List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t be disappointed with us throwing Taberner a rookie lifeline if he were interested.
An injury to Hipwood or Daniher and we are extremely vulnerable down there for mature KP depth. 2 x leading goal kicker, 173 goals, he’s at least someone that can take a mark or consistently make a contest.
It’s highly likely Ryan won’t play another AFL game based on what he has shown so far (if possible I’d be looking to move him onto the Rookie list with a view to an early termination of his contract at the end of next year). If it’s not Taberner, I’d still be looking for someone - Logan has a lot of talent but he’s already exceeded expectations this year and it’s a lot to ask to play as the second tall at 20 should that be needed.

Now down to 7 players OOC at the end of the 2024 season.

Kalin Lane (R)
Jaxon Prior
James Madden
Darragh Joyce (R)
Carter Michael
Luke Beecken (R)
Darcy Craven (R)

Current state of play IMO.

Craven, Michael and Madden almost certain to be delisted, Joyce certain to be retained as KPD depth, Beecken almost certain to get another year as he has shown enough, Lane a likely delisting, Prior is a 50/50.

Robertson, Ryan and Tunstill? See if there are any offers out there.

Zane is destined for a Henry Smith type development trajectory. He is listed as 196cm however he may be taller. He is December born therefore not as developed as some of his contemporaries from his draft year.

Upon arrival it was said that his growth platelets were still in the growth faze therefor he did not train at all. He also, from memory spent some time on the injury list. His time on ground in the early games of his VFL was managed and his time on ground was incrementally increased as the season progressed, and his fitness built. By the end of season Zane began to have greater time on the field. He certainly begun showing improvement. Certainly, his kicking needs work but not being able to fully concentrate on his training and developing his skills will have something to do with that. Now it’s a matter of a few pre-seasons development and biding his time for an opportunity.

Tall defenders with his marking skills, speed and agility do not grow on trees. He has the tools already.

I wouldn’t be disappointed with us throwing Taberner a rookie lifeline if he were interested.
An injury to Hipwood or Daniher and we are extremely vulnerable down there for mature KP depth. 2 x leading goal kicker, 173 goals, he’s at least someone that can take a mark or consistently make a contest.
It’s highly likely Ryan won’t play another AFL game based on what he has shown so far (if possible I’d be looking to move him onto the Rookie list with a view to an early termination of his contract at the end of next year). If it’s not Taberner, I’d still be looking for someone - Logan has a lot of talent but he’s already exceeded expectations this year and it’s a lot to ask to play as the second tall at 20 should that be needed.
1726479529934.png

I wasn’t sure on his injury status, but half banged up he’d still be an upgrade on Ryan. If it’s not Taberner, the need still needs to be addressed IMO.

Not to worry, help is on the way.
Keep believing in this idea, it might actually happen and we'll see him in Lions colors !

1726482216473.png

Zane is destined for a Henry Smith type development trajectory. He is listed as 196cm however he may be taller. He is December born therefore not as developed as some of his contemporaries from his draft year.

Upon arrival it was said that his growth platelets were still in the growth faze therefor he did not train at all. He also, from memory spent some time on the injury list. His time on ground in the early games of his VFL was managed and his time on ground was incrementally increased as the season progressed, and his fitness built. By the end of season Zane began to have greater time on the field. He certainly begun showing improvement. Certainly, his kicking needs work but not being able to fully concentrate on his training and developing his skills will have something to do with that. Now it’s a matter of a few pre-seasons development and biding his time for an opportunity.

Tall defenders with his marking skills, speed and agility do not grow on trees. He has the tools already.
Yeah I'm confident he'll be a bontempellli type mid when neale retires in a few years.

Yeah I'm confident he'll be a bontempellli type mid when neale retires in a few years.

He's key position height though, if he goes midfield it'll be like playing a Conor Nash or Blicavs role.

Rumoured Link to Sam DeKoning on trade radio on SEN today good back up for BigO and another key defender didn’t hear all of it just Gerry G saying something about it hopefully it’s true
Think I would prefer Tom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris Andrews and Brisbane edging closer to a contract extension [OOC 2025] - Gettable

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back