List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe when the ball bounces for season 25 and we play a few games then we might see who we really need ,what we should've done or who surprises.

I'm ambivalent on bringing in B Graders or less after the flag but we got a bit lucky tbh even getting there and we're not gong to stay there unless we have the right structure to win enough games

I'm sure we're getting the best we can of whoever's available.

If we're going for Day it seems there isn't much faith in Ryan.

I dunno, maybe Day will be ok, he at least has the capacity to contest high balls when he's fit. And probably a better ruck than Joe but not so hot on the clearances.

It's about insurance, one KPF/2nd ruck replaced by another. Without that we are short or options in the event of an injury. Look no further then KPD this year Payne, Doedee, Gardiner all injured leaving Joyce as only available. Three KPF injuries and we literally have no one left.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ok cool but do you realistically believe Day is the Answer personally I'd like to give Ryan more of a chance than a one off game against Hawthorn who have one of the best defenses going around
Better answer than Stringer...

Maybe when the all bounces for season 25 and we play a few games then we might see who we really need ,what we should've done or who surprises.

I'm ambivalent on bringing in B Graders or less after the flag but we got a bit lucky tbh even getting there and we're not gong to stay there unless we have the right structure to win enough games

I'm sure we're getting the best we can of whoever's available.
ARE we though or are we just getting a stopgap people are giving a realistic chance of Day kicking 40 in a season when he's never kicked more than 19 in a good season

If you had to choose:
1. Day
2. Fullarton
3. Schache
Thanks, that's definitely clarified that I would take #1 and not piss on either of the other two if they were on fire (metaphorically speaking).

It really is a rare decision by Joe to retire arguably at the peak of his career, only 30 years of age and could have had another 2-3 seasons at least in him.

There probably are other examples but has a player just pulling the pin while in peak form and uninjured happened before in the AFL?

">#Joe :hearts:
I can't think of any in the AFL off the top of my head, but Antonio Brown in the NFL had an all time classic. Vontae Davis also retired literally at half time of a game as well.

After a quick Google, apparently Leon Davis fits the bill? AA year at age 30, retired because he wanted to move back to Perth.

Imagine if they were your 3 talls in the forward line
I'd be asking my mates if they were Doctor Who and they'd taken me back to the 2017 Brisbane Lions just to be an arseh*le.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bud, I am a huge Morris fan but I am also capable of understanding a 20 year old having to be the #1 key forward in a team vying for a premiership is a ****ing stupid idea.
Win a premiership and everyone is an out and out A grader….

Morris might become one but he’s a second year forward who was subbed out half his games.

Tell me it’s the off season without telling me it’s the offseason.

Do we really need a ruck forward the only real reason people are saying that is because Joey was a suitable 2nd ruck also i'd like to see Ryan given more game time over just bringing a Day

D
E
P
T
H

I choose death
Haven't heard about that option before, perhaps I need to do some more research.

for dummies skeleton GIF by jjjjjohn

Collingwood board were saying he was struggling to mark overhead since shoulder op, unsure if correct or not
Think the main concern was couple of concussions he's had. I personally would just go with what we have and try get third academy kid in. Then look at viable options next trade period. Just my opinion.

Do we really need a ruck forward the only real reason people are saying that is because Joey was a suitable 2nd ruck also i'd like to see Ryan given more game time over just bringing a Day
Ryan is less talented than Henry Smith. Both as a ruck and a forward. Just sayin.
Also yes we do need key forward and ruck depth. If someone can do both then even better. O can’t ruck every game by himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back