List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason Casboult didn’t get games this year at GCS was because of Dimmas youf policy.
He doesn’t really fit their game under Dimma. Front half pressure etc and don’t really have the small forwards that take advantage of his ability to bring ball to ground.

I reckon he’s pretty old but has one more season in him. Even if he only plays home games or whatever. Would be a great stop gap in the meantime whilst the Lions make a play for say Oscar Allen.

Such a deflating end to a huge week.

Joey was huge and no matter what the media would say there is not a chance we would’ve had the success over the last few years without him.
That’s how I feel; on a high but with this in the out of my stomach only for it to be realised so so prematurely particularly when he easily has 3-4 years at a minimum at this level.

Yes it’s hard to be angry and certainly don’t want to appear ungrateful, but from a team first Lions POV, it’s bloody disappointing that he’d not want to try to back it up even if I understand that’s how Joe wants it to end. I know Joe owes nobody anything but damn, it just seems so premature and wasteful given you’re a long time retired, not to mention he leaves the club and his teammates in an awful position.

This isn’t Joe related but I do also now worry given how loyalty isn’t a big thing to younger players that if things start tapering off and we aren’t genuine premiership contenders we’ll see a number of other boys start heading for the exits next year too.

Don’t know but for me, Joe kinda unfairly was the glue to all of that.

This isn’t Joe related but I do also now worry given how loyalty isn’t a big thing to younger players that if things start tapering off and we aren’t genuine premiership contenders we’ll see a number of other boys start heading for the exits next year too.

Feels like you're playing a bit too much responsibility on Joe's doorstep - he's entitled to do what he likes with his life and no Lions fan can ever claim he didn't give them value for their membership

Feels like you're playing a bit too much responsibility on Joe's doorstep - he's entitled to do what he likes with his life and no Lions fan can ever claim he didn't give them value for their membership
I'd much rather a player called time early than half-arse it for several years on a lucrative contract.

Looking at you, clayton!

Special shout out to Jonny Ralph. Once again his “sources” were impeccable. 24 hours after the GWS game, Joe is inking a new contract. 2 weeks later, retired.

As much as I would love to add that to Ralphy's rap sheet, pretty sure that article was written by Jay Clark?

Should have known that was fake, if Jay isn't getting the story directly from Pendles he can't be trusted.

Bit sad for the loss of the Joe show, but also so happy he got to go out on top like that. Definitely couldnt have done it without him.

Im not sure what we will do yet, but I really hope we dont panic react and bring in someone again. Gunston and Ryan were not the smartest calls and feel they were panic buys we should have avoided.

The market isnt great right now and we really dont have the currency for much. Im not against us testing out all the different options across the early part of the year to see who might work. Fort, Smith, Ryan, LL and maybe an attempt at small ball. At the same time working at next years market to see who we can bring in

Looking at the type of player we need is Jemery Fylayson available

We’re desperate but we’re not Jeremy Finlayson desperate.

I’m not intending to do that as I said he owes nobody anything.l and of course is entitled to do what he likes. Not sure what you mean about ‘value for membership’ or where that fits into anything.

Surely it’s ok to both marvel at what he’s done for us and be truly grateful whilst simultaneously being bitterly disappointed with mixed emotions. That’s how I feel and that should also be ok.

Posted my ode to Joe in the Roster Watch thread. Geez I am going to miss that wonderful man.

As for the future.. our forward line is stacked with maybe the most talented selection of small/medium forwards the game has seen.

Bailey, Rayner, Ah Chee, Lohmann and Charlie… it’s ludicrous that we’ve got all of them at once.

Hipwood will be better for the rest and maybe surgery. Morris will continue to blossom.

Joe in 2024 is actually the exception to the rule that big star forwards generally don’t play a decisive role in finals.

He’s a big loss but we can do it without him. Our smalls are the key. We just need to keep the structure around them.

Hipwood + Morris + some mature gorilla body to halve marking contests and backup in the ruck and I think we will be all good.

Whoever suggested Casboult… great shout. I think he is the ideal 2 year fill in to preserve our structure. Will cost bugger all and allow us to use the Joe money to keep the vultures away from our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want glue, I give you Oscar McInerney.

Araldite in his veins.

I was thinking about Casboult. Really liked what he was doing at the Suns. Would be okay on a 1-2 year deal as Hallow Knight said.

1 year for Casboult and then go hunting for a big fish. THat or McMorris becomes the greatest forward the game has ever seen.

You can surely aim higher.

In all honesty id hijack Jack Darlings move to North Melbourne

He has the combination of being able to go into the ruck too which helps. Throw some coin at him and Dev Robertson for Jack Darling straight swap would work

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back