List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone know how many one year contracts in a row?
There was a two year extension in there, so not that many. That extension didn't go well - the first year of that extension was the year he got moved on to the rookie list in preparation for delisting.

100%. Running towards our forward line in the last week's VFL under minimal pressure he totally miskicked a pass that almost scrubbed along the ground at a 45 degree angle. Just like shorter people, there are just aren't many places available on an AFL field for poor kicks.
Unless you are one of our key position forwards taking a set shot twenty metres out directly in front or on a slight angle … 😭

Word on the Eagles board is that their club still wants Dev. Most Eagles BigFooty posters aren’t keen on him.

Hope Dev's being guided properly this time around and he takes it if there is a chance out there.

It's brave to back yourself finding a permanent 22 spot in a finals team, but based on this year his ability to survive in an AFL list will become a bigger question if he hangs around with us.

Dev Robertson is a natural footballer and the offers for him will come. He should take them. He is 23 years old, has finals experience, fit and strong and he would be a perfect fit at either Perth club. He will have a great career in WA.

Regarding Dev.
If he gets an opportunity at another club his manager should try and make that happen.
I think the Lions will be okay with his decision and let him go.
I would be happy if he stays as depth or leaves for possibly better opportunities.

Being under contract we might get a bit more for him in draft picks, but it won't be much.
Maybe third round. That will give us a few points this year that we will miss out on the following year when things change.
Frees up a list spot which will help.
Might enable us to take an academy player or someone else late in the draft if the club think they are worth a shot.

Dev has played just two AFL games this year.
R1 - Loss to Dockers, full game and 6 disposals.
R3 - Loss to Pies, subbed off in 4th quarter, had 10 disposals

Just 8 players remaining who are uncontracted after 2024 now.
  • Beeken (depends on Robertson / Tunstill)
  • Craven (depends on Robertson / Tunstill)
  • Joyce (probably stay)
  • Lane (gone)
  • Lyons (gone)
  • Madden (gone)
  • Michael (gone)
  • Prior (gone)

You would imagine most of these blokes are gone, we have too much of a list squeeze. We have these to come in:
Gardiner
McCarthy
Doedee
Coleman
LAshcroft
Marshall
+1 or +2 academy talls

So I would imagine other than Joyce, everyone else on that list is pretty much gone with Beeken dependent on how many draftees we get and whether we lost one or two in trades.

So I would imagine other than Joyce, everyone else on that list is pretty much gone with Beeken dependent on how many draftees we get and whether we lost one or two in trades.
Don't think we'll cut that deep tbh, especially if Dev/others seek trades. Beeken/Craven are still 50/50 for me. Lane/Michael/Madden are gone. Lyons will retire, seek a trade, or be on the rookie list [seems weird to help the W program if you're going to be leaving the club in the off-season]. Joyce/Prior will get 1 year extensions.

Don't think we'll cut that deep tbh, especially if Dev/others seek trades. Beeken/Craven are still 50/50 for me. Lane/Michael/Madden are gone. Lyons will retire, seek a trade, or be on the rookie list [seems weird to help the W program if you're going to be leaving the club in the off-season]. Joyce/Prior will get 1 year extensions.
I'd be very surprised if we cut Beeken.

Joyce did a job for us with a fractured jaw so no way would we cut him given our KPD stocks. I think the others you mention are gone.

What would our thinking be with Rosas - a future replacement for Charlie...seems a bit pre-mature perhaps?
My brother is into footy up in Darwin, been around the clubs a long time and Rosas is rated highly, he reckons he is a 'good kid', seems he has work to do on defence and tackling from what most observers seem to say. We turned Ahh Chee into a versatile player that is vital in our team now to plug anyhow at any time during the game. Seems Rosas might just be on the market at the wrong time for us with points needed for the draft, not sure how we could get him in as a 'project' rather than a desperate need.

Lyons has said he wants to coach, playing with the AFLW is at least having a little look. he has a great resume now as an assistant coach somewhere.

Dev Robertson is a natural footballer and the offers for him will come. He should take them. He is 23 years old, has finals experience, fit and strong and he would be a perfect fit at either Perth club. He will have a great career in WA.
Dev had 35 disposals in the two’s today. Lyons 39 disposals. Dev will get picked up and move on. Lyons is a ‘smokey’ for a one year deal at another club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gettable: Multiple clubs are interested in Brisbane's Pick 14 in the draft - Richmond leading the race for it.
As long as we get more points being 1161, so to the highest bidder.
Hopefully it drops to pick 18 and we will all be verry happy.

Gettable also mentioned that he has interest in returning to Queensland. Even if he does go to Brisbane, I can't see him being much else other than depth and a VFL player.
They mentioned on one of the shows that Martin’s already done a medical with Freo so hopefully he winds up there.

Hope Dev's being guided properly this time around and he takes it if there is a chance out there.

It's brave to back yourself finding a permanent 22 spot in a finals team, but based on this year his ability to survive in an AFL list will become a bigger question if he hangs around with us.
I don't doubt Dev. was guided properly last time. He played all except 2 games from round-13 onwards in 2023 including all finals. I think he was right to challenge/back himself to chase a best 22 spot in 2024. He had an interrupted pre-season with 2 surgeries on his wrist.

I'm with you though, it's probably in his best interest to look elsewhere. There's no reason he can't have a good career, but he's not likely to get opportunities next season unless we lose midfield players to injury. I'd be happy if he stayed on though!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back