List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast still have interest in Dev Rob. Inside Trading

The Eagles have also been looking at Port Adelaide key defender Tom Clurey as a potential experienced back-up option with Tom Barrass on his way to Hawthorn, while the likes of Carlton midfielder Jack Carroll, Brisbane ball-getter Deven Robertson and Western Bulldogs forward Riley Garcia have all been tracked by the Eagles.

All depends. As someone said, Fort may love playing reserves now he has his premiership. He is at home and may be happy seeing out his career here. I didn’t factor in him being a Queenslander when I made my post. That changes things
Forty was a Lions supporter as a kid-a great photo of him somewhere all decked out in his Lions gear during the 3-peat years.

Has there been any medical advice on this, or is it just speculation?

Speculation. It’s a long hill to climb. Both knees, one done twice. I will be extremely happy if we can get something out of him for a few years but the odds are against him. I don’t think we can bank on him doing anything, but rather hope that he can.

It looks to me that the Lions have been developing Smith for the past 4 years to become a hybrid forward/ruck to replace Joe when he retires. I have faith that the development put into him and most probably the work Joe has done with him will mean he can step up into the role when required. He has now grown into his body and had a taste of AFL football so should be ready to go. We have seen how Morris has stepped up so I can’t see why Smith can’t do the same with the extra time for development that he has had.

I don't pay much attention to the VFL, but how does he fair when compared to Morris?

Morris is a unicorn. He was able to hold his own against mature bodies early. That's rare for a 18 year old key forward.

I believe Luke was alternating between CHF and CHB. Standout game looks like a 22 disposal 3 goals vs Sandringham.

Hoping Joe goes on for 1 more, can see us pushing for back to back if so with the hunger McInerney, Kiddy, Linc, Levi and Doedee will add for premiership success plus the older crew of Neale, Zorko ect. wanting another before bowing out. If we lose Joe that becomes very tough.

If Joe does leave though we’ve won a flag and he gave us so much joy these past few years. I’d be happy just to run with Henry Smith playing key forward-back up ruck and letting our smaller forwards do most of the scoreboard damage.

We would need to find a replacement end of next year though. Darcy Fogarty would be great I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks to me that the Lions have been developing Smith for the past 4 years to become a hybrid forward/ruck to replace Joe when he retires. I have faith that the development put into him and most probably the work Joe has done with him will mean he can step up into the role when required. He has now grown into his body and had a taste of AFL football so should be ready to go. We have seen how Morris has stepped up so I can’t see why Smith can’t do the same with the extra time for development that he has had.
Did you not see him play? He's not going to make it.

Agree. Think it’s just a matter of when rather than if the talent is there. I really like what he will offer us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back