List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on guys.

We just won the flag 5 days ago. With arguably the vest performance from this club ever

Forget all this about who are we going to get.

Let's stay in celebration mode.

We've been steered ok through season 2024 so I'm sure there'll be a plan or a roll of the dice in 2025.

Fwwiw I'm deadset against jumping on whoever's around at this juncture. Let the dust settle.

Plenty of options around with time to work it out.

If we don't want to pick from the recycled bin, this is my preferred option. Henry Smith will be ready next year as a primary ruck. Move Oscar to FF and play out of goal square.

We also have Luke Lloyd as another lead up forward, in which case Hipwood has to play the role of Daniher - split between ruck + lead up forward. Hipwood might be ready for it too.
Darcy Fort at Full Forward?

Cam Rayner to play a Richard Osborne undersized FF roll?
Could do it. My main concern is we need to draw a tall defender and going mid sized doesn’t help.
Unless …

Probably going to be a dumb question and maybe I’ll answer it myself but…

If we had to use next years first this year for whatever reason, and then we required a first rounder next year for the Annable bid (assuming these are the rules that will change), as long as we find another one by that draft then it’s sweet?

I’m just trying to understand why so many are reluctant to lose next years picks if we needed to. I’ve never been completely over the drafting rules, points etc.

Probably going to be a dumb question and maybe I’ll answer it myself but…

If we had to use next years first this year for whatever reason, and then we required a first rounder next year for the Annable bid (assuming these are the rules that will change), as long as we find another one by that draft then it’s sweet?

I’m just trying to understand why so many are reluctant to lose next years picks if we needed to. I’ve never been completely over the drafting rules, points etc.

Yes, but if Annable is good we'll probably need more than just next years first because the points system is changing.

From next year clubs will be able to future trade 2 years in advance - but I suspect that may just have an inflationary effect on player value, much like bringing in 1 year of future pick trading did.

If we’re looking at players on our list, Zokostelsky probably has all the physical tools to play forward ruck.

The one knock on his game has been his kicking. Less costly if he miss kicks one out on the full in the forward line.

Played ruck in the WAFL colts and was a big reason for his team winning the championship.

The other aspect of it is that if Smith is our ruck after O we also need to begin giving him games at a senior level next year on a more consistent basis.

Hopefully the AFL announce before trade & drafting whether there will be 5 on the bench instead of 4 plus a sub.
That will enable Smith to play as ruck & KPF relief. Prefer his versatility over Fort.

Fagan likes having 3 KPF and i don't see that changing.
We either just find one from somewhere? or use who we have on the list.
Gardiner started up forward until he did his ACL so he is one
The other maybe Doedee.
I see our KPD staying the same come round 0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that we've won one there's every opportunity of blooding players. And who knows someone could bob up like Morris.

And not throwing all your eggs into one basket into next year.

We have Neale at a good level for another 2 years . Maybe 3.

Hang on. I think I have solved the problem of Joe’s replacement.

Come on, I suggested him at least two days ago. Hand in that bandwagon leader card please!

If we’re looking at players on our list, Zokostelsky probably has all the physical tools to play forward ruck.

The one knock on his game has been his kicking. Less costly if he miss kicks one out on the full in the forward line.

Played ruck in the WAFL colts and was a big reason for his team winning the championship.
I haven’t seen him play but from what I have read his athleticism is his biggest asset so there is no reason why it couldn’t work if he is ready.

That kind of left field thinking is why I reckon your non-draft posts are more interesting! ;)

(It's more that after probably over a half decade modding the D&T board, no draft posts are interesting any more.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back