List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So, whilst all you beautiful propeller heads drool over the trade and draft week - my enjoyment comes from reading what you guys post and having next to no idea what is happening :D I should award a prize for who makes the least sense to me yet ends up being the most accurate crystal ball gazer when the dust settles lol :D

I shall also make this observation.....

10 years ago, we were seemingly shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic during trade/draft week.

Now, we are deciding which suite of rooms we want on the Icon of the Seas.

#Believe

Damn work getting in the way.

dlanod and irel have covered most of it.

We had to many picks, that we wouldn’t have been able to take to the draft.

Pick 27 will be quite valuable on draft night. Probably more so then than now.

We just won’t know which team will have the picks to trade for it, until the end of the trade period.

Essendon look like a potential suitor if they don’t trade out picks 28 & 31 prior to the Kako bid. They could match Kako and then trade their later picks for pick 27.

St Kilda also have a couple of nga kids that should be later bids. We could look to trade for their pick 47 for 60 & 66 if we get pick 49 for Sharp.

I’d be after a future 3rd round pick for Dev.
So does this mean that Pick 27 will be fairly fluid on the night, depending where Ashcroft & Marshall are bid on? We'll know by the time Pick 27 comes up.

I know the West is a joke publication particularly its infatuation with an 18 year old kid putting him on the front and back page of its paper some 100+ times but here’s another embarrassing example. “Bombshell” you reckon :oops:
"bombshell" when it's legit just West Coast being interested in Dev but haven't committed to getting him from Brisbane yet lol

What sort of left field shenanigans are we upto giving up points

Maybe split the pick so we can send a player and one of the split picks to another club and get a pick back that leaves us with an overall improvement in points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think that pick 27 is to do with how many list spots we are going to take into draft night.

UNLESS we are thinking there may be a chance that we can get another pick in before the Sam Marshall bid? 27 + something to move up the board on draft night to get in front of the Marshall bid?

We might be very keen on a draftee predicted to go in the 17-25 range... key position player.

If north don’t bid on Levi at 2…. I realistically can’t see a bid match until saints at 7.
Carlton will bid with 3 if North doesn't, but North will.

If Levi gets called out say #1 can we still then do a bid swap for #27 and then match.
You expect someone will try to get #27 for cheap if we under a barrel.

I think you have that deal pre-negotiated in advance, with a backup option as well.

If Levi gets called out say #1 can we still then do a bid swap for #27 and then match.
You expect someone will try to get #27 for cheap if we under a barrel.
Yes, we are given time to trade picks in response to any bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back