List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume this comes straight from his manager to drum up interest. Too random a player for this to have been chased by a journalist.

Do you honestly believe any other club would be looking at Dev?

If he wasn’t contracted, he’d be delisted, and maybe picked up in the rookie draft, similar to Keays.

Look at the ladder, and apart from Richmond and West Coast, almost every other club, except Adelaide, have decent to good starting midfields, and the last thing Adelaide need is two Keays. St Kilda’s mids are bad, but Dev is not what they need.

I've never been as big on Dev as most, but I think he could easily find a spot on another club's list. There would be a few clubs who might back themselves in on a guy that might view as underplayed. Not saying that he'd be a best 22 lock at any club, but I think there would be interest. I don't think we'd get anything meaningful for him - a fourth rounder or pick upgrade would be the extent.

hope so my dogs mate keeps telling me they are going after him hard

Doubt Rayner goes unless something has drastically changed, he seems as committed to the club as Fages is committed to him.

Remember I think in 2022 trade period where Rendell on trade radio was going on and on about how Brisbane need to trade Rayner, or there were rumours that Rayner wanted out, etc etc -> and then immediately apologised after an ad break. The inference there was that someone from the club called him off air and told him to cut it out because it was affecting Cam’s mental health.

Yep would not be surprised if Lyons was delisted, I have been to the last 2 reserves game live and Jarryd swayed me a little, he has been outstanding, well above VFL level, could be handy as depth and as an on field coach for our younger mids.

Agree Dev could well see the writing on the wall, particularly with 2 highly rated mids guaranteed to be coming in over this off season... same could also apply to Tunstill. We would not be getting much via trade either, 3rd round selection at the best for fringe players.

Careful, last time we re-signed an average, probably past-it player on a 1 year contract to act as an experienced VFL leader, they became a mainstay in the AFL side

For those claiming Dev is a fourth rounder, Tom Berry showed less and his trade:

Berry moves to Gold Coast along with pick No. 46 and a future second round selection in exchange for pick No. 25, No. 36 and 56.

Chances are someone will dig up something of value if only because they'll back in their talent evaluation and have spare picks worth nothing to them but something to us (at least for this year).

For those claiming Dev is a fourth rounder, Tom Berry showed less and his trade:

Chances are someone will dig up something of value if only because they'll back in their talent evaluation and have spare picks worth nothing to them but something to us (at least for this year).

He's a fourth rounder if traded to any club other than the suns

Bit of talk RE Lyons, and I do genuinely feel for the bloke. Was instrumental in helping us rocket up the ladder in 29/20/21, but can’t fit into the team now. I agree he’s too good for VFL still, but is he better than any of Neale, Dunkley, Berry, McCluggage, Ashcroft? Rayner MAYBE, but even then he can’t offer the versatility/explosiveness that Rayner does at his best.

I wouldn’t hold it against him at all if he looked for a trade, but I don’t know where he’d go tbh. Most of the “bad” teams have midfields full of great young players that they would surely rather invest games in.

Maybe St Kilda? Richmond?

Zurhaar's better than Rayner but not that much better.

Zac needs a clear role and not just the guy who amazes once a quarter every 4 games but mostly can't tackle or break them.

He should have shown a lot more by now. Maybe he'll get there.

Still think Zac absolutely has what it takes to be a star, he just needs to stop doing too much. I genuinely think every real mistake he’s made has been from arrogance/hubris - it’s the hack kicks off the deck (or going for it and missing it) when he could have just picked it up; the failed fend offs instead of disposing the ball; the trying to be too tricky and outrunning/outstepping a player that tackles him anyway.

Cut that stuff out of his game and it’ll be a revelation. His best is phenomenal (see: GF goals), but his worst is atrocious. If he tidies it up then at worst he’s a decent player that can occasionally break open a game like Rayner is for us at the moment.

Bit of talk RE Lyons, and I do genuinely feel for the bloke. Was instrumental in helping us rocket up the ladder in 29/20/21, but can’t fit into the team now. I agree he’s too good for VFL still, but is he better than any of Neale, Dunkley, Berry, McCluggage, Ashcroft? Rayner MAYBE, but even then he can’t offer the versatility/explosiveness that Rayner does at his best.

I wouldn’t hold it against him at all if he looked for a trade, but I don’t know where he’d go tbh. Most of the “bad” teams have midfields full of great young players that they would surely rather invest games in.

Maybe St Kilda? Richmond?

In no world is current JL better than Rayner.

That said … people will remember Bailey getting run down by Viney in the last, against Melbourne, but I’ve watched and rewatched that quarter at least 5 times and Bailey’s physical pressure was huge in some clutch moments. He is not in his best form / most consistent form at the minute, but he’s not far off. Admittedly, he’s never going to be a Dunkley or Lester when it comes to tackling, but it is an area where he can still develop. The issue with Bailey is that he is not a midfielder and is exposed when playing in the middle. He is an absolute natural on the half forward flank and should play his career there.

Agreed, we need to park him on a half forward flank and let him have free rein; similar to Toby Greene at his best for the giants.

The thing to really like about Lohman is that he has that bit of swagger and unpredictability that good players have.

I understand why SM says that he's not sold on him yet but he's just got that attitude where you know he'll probably make it.

I listen to a podcast with Xav Ellis, and he talks a bit about “headless chook” type players. Lohmann is absolutely that type of player, and something we’ve probably missed for a while. Even when he’s having a bad game you can’t say he’s not giving 110%. No coincidence our form started turning around when he came in; that sort of energy is infectious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume this comes straight from his manager to drum up interest. Too random a player for this to have been chased by a journalist.
Wouldn't surprise me. If he stayed on this season and isn't getting senior games, his manager would start drumming up interest in him in WA.

Lester due to reach the double ton away to St Kilda.
I wonder if the club will manage him for a game to have the milestone at home :p
They better not. I’m planning a pitch invasion. I’m expecting something like this.
The last one I organised was also against St.Kilda.

They better not. I’m planning a pitch invasion. I’m expecting something like this.
The last one I organised was also against St.Kilda.

3KZ if our payoff for the Lester posting over the years is you pitch invading the game with some kind of Lester army sign then I will be able to sleep easy at night knowing it was all worth it.

3KZ if our payoff for the Lester posting over the years is you pitch invading the game with some kind of Lester army sign then I will be able to sleep easy at night knowing it was all worth it.
I will be there in the right forward pocket, city end, with my LESTER ARMY sign. Every time he touches it, the LESTER ARMY GOES NUTS! In between times we get the slow chant going - “LESTER, LESTER, LESTER …”

I will be there in the right forward pocket, city end, with my LESTER ARMY sign. Every time he touches it, the LESTER ARMY GOES NUTS! In between times we get the slow chant going - “LESTER, LESTER, LESTER …”

I feel like we have immediately backtracked on the pitch invading promise which makes me question your Lester supporting bona fides. This is a troubling development.

I normally like to sit up on level 3 at Marvel, but I'll join you in the pocket for LESTER ARMY for his 200

I normally like to sit up on level 3 at Marvel, but I'll join you in the pocket for LESTER ARMY for his 200
We can go Level 3 Aisle 12. That’s a good spot. If we are in the forward pocket though, Lester will know we are there for him.

I feel like we have immediately backtracked on the pitch invading promise which makes me question your Lester supporting bona fides. This is a troubling development.
IT WILL HAPPEN!

We can go Level 3 Aisle 12. That’s a good spot. If we are in the forward pocket though, Lester will know we are there for him.
I've been moving around to 14 and further round the wing recently. But agree that 12 is one of the better spots.

Too often been sitting near too many opposition supporters though. Been considering going down to level 1 to get more Lions love around me. For Lester, its a definite hype game (what's his goal song?)

I've been moving around to 14 and further round the wing recently. But agree that 12 is one of the better spots.

Too often been sitting near too many opposition supporters though. Been considering going down to level 1 to get more Lions love around me. For Lester, its a definite hype game (what's his goal song?)
Good question!

Back