List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lohmann didn’t kick a goal in his first five games of football when he wasn’t the sub and his first goal was a fifty that put him straight in front of goal.

To expand upon this. It was the last quarter of Easter Thursday this year where I turned to my dad and said I didn’t have much faith in Lohmann because he’d only kicked one goal as a small forward in about 7-8 games. Yes he was starting sub for 3-4 of them but what good is a forward if he can’t kick goals.

He then proceeded to slot a good set shot not long after when the game was not yet lost. The next week he kicked a couple against North and I realised I had been a bit tough on a very young player.

I think Smith has shown a little more to me than Lohmann has in his first games. Smith, like Lohmann, hasn’t kicked a goal yet at this point in his senior career but that doesn’t mean he’s incapable up forward at all.

I can see why you'd go Lynch over some of the other names that have been touted and the real thrill I'd get out of it is if he was a roaring success watching the Tiger fans throw up.

But I wouldn't pay up for him. He was pretty much cooked what I saw of him this year. It's possible he gave up like some of the others I suppose.
It's funny the value a lot of media people are putting on him actually. Not sure I quite understand it. He's played 8 games over the past two seasons. 2022 he kicked 63 from 19 games. 31 and you would think 2 or 3 years at most

Smith is going to be a very solid, AFL standard ruck - based on his VFL form and glimpses when called up during the year. However, very few genuine rucks have good forward craft in general and I think it would be unfair to expect Smith to be a big contributor on that front.

In my opinion Smith certainly has a future, but it will be as Oscar's replacement, not Joe's.

It's funny the value a lot of media people are putting on him actually. Not sure I quite understand it. He's played 8 games over the past two seasons. 2022 he kicked 63 from 19 games. 31 and you would think 2 or 3 years at most

This is what I was thinking listening to Dom argue for him.

I don’t really care about lynch being a bit of a dick on the field, but giving up a future first for that age profile and injury risk is a hard sell.

This is what I was thinking listening to Dom argue for him.

I don’t really care about lynch being a bit of a dick on the field, but giving up a future first for that age profile and injury risk is a hard sell.

Now listening to Dom say we should play Harris forward. Might be time to unsubscribe.

IMG_2862.jpeg

Smith is going to be a very solid, AFL standard ruck - based on his VFL form and glimpses when called up during the year. However, very few genuine rucks have good forward craft in general and I think it would be unfair to expect Smith to be a big contributor on that front.

In my opinion Smith certainly has a future, but it will be as Oscar's replacement, not Joe's.
I might be right off beam hear because yes I think he's a ruckman essentially but he just reminds me so much of Rendell who could play forward and kick goals. He looks reasonably good below his knees for a big man.

Now listening to Dom say we should play Harris forward. Might be time to unsubscribe.

View attachment 2134708

Now suggesting the backup option instead of a membrey, Sam Day type be DANIEL LLOYD?? The development coach???

Oh Dom, I’m sad Joe is gone too but you’ve lost it. If the Lies can survive with Mihocek (who I rate) and Frampton and win a flag, hope isn’t gone for us.

Roar deal boys spent atleast 10 or so minutes talking about Lynch and the fans perception of him, sounds like Dom knows something for sure. wait and see I suppose but he raised some good points as to why we should try and get an A grader and a future first would probably get it done
As in give up a future first for Lynch?

I haven’t listened to TRD this week but I’d be mortified if we gave up a future first for a player (Lynch) that (a) has barely got on the park in recent years, (b) would be lucky to get two years out of him and (c) is a mercenary with a track record for being an A grade campaigner.

As in give up a future first for Lynch?

I haven’t listened to TRD this week but I’d be mortified if we gave up a future first for a player (Lynch) that (a) has barely got on the park in recent years, (b) would be lucky to get two years out of him and (c) is a mercenary with a track record for being an A grade campaigner.

I think having listened to it that Dom is struggling through his Joe grief like we all are. Wouldn’t take it too seriously.

But but Andrews was a key forward as a junior wouldn’t be out of the possibilities to play him forward with Doedee and Gards as defenders

Harris isn’t quick or agile enough as a forward to create opportunities for himself.

He’s a 10/10 key defender and I reckon at best a 6/10 key forward. Would make our defence a lot worse and wouldn’t move the needle up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think having listened to it that Dom is struggling through his Joe grief like we all are. Wouldn’t take it too seriously.
I’m still shell shocked that Joe has hung them up so prematurely, like 4-5 years early and still can’t quite comprehend how or why he has - it just doesn’t compute but then it’s Joe and I guess we’re not meant to get it - and whilst bitterly disappointed, I won’t lose my head over trying to replace him with an over the hill opposition KPF (Lynch, Day, Casboult) or player that doesn’t add to our needs (Membrey) particularly when as I’ve said many times, Joe covered two roles so brilliantly that one player won’t even cover one of those roles, so I’m in the camp of going smaller and playing a second ruck.

Like you said, I take comfort that Pies can win a flag with only Mihocheck and Frampton and Hawks won the year after Buddy left with just Roughie.

We’ve just got to not lose our heads and revisit over the course of next year and see what our list can conjure up next year without an average KPF from an oppo club.

I’m still shell shocked that Joe has hung them up so prematurely, like 4-5 years early and still can’t quite comprehend how or why he has - it just doesn’t compute but then it’s Joe and I guess we’re not meant to get it - and whilst bitterly disappointed, I won’t lose my head over trying to replace him with an over the hill opposition KPF (Lynch, Day, Casboult) or player that doesn’t add to our needs (Membrey) particularly when as I’ve said many times, Joe covered two roles so brilliantly that one player won’t even cover one of those roles, so I’m in the camp of going smaller and playing a second ruck.

Like you said, I take comfort that Pies can win a flag with only Mihocheck and Frampton and Hawks won the year after Buddy left with just Roughie.

We’ve just got to not lose our heads and revisit over the course of next year and see what our list can conjure up next year without an average KPF from an oppo club.
Agree, although I do think it’s worth a low cost experienced addition just as backup. Provided we aren’t giving up a draft pick of course.

Lynch is separate - I don’t care that he’s a prick on field but I’m too worried about his injury risk.

Occams razor, we'll probably sign Sam Day.

Joe lives in Coffs Harbour he's sick of driving 5 hours a day to brisbane.

…and Dom isn’t exactly known as a footy newsbreaker or Brisbane Lions amateur list manager… he’s a podcaster and late night radio host, with some school spirituality guidance thrown in. He’s a fan like the rest if us. Now if Fish was throwing out the big ideas, then it’s worth listening to!

Hasn’t taken long for the likes of Jon Ralph to get stuck into us on Trading Day on Fox. Criticising us for sitting on our hands knowing Joe was leaving and not having a plan for bringing someone else in. Also seemed adamant that clubs he spoke to that they are going to make us pay for Ashcroft too.

And then Montagna says we have Brandon Ryan a 4 year deal last year. Please tell me that ain’t so.

Jon Ralph is a grade A flog, we hang a lot of shit on Victorian media for “vicbias”, but a lot of it is kind of tongue in cheek - except Ralph. Ralph would disband the 8 interstate teams in a heartbeat if he could; any time any of them see success you can see how much he hates it.

What about Gardiner - the game he did his ACL I actually remember thinking just before that “geez it looks like it’s clicked finally”, he was looking quite good playing as a forward. And I heard he could be right for pre season, so maybe he’s the best bet?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back