help with in game decision making.

If we had to, which one of our stars would you consider is the most expendable and hence traded?

I think many of you are like to say none…and that’s ok.

Imo Cripps, Weitering, H and Charlie are the four I would not trade under any circumstance.

I think we need to have a good look at where we can get some trade value and I see it in these players:

Walsh Cerra gov saad Kennedy Hewett (maybe)

Plus delisting the 3 key injury prones

And maybe 1-2 role players

There should be enough flexibility in that group to clear some cap space and generate some 1st/2nd round picks.

I think this is the year to have a close hard and honest look at the list to:

1. Balance the list out, and
2. Bring some pace into the side.

I see this as a bit of a must for us to move forward and have a genuine chance at a flag.

Ideally we bring some better credentialed assistant coaches or a mentor to help with in game decision making.

I dont really see Hewett or Kennedy having much trade value or be on big enough $$$$ to gain much by pushing them out, they up until now are both pretty durable, so id be focusing on contracts that are restricting us or players who might hold more value.

The Williams contract is still hurting us, going off media reports we are paying $850,000-$900,000 for a player who barely plays and is now in his third position at the club to save his career.

This money would free up the cap and allow us to chase some players of need.

I've given up on Young. I keep thinking he's a valuable list player as he can fill so many roles but then he plays and is no better than a witches hat. Depending upon money but I'd seriously look at paying him out

Be interesting to hear what our Coaches/LM group think about Jack playing KPD or Lemmey or O'Keefe? If they think one can then it changes the whole conversation

Will we keep Sam Durdin, Will we Kemp in defence, what will Cowan's role be?

A lot of variables but I would love to know what they think
Lemmey won't get a better shot than in the next 12 months. There is a position there for the taking, which he has the attributes to fill. A big preseason - not just physically, but also learning the role - and it could be a turning point for his career and a huge addition to the side.

Rhys Jones first season was 1985. He was the Swans best player. It was a big signing. Rhys-Jones is exactly the type we lack in the current side. He would be better in today's football than in the era he played
DR-J had the talent and style to play today but i wonder if he'd have been able to get a game in between suspension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to repurpose either TDK or HOK as a key key defender. I think both have the mobility and tenacity to play the role.

Much easier to find a replacement ruck. Would be looking at someone like Liam Reidy from freo. Stuck behind two good rucks, and can genuinely play. Allows Kemp to go forward and become the genuine third tall fwd that we need.

Would love to repurpose either TDK or HOK as a key key defender. I think both have the mobility and tenacity to play the role.

Much easier to find a replacement ruck. Would be looking at someone like Liam Reidy from freo. Stuck behind two good rucks, and can genuinely play. Allows Kemp to go forward and become the genuine third tall fwd that we need.
Thinking outside the box ... definitely worth exploring in my opinion

I dont really see Hewett or Kennedy having much trade value or be on big enough $$$$ to gain much by pushing them out, they up until now are both pretty durable, so id be focusing on contracts that are restricting us or players who might hold more value.

The Williams contract is still hurting us, going off media reports we are paying $850,000-$900,000 for a player who barely plays and is now in his third position at the club to save his career.

This money would free up the cap and allow us to chase some players of need.
Exactly right. We are very lucky with these guys (and Acres) who are giving us great service and loyalty considering player contractual demands these days. I hope we can Jag a Flag to reward these guys for their efforts.

Why no interest in Jake Stringer or even Taylor Walker?

I know Stringer would slot in easily, I’m not as sure about Walker as a third tall but i think it’s worth discussing. No idea what type of deal Stringer wants, $$$$ or what he would cost, but Walker would be free and wouldn’t cost much.

Before anyone shoots down the idea of Stringer, he’s a third tall type forward/half forward who averages 1.74 goals a game, over a long career.

Just checked, both are free agents.

banning super mario GIF

Something special about seeing a Silvagni at FB. Based on rumours/talk so far

B: Boyd Silvagni McGovern
HB: Bergman Weitering Docherty
C: Acres Cripps Wilson
HF: Elijah McKay Ryan
F: Motlop Curnow Lukosius
Foll: TDK Cerra Walsh
Int: Cowan Saad Williams Haynes (Hollands)
E: Kemp Newman O’Keefe Hewett

Doesn’t take much to make us look good on paper 😎

Much easier to find a replacement ruck.
HOK maybe, but TDK as a KPD would be an absolute waste. He is a generational talent and a offers lot more around the ground than most Rucks. Really don't get your comment on Rucks being much easier to find. Especially mobile/agile rucks like TDK & Luke Jackson and the like.

I imagine there enough KPP coming through, and potentially 'struggling' forwards, that can fill a KPD role.

Why no interest in Jake Stringer or even Taylor Walker?

I know Stringer would slot in easily, I’m not as sure about Walker as a third tall but i think it’s worth discussing. No idea what type of deal Stringer wants, $$$$ or what he would cost, but Walker would be free and wouldn’t cost much.

Before anyone shoots down the idea of Stringer, he’s a third tall type forward/half forward who averages 1.74 goals a game, over a long career.

Just checked, both are free agents.
I'm calling Walker to go to Port if Adelaide dont give him another contract.
Charlie Dixon's body is about stuffed and TW would help them out for another couple of years until Georgiades & Marshall are reliable enough.

I'd seriously consider Stringer as a rotating burst Fwd/Mid, who can be rested, on 1 -year contracts only.

HOK maybe, but TDK as a KPD would be an absolute waste. He is a generational talent and a offers lot more around the ground than most Rucks. Really don't get your comment on Rucks being much easier to find. Especially mobile/agile rucks like TDK & Luke Jackson and the like.

I imagine there enough KPP coming through, and potentially 'struggling' forwards, that can fill a KPD role.

I wouldn't use either as backmen, nor Jsos who would be athletically challenged to play that role

But this thread is more like fantasy footy

When we talk of first round picks, we need to clarify where? Pick 8, 14, 18? It makes a huge difference to the equation, we currently have pick 11 and id still suggest wed need to use our next years 1st as well, with something coming back.

I thought i read you suggested our 1st rounder plus Moir and then a pick we get for Owies, if our pick this years stays where it is, its not a bad deal for them if they like Moir.

I probably should expand on my suggested list management calls because the whole
Picture is important.

I’d do the following:
  • Delist Marchbank, Cuningham, Martin and S Durdin.
  • Trade out Owies to Fremantle for their 2024 R2DP.
  • Trade out Carroll to West Coast for their 2024 R4DP.
  • Trade out Pittonet to Adelaide for their 2024 R2DP.
  • Pick swap R2DP from Adelaide (received for Pittonet) for 2 x R3DP from Richmond.
  • Trade in Rachele for 2024 R1DP, R2DP (received for Owies) and Moir.
  • Trade in J McGovern for our 2025 R2DP.
  • Trade in Nick Haynes for our 2024 4RDP.
  • Trade in Lachlan McAndrews for our 2024 4RDP.
  • Upgrade Boyd to the main list.
  • Draft O’Farrell using our R2DP.
  • Draft B Camporeale using 2 x R3DP (via Richmond pick swap) and 1 x R4DP from West Coast (via Carroll trade) and our 4RDP.
  • Draft L Camporeale and one other in the Rookie draft.

IMO this balances our squad:
- Weitering, J McGovern, O’Farrell and Young as tall backs.
- M McGovern, Haynes and Akeui as third defender/interceptor who in an emergency only could play as second tall defender.
- Rachele is the explosive midfielder cum goalkicking small forward we currently don’t really have and really need (unless you count Cuningham).
- a repurposed Kemp and returning SOS can via for the medium forward role so we don’t have to rely on Martin anymore.
- maintain 4 rucks albeit without a standout backup acknowledging it’s going to be hard to have good backup when we have a clear No.1 in TDK.
- Campo twins to give us some depth in midfield and half back.
- Young can be retained as he essentially provides break glass depth for key forward, key back and ruck. Same reasoning for keeping Akeui who is starting to show something resembling promise.

This lets us keep the core top 10-12 players and our 2025 R1DP and we end up with a top 35 in 2025 as follows:

Best 22
Mitch/Weitering/Saad
Newman/Jeremy/Cowan
Docherty/Cripps/Acres
Elijah/Harry/Rachele
Fogarty/Charlie/Sos
Tdk/Hewett/Walsh
Cerra/Kennedy/Boyd/Williams

Best of the rest:
Kemp, Ollie, Motlop, Wilson, Binns, C Durdin, Lord, Cincotta, Haynes, Cottrell, McAndrews, Young and Fantasia

Grundy
Cameron
Meek
Sweet
Soldo
Stanley
Goldstien
Witts
Nankervis

All traded for very little, none on exorbitant wages to come across.

There’s really very few options out there for decent kpd that are realistic targets.

Agree he offers a lot around the ground, but imo, as a whole, moving him (or HOk) to CHB and bringing in a ruck improves us more than just bringing in the likes of a Haynes. I’ll caveat this by saying, unless we can land a genuine, decent CHB. I just don’t see one out there that’s gettable.

I wouldn't use either as backmen, nor Jsos who would be athletically challenged to play that role

But this thread is more like fantasy footy
Well, you might be right, but no harm in keeping an open mind on positional changes.
If I remember correctly, when Liam Jones was not working out for us as a forward, there were more than a few negative comments for various reasons in trying him down back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back