List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is solely for list management discussion, Trades discussion goes in the trade thread, and Draft prospect discussion goes in it's relevant thread.

NameFinal YearYears Service*Status
Angus Hastie20252Unknown
Angus McLennan20242Non-Free Agent
Anthony Caminiti20264Non-Free Agent
Arie Schoenmaker20252Unknown
Ben Paton20247Non-Free Agent
Brad Crouch20255Non-Free Agent
Bradley Hill20278Restricted Free Agent
Callum Wilkie20279Restricted Free Agent
Cooper Sharman20244Non-Free Agent
Daniel Butler20245Non-Free Agent
Darcy Wilson20263Non-Free Agent
Dougal Howard20245Non-Free Agent
Hugo Garcia20252Unknown
Hunter Clark20258Restricted Free Agent
Isaac Keeler20242Non-Free Agent
Jack Hayes20243Non-Free Agent
Jack Higgins20277Non-Free Agent
Jack Sinclair202713Unrestricted Free Agent
Jack Steele202711Unrestricted Free Agent
James Van Es20242DELISTED
Jimmy Webster202413Unrestricted Free Agent
Josh Battle20248UFA - leaving for Hawthorn
Lance Collard20263Non-Free Agent
Liam Henry20274Non-Free Agent
Liam O'Connell20252Unknown
Liam Stocker20242Unrestricted Free Agent
Marcus Windhager20254Non-Free Agent
Mason Wood20244UFA + 3 years (2027)
Mattaes Phillipou20264Non-Free Agent
Matthew Allison20244DELISTED
Max Hall20252Non-Free Agent
Max Heath20244Non-Free Agent
Max King20268Restricted Free Agent
Mitchito Owens20254Non-Free Agent
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera20254Non-Free Agent
Olli Hotton20242Non-Free Agent
Paddy Dow20263Non-Free Agent
Riley Bonner20241DELISTED
Rowan Marshall202711Unrestricted Free Agent
Ryan Byrnes20245Non-Free Agent
Sebastian Ross202413DELISTED
Tim Membrey202410Unrestricted Free Agent
Tom Campbell20243DELISTED
Zaine Cordy20253Non-Free Agent
Zak Jones20245Non-Free Agent
* Years service at end of contract.
Free Agency - Friday, October 4 and will run until Friday, October 11.
Trade Period - Monday, October 7 and will run until Wednesday, October 16.
National Draft - Round One - Wednesday, November 20 followed by the remaining rounds of the
National Draft - The rest - Thursday, November 21.
Rookie and Pre-Season Draft - Friday, November 22.

Last edited:
Battle already settling in at Hawthorn

jingle all the way ball pit GIF

Lots of vitriol for Battle. Bloke gets offered a payday far greater than his actual value and takes it, not going to blame him for that.
Hopefully the compensation we get will help some of the angst - I'm just excited to see who we can get our hands on now.

It means we go to the draft with another pick/s. LDU is a FA next year thats when we will pounce if it is to happen.
Why would he choose us though?

He has been playing in front of dead crowds his whole career.

We will hear the same old crap, "wants to play for a big club", or "thinking about life after footy".

I can't see us ever realistically landing a hot commodity. It's depressing, but it is reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of vitriol for Battle. Bloke gets offered a payday far greater than his actual value and takes it, not going to blame him for that.
Hopefully the compensation we get will help some of the angst - I'm just excited to see who we can get our hands on now.
Not sure you facts are correct if we offered him $100k more and he left anyway, and that costs us first round.

Anyway, it’s good that being upset is moderated away, but being happy clappy at a bloke that doesn’t rate out club is celebrated.

As a footy player at senior AFL level, I think I would want to be playing with the Hawks right now. They were behind us, caught up, and now in front of us. They stuck with Mitchell as coach while he was working on a game style that didn't always work and they won some and lost some- same as when Clarkson started at the Hawks. The club backed them through heavy losses and some wins, and tweaked the list to get it right.

In contrast to us- we have a couple of heavy losses under a coach who got us into the finals, and the president cracks the sh*ts and wants another coach to the point of dragging an ex coach out of retirement for big money. This is the St Kilda way of doing things, and it has failed us time after time, and will again. Good luck to Josh and thanks for your work.

As a footy player at senior AFL level, I think I would want to be playing with the Hawks right now. They were behind us, caught up, and now in front of us. They stuck with Mitchell as coach while he was working on a game style that didn't always work and they won some and lost some- same as when Clarkson started at the Hawks. The club backed them through heavy losses and some wins, and tweaked the list to get it right.

In contrast to us- we have a couple of heavy losses under a coach who got us into the finals, and the president cracks the sh*ts and wants another coach to the point of dragging an ex coach out of retirement for big money. This is the St Kilda way of doing things, and it has failed us time after time, and will again. Good luck to Josh and thanks for your work.
Hawthorn will be found out in the finals. They've had a very soft run home.

In the last 10 weeks, Hawthorn has only played three sides inside the final 8 and the only team they beat was an undermanned Carlton.

In the same period we played 6 of the final eight and won three of them.

$100k a year less apparently
According to…?

And if it’s true, means he was never going to stay at the Saints whatever we offered him, and it wasn’t about financial security for his family. His mind obviously was made up, and nothing we could have done about it, so not worth worrying about it.

Not sure you facts are correct if we offered him $100k more and he left anyway, and that costs us first round.
My take on," On the nest's " observation is our love came after...it should have come earlier
..he was shopped previously...it was under Ratts so Ross had a platform...being that North got heaps of help with draft pick position last year, compo should be set on the total contract offered that is legit.

Last edited:

Huge surprise there.

I just stated my opinion actually - I think what he's reportedly been offered is far greater than he's worth and I think anyone would take it. Speaking of facts - did we offer him $100k more? Does that cost us first round? Or was it a counter-offer to keep the hawks honest and ensure our compensation?

My posts keep disappearing. Can somebody give the the manual of what opinions are tolerated please?

You've had one post deleted because you circumvented the swear filter. Keep moderating discussions and questions to PMs going forward please

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back