List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Every AFL club’s list chasms — and the draftees who can fill them this off-season

BRISBANE
Draft picks:
14, 52, 68

List chasm: It’s pretty tough to pick any holes in Brisbane’s list as it stands. Their key defensive depth has been tested this season, but co-captain Harris Andrews is classy, Jack Payne is developing nicely and Darragh Joyce and Tom Doedee (who will return from an ACL) are also there. If we’re casting an eye to the future, they might target a half-back at the draft. Daniel Rich retired last year and Dayne Zorko probably only has a year or two left, but they will get Keidean Coleman back next season. Don’t read too much into their draft hand this year, the Lions are set to cash in on two academy stars once again, so the points will be swallowed up.

Ideal draft prospects: There’s another Ashcroft about to make his mark on the big stage. Levi Ashcroft is set to join brother Will at the Lions next season, continuing on the legacy of their father Marcus. If you think Will has been an outstanding acquisition for the Lions, wait until you see Levi. Levi Ashcroft has had an incredibly consistent campaign this year, excelling for the Sandringham Dragons, Vic Metro and the AFL Academy. He’s a two-time All-Australian already, having averaged 25.5 disposals, 3.5 inside 50s and 3.2 clearances this season in the National Championships. The Dragons skipper is aiming to become the first player ever to win three consecutive Coates Talent League premierships when he leads Sandy in this season’s finals series. Ashcroft played a VFL match for the Lions recently, amassing 35 disposals, eight marks, five tackles and a goal. The Lions have access to Ashcroft’s Dragons teammate Sam Marshall as well, who is a member of their Academy. Marshall is a prolific ball magnet who is also a good decision-maker and user. He averaged 27 disposals, 5.5 marks, 4.0 clearances and 123.2 ranking points in the National Championships. As for half-back options in the latter part of the draft, Geelong Falcon Lachie Jaques was named half-back in the All-Australian team from the National Championships and has a great ability to read the play and use the footy. He averaged 16.2 disposals at 78.5% efficiency for Vic Country.

Contracted until 2027. What draft pick would we be able to use for it, bearing in mind with no current second round pick we badly need to trade our first this year for points?
I'd trade Bailey for him. Can't stand Bailey's overestimation of his own abilities.

I'd trade Bailey for him. Can't stand Bailey's overestimation of his own abilities.

I love the ‘I hate this player on my team, he’s crap… but someone else will value him and we’ll get something good in return’ confidence.

There’s no role for Langford long term and he’d just impair Morris’ development opportunity.

I'd be concerned if one of the coaches didn't take him aside in the off season and attempt to work on his awareness/get him to use different methods of evasion (aside from using brute strength which he doesn't have the build for).

I love the ‘I hate this player on my team, he’s crap… but someone else will value him and we’ll get something good in return’ confidence.
Why, are you suggesting we won't get anything significant for him? I don't recall saying Bailey was crap either, just that he overestimates his own abilities. He's talented but selfish. Please don't misquote me.

There’s no role for Langford long term and he’d just impair Morris’ development opportunity.
Long term isn't the issue, Langford is 28 next season. Morris is a fair point though. I wonder if there's a way they can coexist. If not, then it isn't worth it.

Why, are you suggesting we won't get anything significant for him? I don't recall saying Bailey was crap either, just that he overestimates his own abilities. He's talented but selfish. Please don't misquote me.

Long term isn't the issue, Langford is 28 next season. Morris is a fair point though. I wonder if there's a way they can coexist. If not, then it isn't worth it.

I think we have other plans for our key forwards post-Joe, and will target someone a bit younger from 2026 onwards. So while Langford could play for another 3-4 years, the timeline doesn’t make sense.

I think we have other plans for our key forwards post-Joe, and will target someone a bit younger from 2026 onwards. So while Langford could play for another 3-4 years, the timeline doesn’t make sense.
Did I hear that Max King had signed an extension recently or was I hearing things?
If he did, that makes me happy because I wasn’t real keen on him.

Surely we wouldn't look at another Cat noting there is no link between the Lions and him:

AT TO LEAVE... BUT NEW HOME UNCERTAIN

Geelong onballer Brandan Parfitt is expected to leave the Cattery at season’s end, but whether he locates a new home isn’t certain.

The 26-year-old has played 130 games since debuting in 2017 and was a part of Geelong’s 2022 premiership after being called up late for an injured Max Holmes, and he is eligible for unrestricted free agency this year. Parfitt has managed just nine senior games in each of the past two seasons and reportedly doesn’t have a contract offer on the table from the Cats.

However, while a departure seems imminent, a destination for Parfitt is less clear. “He looked for a new home,” Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph told Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle on Tuesday night, before reeling off a couple of potential landing spots.

“Melbourne wants to bring in experienced midfielders, West Coast is open to free agents like him and Jack Graham. “He (is looking) for options right now ... He looked for a new home, (but) whether he finds one is another thing altogether.”

The NT Thunder product has played nine VFL games this year for averages of 26.4 disposals, 2.2 marks and 4.7 tackles.

I'm still looking at Oscar Allen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been a bit unimpressed this year - obviously a terrible situation and they’ve focused on targeting watermann inside 50.

I’d want to see what he looks like next year.
Coming off injury so no pre-season and appeared unfit.

I think we could get quite a bit, but then I think he’s good and worth persisting with.
Then why would you characterise my views as being "I hate this player on my team, he’s crap… but someone else will value him and we’ll get something good in return" when it's clear I don't think he's crap and you do think someone else will value him and we'll get something good in return? I'm struggling to see the point there other than you talking down to me.

Then why would you characterise my views as being "I hate this player on my team, he’s crap… but someone else will value him and we’ll get something good in return" when it's clear I don't think he's crap and you do think someone else will value him and we'll get something good in return? I'm struggling to see the point there other than you talking down to me.

Because you’ve posted quite a few times about trading Bailey, I assumed that you didn’t rate him highly - or reckoned he wasn’t worth retaining. Trading a player who is signed up for 2 more seasons is actually quite a disruptive thing to do.

Also because it was funny and it’s a light-hearted footy forum. If you are displeased by my characterisation of your views, then fair enough but feel free to ignore me.

Inside Trading

BRISBANE is locked in talks to extend first-year forward Logan Morris for another couple of seasons, after the teenager burst onto the scene this season.
Last year's No.31 pick earned an initial two-year contract at Brisbane, though the club has opened talks to activate a third-year extension and potentially even tack on a fourth season to his deal.
Morris' manager Tim Hazell from Vivid Sports said negotiations with Lions list boss Dom Ambrogio were now underway.
"Outside of the top 20, it's an activation for a third (year in a draftee's contract). There's no negotiating, it's just what the top 20 get and it gets passed on to those players," Hazell said.
"We're having some conversations with Dom about potentially activating the third year and then looking at a fourth. We'll keep that conversation going over the next couple of weeks.
"It's been a huge year for Logan. I saw him the other day and we were reflecting on the season so far. He's playing that third tall role. It's been really exciting. Having Eric Hipwood and big Joe Daniher there has just given him licence to roam. He can go up, he can go down and he's really excited for the next couple of weeks.
"I know a lot of the senior boys have been getting around him. Every first-year player goes through some ups and downs and he's just riding a nice up at the moment." – Riley Beveridge

Bailey's a bit of a conundrum , one of those players who you're high fiving when he's on song and tearing your hair out when he's not going so hot.

I believe he hasn't been the same since his mid season injury but looked to be coming into form last week.

I wouldn't be trading him at his age unless someone made an offer we couldn't refuse and he was happy to go.

He's a cream on the top sort of player and this hasn't been the year where that's been a priority.

Would Jack Lukosius be worth considering? He been encourage to look around by Gold Coast. High draft pick in his year, 24 years old, 195 cm, genuine swing man that Brisbane doesn’t really have, and good recent history of accurate goal kicking. Although he is from S.A., I bet he owns a house in QLD, and would have built some sort of lifestyle on the coast.
Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but last I heard, Lukosius stall hadn't bought a house and lived with King, at Kings house.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back