List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is solely for list management discussion, Trades discussion goes in the trade thread, and Draft prospect discussion goes in it's relevant thread.

NameFinal YearYears Service*Status
Angus Hastie20252Unknown
Angus McLennan20242Non-Free Agent
Anthony Caminiti20264Non-Free Agent
Arie Schoenmaker20252Unknown
Ben Paton20247Non-Free Agent
Brad Crouch20255Non-Free Agent
Bradley Hill20278Restricted Free Agent
Callum Wilkie20279Restricted Free Agent
Cooper Sharman20244Non-Free Agent
Daniel Butler20245Non-Free Agent
Darcy Wilson20263Non-Free Agent
Dougal Howard20245Non-Free Agent
Hugo Garcia20252Unknown
Hunter Clark20258Restricted Free Agent
Isaac Keeler20242Non-Free Agent
Jack Hayes20243Non-Free Agent
Jack Higgins20277Non-Free Agent
Jack Sinclair202713Unrestricted Free Agent
Jack Steele202711Unrestricted Free Agent
James Van Es20242DELISTED
Jimmy Webster202413Unrestricted Free Agent
Josh Battle20248UFA - leaving for Hawthorn
Lance Collard20263Non-Free Agent
Liam Henry20274Non-Free Agent
Liam O'Connell20252Unknown
Liam Stocker20242Unrestricted Free Agent
Marcus Windhager20254Non-Free Agent
Mason Wood20244UFA + 3 years (2027)
Mattaes Phillipou20264Non-Free Agent
Matthew Allison20244DELISTED
Max Hall20252Non-Free Agent
Max Heath20244Non-Free Agent
Max King20268Restricted Free Agent
Mitchito Owens20254Non-Free Agent
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera20254Non-Free Agent
Olli Hotton20242Non-Free Agent
Paddy Dow20263Non-Free Agent
Riley Bonner20241DELISTED
Rowan Marshall202711Unrestricted Free Agent
Ryan Byrnes20245Non-Free Agent
Sebastian Ross202413DELISTED
Tim Membrey202410Unrestricted Free Agent
Tom Campbell20243DELISTED
Zaine Cordy20253Non-Free Agent
Zak Jones20245Non-Free Agent
* Years service at end of contract.
Free Agency - Friday, October 4 and will run until Friday, October 11.
Trade Period - Monday, October 7 and will run until Wednesday, October 16.
National Draft - Round One - Wednesday, November 20 followed by the remaining rounds of the
National Draft - The rest - Thursday, November 21.
Rookie and Pre-Season Draft - Friday, November 22.

Last edited:
Both good moves.
Wood is as fit as a trout and can easily play until 34.
Takes Butler up to 30 years old. Is a very good defensive forward and stops the opposition walking it out of defence.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mr.Byrnes, I actually like him, that goal he kicked against the blues, he looked kinda embarrassed (shy lad I think).But leadership? What the.

Was school and Sandringham captain from memory.

Coz we've delisted TC and have zero backup for Ro.
They can then run Ro through the forward line and think about letting Membrey go which frees up a list spot and some cash.

We need to move some pieces around. Ro is a legend but that counts for nothing if it doesn't translate to an effective midfield.
If Ivan Soldo is the solution to our midfield problems I’ll happily eat my shoe

Kids, he was probably just the best player, had to give it to him. I was captain of my school cricket team, what a joke.
I've read various things here and there leading me to feel that Byrnes is still is somewhat a guy that leads the group. He might be a Geary type.

We need to unearth strong leaders at our club, it's a massive weakness currently.

I love Mason Wood but I thought he was starting to slow this year and not getting to the same contests he had the year before. He definitley wasnt clunking the marks he did the previous year. I wonder if 3 years is a bit excessive for Mason? Either way he has been an amazing find for the club both on and off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Mason Wood but I thought he was starting to slow this year and not getting to the same contests he had the year before. He definitley wasnt clunking the marks he did the previous year. I wonder if 3 years is a bit excessive for Mason? Either way he has been an amazing find for the club both on and off the field.

It's probably a year too long in fairness but I doubt it's massive coin.

3 years in media speak.

In reality probably a guaranteed two years with a high trigger point for a 3rd year.

I agree it's a year too long. Ideally, next year is his last year as a starting 22 player because we nail this upcoming draft and have younger players demanding selection.

Kids, he was probably just the best player, had to give it to him. I was captain of my school cricket team, what a joke.
Was captain of Sandringham Dragons, one of the most successful under-age rep teams since the early TAC days, but yeah what a joke hey?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

there might be a view to transition him to coaching

agreed he's showed signs of age

We do need elite mids but the future is bright when looking at our younger group. We already have the core of a very good side moving forward there are plenty of positives.

Sharman probably the most improved player on the list, hopefully that continues.
Wanganeen-Milera our best young player who had another outstanding year, will win several AA awards. 🌟
Caminiti had an injury and form interrupted year, but can only improve with the more games he plays.
Owens had a poor year by comparison, hopefully he can get things going again next year.
Windhager had an injury interrupted year, missed 9 games but showed improvement. Has the work ethic to make an A grader. 🌟
Phillipou also had a patchy year only playing 13 senior games, we saw late he had turned the corner. Projects as an absolute star! 🌟
Wilson couldnt have done much more, but he still has improvement ahead. Exciting 🌟
Collard played 3 games, but has a heap of development ahead before we get value for his draft position.
Hastie played 5 games and showed enough he will become a very good flanker/wingman. Needs size...
Garcia played 9 games a number as the sub, but showed enough to suggest the kid has it all and is a future A grader. 🌟
Shoenmaker got 3 games and showed enough with development he will be a player. His kicking is elite...

Players that havent debuted:

Keeler continued to improve and benefitted from his games playing VFL in defence. Like King still needs to up his 2nd and 3rd efforts.
Heath started slowly but when given the No 1 ruck spot blossomed. Still has work to do but has a future.
McLennan played a couple of well deserved games, his intercept marking is his strength but needs to get more offensive run.
Hotton had an injury riddled first year, did ok this year but if he remains will need a big lift next year.
OConnell plays with a presence but is coming from a long way back.

I expect to see a couple of other lads added to the Cat B rookie list this year being another Irish lad and Hofmann if he is not bid on.

Last edited:
Just for everyone's edification

Both 23 games

Owens good year: 346 disposals, 26 goals, 87 tackles, 66 inside 50s, 23 contested marks, 15 marks inside 50, 10 goal assists.
Owens poor year: 283 disposals, 20 goals, 62 tackles, 42 inside 50s, 18 contested marks, 23 marks inside 50, 16 goal assists.

Was initially a bit surprised about Wood getting 3 years but the development coach aspect means he will be good addition to the list no matter what.
2 years as a player, 1 as a player/coach.

Its a good deal and the bloke is good for the culture of the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back