List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know if the Lions are referenced in this article?

CARLTON

Jack Martin requested Carlton to delist him this week to keep his options wide open amid strong interest from Fremantle and inquiries from both Queensland-based clubs.

Carlton had told the injury-prone forward it was keen to keep him on their list until the trade period before making a decision on the 29-year-old and 33-goal small forward Matt Owies.

But instead Martin and his management have enough interest to make clear it was time for the Blues to cut ties with the half-forward, who broke down in two of his three AFL games this year.

The Blues were happy to eventually delist him along with veterans Caleb Marchbank and David Cuningham plus ruckman Alex Mirkov and defender Dom Akuei.

Martin has had a medical at Fremantle and as an unrestricted free agent it is much easier for him to find his club of choice instead of waiting for the Blues to trade him for a late pick.

Victorian clubs are also interested given at his best he is a hard-tackling silky forward despite averaging only 13 games a season.

Martin was never able to find his best at Carlton despite a five-year deal that paid him $650,000 a season but his rare talent means there are suitors.

Clubs have promised him they would go to the ends of the earth to assess his soft-tissue concerns and find remedies.

Martin started as a brilliant mid-forward on the Gold Coast and while he expressed some desire to return to Queensland it will be harder for the Suns or Brisbane to find a spot for him.

Fremantle shapes as a natural home for a player born in Broome, who moved to Geraldton at 12 years of age.

CARLTON

Jack Martin requested Carlton to delist him this week to keep his options wide open amid strong interest from Fremantle and inquiries from both Queensland-based clubs.

Martin started as a brilliant mid-forward on the Gold Coast and while he expressed some desire to return to Queensland it will be harder for the Suns or Brisbane to find a spot for him.

CARLTON

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

I'd rather have Gallop. If Himmelberg hasn't shown starting quality for a worse team by age 26, we don't need him.

Gallop looks excellent in the VFL

NB made an interesting suggestion in the VFL thread. ‘Move Prior on to the ball”. Never considered it myself before, but with Lyon leaving and some uncertainty around Dev, we will be a bit small and light around the ball next year in the VFL. I like Prior but iMHO he is too short for a kpd and not agile enough to be a small defender in the AFL. Maybe playing him on the ball in the VFL next year might open up a career opportunity at AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tell you one thing; loved the look of Ty Gallop in the VFL on the weekend.

Can't help but think Gallop rose up the draft order of a few club's, but I do hope we can find a way to draft him, along with Levi and Marshall obviously.
I have been raving on about Ty Gallop since I saw some highlights a month or so ago, love his aggression and appetite for a contest.

I thought his last month or 2 was promising. Got to the level of a solid VFL player IMO

No rush though but hopefully next season the coaches start to feel more comfortable considering him as an option for the seniors

Gonna be a hard backline to crack in to with Diz and Doedee returning. Realistically don’t need to rush him, very much a developmental period for him

Gonna be a hard backline to crack in to with Diz and Doedee returning. Realistically don’t need to rush him, very much a developmental period for him

I mean as opposed to when Joyce was injured and we didn't select him. If the same scenario happens mid way through next season I think he'd be more strongly considered

I really wish we could get linked to Cumings instead of Martin and Matt Taberner

I’d take Taberner as a replacement to Ryan but he’s basically Schache2.0.

I’d take Taberner as a replacement to Ryan but he’s basically Schache2.0.
I thought the same about Taberner if we didn't already have Ryan and clearly would rather Taberner than Ryan, but like you kind of alluding to, we wouldn't carry both.

Get Gallop in and develop him for a year and maybe give him a taste next year if the opportunity prseents.

I am sure he would be a handy VFL forward to acompiny Ryan and Lloyd but do we really need to trade for him

No because he’s been delisted

How do we see Zakostelsky after a year in the system?
Slow start as others have said, solid vfl games by the end of the year, looks to be scope for further improvement.

Torrent on a similar trajectory. Glimpses early in the year, solid by the end of the year. Very interested to see how he goes after another preseason.

Lloyd um, not sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back