List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is solely for list management discussion, Trades discussion goes in the trade thread, and Draft prospect discussion goes in it's relevant thread.

NameFinal YearYears Service*Status
Angus Hastie20252Unknown
Angus McLennan20242Non-Free Agent
Anthony Caminiti20264Non-Free Agent
Arie Schoenmaker20252Unknown
Ben Paton20247Non-Free Agent
Brad Crouch20255Non-Free Agent
Bradley Hill20278Restricted Free Agent
Callum Wilkie20279Restricted Free Agent
Cooper Sharman20244Non-Free Agent
Daniel Butler20245Non-Free Agent
Darcy Wilson20263Non-Free Agent
Dougal Howard20245Non-Free Agent
Hugo Garcia20252Unknown
Hunter Clark20258Restricted Free Agent
Isaac Keeler20242Non-Free Agent
Jack Hayes20243Non-Free Agent
Jack Higgins20277Non-Free Agent
Jack Sinclair202713Unrestricted Free Agent
Jack Steele202711Unrestricted Free Agent
James Van Es20242DELISTED
Jimmy Webster202413Unrestricted Free Agent
Josh Battle20248UFA - leaving for Hawthorn
Lance Collard20263Non-Free Agent
Liam Henry20274Non-Free Agent
Liam O'Connell20252Unknown
Liam Stocker20242Unrestricted Free Agent
Marcus Windhager20254Non-Free Agent
Mason Wood20244UFA + 3 years (2027)
Mattaes Phillipou20264Non-Free Agent
Matthew Allison20244DELISTED
Max Hall20252Non-Free Agent
Max Heath20244Non-Free Agent
Max King20268Restricted Free Agent
Mitchito Owens20254Non-Free Agent
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera20254Non-Free Agent
Olli Hotton20242Non-Free Agent
Paddy Dow20263Non-Free Agent
Riley Bonner20241DELISTED
Rowan Marshall202711Unrestricted Free Agent
Ryan Byrnes20245Non-Free Agent
Sebastian Ross202413DELISTED
Tim Membrey202410Unrestricted Free Agent
Tom Campbell20243DELISTED
Zaine Cordy20253Non-Free Agent
Zak Jones20245Non-Free Agent
* Years service at end of contract.
Free Agency - Friday, October 4 and will run until Friday, October 11.
Trade Period - Monday, October 7 and will run until Wednesday, October 16.
National Draft - Round One - Wednesday, November 20 followed by the remaining rounds of the
National Draft - The rest - Thursday, November 21.
Rookie and Pre-Season Draft - Friday, November 22.

Last edited:
Looking at our list composition and coming to the conclusion we need to cull more from that 28+ group. Prior to delistings we would have had 17 players over 28yrs old by round 1 next year!

Getting rid of Campbell, Ross and Bonner is a good start but I would also be saying cya later to Hayes. Crouch Cordy and Jones the others we should look at moving on from.

We should not be recruiting anyone in this age group
View attachment 2102106

We have a terrible looking age profile because of Lethlean and Gags selling off draft capital to trade in the now old guys. because they were trying to backfill the last hole that poor drafting had made.

You need a fair bulk of senior players to guide the youth and stay competitive. If you tip too hard you end up like North Melbourne.

We have a terrible looking age profile because of Lethlean and Gags selling off draft capital to trade in the now old guys. because they were trying to backfill the last hole that poor drafting had made.

You need a fair bulk of senior players to guide the youth and stay competitive. If you tip too hard you end up like North Melbourne.
The monthly reminder that the draft capital we gave up to bring in multiple best 22 players ended up only being 1 first round pick and a bunch of late picks.

Is age list profile a bit of a red herring though? Just looking at the Cats they're being led by a bunch of 31+ year olds. I'd be more concerned if we didn't have any good youngsters but there's definitely a few there to get excited about.

Is age list profile a bit of a red herring though? Just looking at the Cats they're being led by a bunch of 31+ year olds. I'd be more concerned if we didn't have any good youngsters but there's definitely a few there to get excited about.
The youth is definitely the more important stat. 1/4 of the consensus best 22 will be 22 or under next year.

Looking at it positionally, we probably need some more young KPPs coming through but we are in a good spot moving forward to have that many players getting games early in their careers. And for many of them, being impactful on results early in their careers.

The youth is definitely the more important stat. 1/4 of the consensus best 22 will be 22 or under next year.

Looking at it positionally, we probably need some more young KPPs coming through but we are in a good spot moving forward to have that many players getting games early in their careers. And for many of them, being impactful on results early in their careers.
If Adrian Cole can become a player that will make a big difference going forward. Also Arie stepping up.

Crazy that Caminiti is still only 20. Very young for a key forward.

If Adrian Cole can become a player that will make a big difference going forward. Also Arie stepping up.

Agreed.Key Defenders are the main position we dont really have a promising talent coming through so if Cole can be that, we will be in a good spot. Ruck too, since the jury is still out on Heath but he's at least showing improvement.

For Caminiti to play as much as he has as a young key forward is impressive.Jack Silvagni did us a huge favour there. If he does move to the backline, it could help the young hole we have there given the other KPFs are under 24 but we are well placed either way with him.

I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for Cole to be AFL ready he will struggle with the speed and continuity of the game in the VFL. I know the club will take him but I personally very much doubt he makes it. Think about Cordy level is my estimation....

I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for Cole to be AFL ready he will struggle with the speed and continuity of the game in the VFL. I know the club will take him but I personally very much doubt he makes it. Think about Cordy level is my estimation....
Hopefully your right, i'd take Cordy's career anytime 1 Premiership & 1 runners up bring it on.

Hopefully your right, i'd take Cordy's career anytime 1 Premiership & 1 runners up bring it on.
So because he played in a premiership that automatically makes him a great player does it , a bounce the other way and Robert Eddy is a great player too.
Jeez Roo must have been pretty average

Boy your game saying that about Cole , old mate will have a melt reading that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of 1 year re-signings there, don’t mind it. The days of Matthew Allison style 2 year extensions for blokes miles off it look gone. We risk a few blokes leaving to better offers this way but the club has given a few years too many to a few over the journey (Newnes, Allison, Freeman, Hannebery etc.) so happy for a change of pace.

Good business in terms of the signings, maybe could have gone two years for Ronnie.

What is Dow's contract status? Kinda looks like come 2026 we'll only have one of Keeler / Heath and one of Stocker / Dow.

Edit: Looks like Dow is contracted until the end of 2026 so maybe not.

Signings still to come.

1. Hayes
2. Hotton
3. Howard
4. Jones
5. Membrey
6. Paton

Howard & Jones haven't had interest yet, as being tradable.

But Hayes & Membrey have had interest.

Hotton & Paton may be on the outer? going on the last six signings.

Last edited:
Has the club given any indication they are going to pick him up? Likewise with Peckett / Hoffman. I'd hope we pick best available and only match if we think they would be best available at our next pick. Sounds like it may well be the case for Cole as we need tall key defenders, but if we think he has limitations then we should not be afraid to turn elsewhere.

The NGA & F/S options can be a bit of a poisoned chalice with the lower range players IMO - sometimes you get Owens and Windhager, sometimes you get Bailey Rice. Passing on Biggie hasn't come back to haunt us. Swans would probably like their time again with Josh Dunkley, but credit to them for not putting all their eggs in the basket that was left on their doorstep. Picking up Jordan Dawson with one of the two picks they would've forfeited to match the bid was a reasonable outcome.

Has the club given any indication they are going to pick him up? Likewise with Peckett / Hoffman. I'd hope we pick best available and only match if we think they would be best available at our next pick. Sounds like it may well be the case for Cole as we need tall key defenders, but if we think he has limitations then we should not be afraid to turn elsewhere.

The NGA & F/S options can be a bit of a poisoned chalice with the lower range players IMO - sometimes you get Owens and Windhager, sometimes you get Bailey Rice. Passing on Biggie hasn't come back to haunt us. Swans would probably like their time again with Josh Dunkley, but credit to them for not putting all their eggs in the basket that was left on their doorstep. Picking up Jordan Dawson with one of the two picks they would've forfeited to match the bid was a reasonable outcome.
I think we pick up Peckett, he's kept improving as the season has worn on.

Yep an absolute spud who only got a game at the Dogs because they had no one else. He surely is our go to key defender what a ridiculous comment.

Yep an absolute spud who only got a game at the Dogs because they had no one else. He surely is our go to key defender what a ridiculous comment.
Your missing the point, someone said Cole is as good as Cordy & i said if he has the same Career as him we would of won a flag with the saints then.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back