List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can actually see Fort leaving. He has a premiership. He will go back to reserves next year. If someone offered him more money and a starting ruck, if I was in his position I’d take it. Anyone would

Geelong might want him back since Stanley is pretty cooked, and Conway is young and can’t stay healthy.

Port is a chance but Sweet looks good and he will just stay a backup there.

Saints are already after Soldo to pair with Marshall and the trade has been requested.

Those are the main four I could see going after him and him being interested. Everyone else has pretty good standard ruckman or a sufficient pair that don’t need a third. I can’t see it happening.

Let’s agree to disagree I feel Stringer would be a good choice if Joey retired

You have to take into account Daniher 60+ goals is added to those mentioned you can be hopefully they add to those goals Talley it is disappointing it's a year too early for Us to be able to trade 2 years in advance imagine if we could bring in a McKay to our list Stringer is someone that comes cheap this year that can add to our list

You are not counting the rate of development Lohmann, Morris might show. Similarly Ah Chee and Rayner might play differently with more room in that F50. I believe our team has multiple strings and we don't have to go for an emergency shopping spree to get a tall forward. Morris was nobody before 2023 draft and look what he produced this year.

I have similar faith in Luke Lloyd with one more preseason. He's another forward with clean hands and good kicking. Blurb about him below, he's in our reserves waiting for an opportunity.

Made the mistake of just clicking on Trade Radio for the first time to hear them say we could / should trade Zac Bailey out while his currency is high for a potential opposition KPF if Joe leaves, given we will need to get creative.

Made the mistake of just clicking on Trade Radio for the first time to hear them say we could / should trade Zac Bailey out while his currency is high for a potential opposition KPF if Joe leaves, given we will need to get creative.

I wouldn’t say no to that if he wanted to leave. He didn’t have a strong year compared to last year and if everyone comes back, with Levi coming in, someone has to make way. We can live without him and if a club wants to pay, let him go there.

We have McCarthy, Gardiner, Levi and Coleman to come back. McCarthy or Ah Chee can take his role.

I don’t count Doedee because he won’t play AFL again. Unfortunately can’t see him coming back.

I can actually see Fort leaving. He has a premiership. He will go back to reserves next year. If someone offered him more money and a starting ruck, if I was in his position I’d take it. Anyone would
Provided Joe plays on i woudln't mind if he did chase a starting position elsewhere. Its been a luxury to have him this long. It would extract some nice draft capital for us plus it would clear the way for young Henry Smith who continues to make strides towards the league side. A win-win for both parties.

Back end of this interview they touch on Joe

It was mentioned a few times that Joe was “nowhere to be found at the post match”. Absolute click-bait.
Anthony Daniher explained this on SEN breakfast this morning - essentially all the Daniher’s took a moment out the back as a family to celebrate. Given the profile of the family, it’s fair enough that they didn’t want to decamp into the Lions rooms!

Last edited:
Provided Joe plays on i woudln't mind if he did chase a starting position elsewhere. Its been a luxury to have him this long. It would extract some nice draft capital for us plus it would clear the way for young Henry Smith who continues to make strides towards the league side. A win-win for both parties.
All depends. As someone said, Fort may love playing reserves now he has his premiership. He is at home and may be happy seeing out his career here. I didn’t factor in him being a Queenslander when I made my post. That changes things

All depends. As someone said, Fort may love playing reserves now he has his premiership. He is at home and may be happy seeing out his career here. I didn’t factor in him being a Queenslander when I made my post. That changes things
Yes totally ...I'd prefer if he did stay but I wouldn't be adverse to the alternate either if that's what he wanted to pursue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t say no to that if he wanted to leave. He didn’t have a strong year compared to last year and if everyone comes back, with Levi coming in, someone has to make way. We can live without him and if a club wants to pay, let him go there.
And on cue a Lions fan calls in saying we should trade Zac to Geelong for Shannon Neale.

Barrett knocked it down by saying Cats have Neale earmarked to now replace Hawkins.

I've been walking around Melbourne this arvo listening to TR and I should probably spare myself this constant speculation which is on par with trades and rumour threads on the main board here.

I don't pay much attention to the VFL, but how does he fair when compared to Morris?
Not favourably. Lloyd hasn’t reallly have an impact game from what I’ve seen. (Don’t watch every game). When Morris was “dropped/rested” to the VFL, his game demanded a recall. Just a class above. Not putting the a line through Lloyd, has potential, but needs considerable development.

I don’t count Doedee because he won’t play AFL again. Unfortunately can’t see him coming back.
Has there been any medical advice on this, or is it just speculation?

Bit of a stretch perhaps, he lived in Brisbane for five years when he was young but moved back to Geelong after that, and his family are still there.

When do you reckon the journalists are going to work out that we are trading our first round pick to Richmond? I'd guess it will take at least 10 days of Traid Radio for it to click.
Well if Ralphy’s scoop to the opening week of finals fixtures is any guide, I’d say the young kid they pick with it would’ve made his debut before he cottons on.

BRISBANE LIONS

Players that could leave

Out-of-favour midfielder Deven Robertson reportedly wants “a fresh start”, according to the Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph. Robertson played just two games this season and is likely to fall even further down the pecking order next year, with the impending arrival of a pair of draft jets. Ralph believes Robertson will try to get back home to Western Australia, although a deal could be challenging given the Eagles are unlikely to want to give up a top 30 pick. Then there’s the curious case of Joe Daniher, the mysterious character who has well and truly been a rollercoaster ride. Daniher is contracted for 2025, but rumours continue to swirl around his playing future, as the star key forward considers the “shape of his life after football with his family”. Jaxon Prior is another name who could be on the move this off-season, with the half-back still without a deal for 2025. The defender has been linked to Essendon in recent weeks as he looks for more senior opportunities. Irish duo Darragh Joyce, who was an emergency for the grand final and James Madden also have their futures up in the air.

Players that could arrive

They are the premiers, but the Lions won’t stop trying to improve their list as they plot back-to-back flags. Brisbane is a “club to watch” in the race for Gold Coast Suns livewire Malcolm Rosas Jnr, according to AFL Media’s Riley Beveridge. Rosas Jnr has been told to assess his options this off-season and could land at the Lions in a move that would no doubt spice up the QClash even more. Another small forward the Lions have their eyes on is out-of-contract Blue Matthew Owies. But perhaps Brisbane’s biggest acquisition this off-season is a pair of draft gems out of the Sandringham Dragons. The Lions will secure Levi Ashcroft, the son of triple premiership father Marcus and brother of Norm Smith Medallist Will, as a tantalising father-son prospect. Levi has won three consecutive premierships at under-18 level and has been AFL ready since he was 16 years of age. A midfielder-forward with matchwinning ability, Ashcroft has the same cleanliness and composure of his older brother but is even more dynamic around the goals. The Lions will also add Academy member and ball magnet Sam Marshall to their ranks, who is a first-round prospect. There’s been some interest in delisted Blue Jack Martin.

Who’s already gone

Jarryd Lyons (retired)

Draft picks

18, 56, 69

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back