List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Won’t happen ! Nothing to offer the demons at all and doubt he favours us after Melbourne teams pies and blues who will be in same boat as us. Who knows if the poor bugger will be the same player after such a horrific accident , dusty is a classic example

Stick with the new kids on the way

Does Nobes and his family still live in QLD?
Nobes still at Dick Johnson Racing who operate out of Yatala. My memory had him living at Tamborine, so yeah, closer to Carrara, but not so far away from Springfield.

I know a few posters are just throwing his name out there as a player the Demons would be interested in and not stating they would actually trade him but there is no chance in hell I’d trade Wilmot for Petracca.

Wilmot is going to be an absolute star.
Are any players of any standing going to want to go to Melbourne if a player like Petracca wants out?

Are any players of any standing going to want to go to Melbourne if a player like Petracca wants out?

Taranto and Hopper might consider it. They totally got wrongfooted by Dimma - oh look at us the mighty tigers we are going for the next premiership !! join us on the big bucks multi-year deal !! nek minnit I'm outta here burnout sorry boys...

Oh hang on I'm ready/recharged to go again after a 6 month break. Got ya suckers !

This is a bit of a left field idea, and I don't expect most people to agree. If the following are all true:
  1. We can't count on Payne to stay fit
  2. Finding another good mature KPD is difficult
  3. Our biggest hindrance right now is poor goalkicking
Then, could we be better off sending Hipwood to defence full-time and signing a player who is a very accurate kick for goal? I'm aware Gardiner will return and be able to cover for Payne, but I don't know if he's a premiership quality KPD, especially coming back from an ACL. And we really, really need someone who won't miss easy goals from 20m out, directly in front. It's killing us.

As to who is a very accurate kick, there have already been whispers that we're into Darcy Fogarty (OOC 2025), who has kicked 41.16 this year. A cheaper option would be Tim Membrey (UFA 2024), who has kicked 28.9 this season. Or if we're willing to take a flier on someone in the VFL (should the list spots be available), Liam McMahon from Carlton's VFL team is 198cm, 22 years old and has kicked 43.13 this season (including 7.0 against Geelong last week).

For comparison, Joe has kicked 49.42, Charlie 34.25, Hipwood 29.19, Rayner 25.17 and Kai 24.23 so far this year.
Would Jack Lukosius be worth considering? He been encourage to look around by Gold Coast. High draft pick in his year, 24 years old, 195 cm, genuine swing man that Brisbane doesn’t really have, and good recent history of accurate goal kicking. Although he is from S.A., I bet he owns a house in QLD, and would have built some sort of lifestyle on the coast.

Would Jack Lukosius be worth considering? He been encourage to look around by Gold Coast. High draft pick in his year, 24 years old, 195 cm, genuine swing man that Brisbane doesn’t really have, and good recent history of accurate goal kicking. Although he is from S.A., I bet he owns a house in QLD, and would have built some sort of lifestyle on the coast.
How many talls can we have in the one forward line? There's already Joe, Hippy and Morris. My earlier post was based on the idea of Hippy being moved out of the forward line. I've realised by looking at stats that Hippy isn't really the problem in the end, Joe and Charlie are, but they're not going anywhere.

I'd also say Luko is a better field kick than he is kicking for goal. I feel like his ideal position is as a winger delivering inside 50. But according to the Suns board, he doesn't want to play that position, he wants to be a KPF.

I’d be surprised if so. Would have to be one of the least attractive propositions for opposition players to join atm.
There might be a few interstate players who are desperate to get to a Melbourne club. But at the moment it would be a really tough sell over any other option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would hate to see him at either Collingwood or Carlton. But I don't see how we could get him here.

I read his interview about his injury that included broken ribs, ruptured spleen and punctured lung. Apparently his wife was called at 3am or something saying he may not make it.

It was a massive shock and he is re-evaluating his life. And there was subsequent fallout with his club and teammates.

Will move if it can get done, but not get out at any cost.

Don't want to lose what it would take. .

Last edited:
I know only turning 29 early next year but his age and his horrific injury would have me ultra cautious about us even being interested.

Not coming back physically. But mentally could be a massive problem.

Tell you who I wouldn't mind grabbing, Kyle Langford. Though maybe he'd make the forward line too tall?

Taranto and Hopper might consider it. They totally got wrongfooted by Dimma - oh look at us the mighty tigers we are going for the next premiership !! join us on the big bucks multi-year deal !! nek minnit I'm outta here burnout sorry boys...

Oh hang on I'm ready/recharged to go again after a 6 month break. Got ya suckers !

Can't believe some of the rubbish on this over the past week or so (in the media).

I'll preface this by saying I can't stand how "going home" is such an accepted reason come trade time for players to move (as it always puts the northern clubs at a disadvantage) - I'll put that to one side.

Blind Freddy could see that Richmond were about to hit the proverbial cliff, regardless of Hardwick's circumstances or not. It's no difference to a majority of clubs who've won multiple premierships - you have to "pay the piper" eventually (but it's worth it at the time!).

Between an aging core, minimal mid-range depth, and no super early draft picks, it was always going to be ugly (and will be for some time yet).

Surely they, and their managers, could see that?

No sympathy.

We can't afford Petricca money wise, a draft capital issue, list spots and a big question mark over how he overcomes that brutal injury.
Of course, if you really want a player, you can get it done, but it most likely comes back to haunt you in the future.

Only two players to consider this year to resign Lester and probably Joyce.
But during next year we have to look at these players in no particular order.
Lohmann, Morris, Rayner, Andrews, Starcevich, Zorko, Reville.

I was not keen on Doedee last year due to ACL injuries and then when it was done the 4-year contract length.

I know only turning 29 early next year but his age and his horrific injury would have me ultra cautious about us even being interested.
Agreed - the injury was horrific and life-threatening. How on earth does he ever stand under a high ball again and not risk his life and well-being. It wasn't his brain injured but I wouldn't be surprised if he is never the player he once was.

Tell you who I wouldn't mind grabbing, Kyle Langford. Though maybe he'd make the forward line too tall?
Essendon are too difficult to negotiate with. They would ask way too much for him. Besides that, I doubt if he would be available.

In terms of trades, everyone will have an opinion, with some being hard to read. This will probably be one because it's hard to write also.

Bailey. How much upside has he got left? I'm concerned that he has stalled with his progress. Has he maximised his potential? Sure he has some great moments in his highlight package, but these a fleeting and less frequent than a few years ago. His speed would be hard to replace, but his consistence would be less difficult. I'm sure he would be valuable in the trade.

AhChee. I could not believe what I saw on Saturday against Essendon. Watch the 1st quarter replay in particular. He delivered no running or chasing pressure. Barely out of a jog when opponents were rebounding within 5 metres of him. Compare this to Charlie or Kai. Again, he would be looked at by other clubs if he was available.

Fletcher. I'm not suggesting a trade, but he needs to add an extra 10% to his game so that he doesn't become a fringe player when all the injured plays are fit next year. He is definitely a smooth mover, but looks to cruise at times. I do believe he has considerable improvement.

With Levi coming in next year, and probably starting in a half forward role with some mid field time, the pressure should be on Bailey and AhChee.

Our team is already so close to winning the flag, is Petracca going to solve our two way running and goal kicking accuracy issues? We are getting LAshcroft and Marshall already, is he worth us potentially causing disharmony in the playing group by asking some of them if they want to leave given potentially, our next premiership side is already at the club?
I'm with you.
One of our strengths (and perhaps a weakness) is we haven't pushed anyone out to get someone in. I'm sure the time will come that players want to leave, and those are the players we should use for list turnover.
Any players who is concerned about their instagram following more than the team isn't for us.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back