List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is solely for list management discussion, Trades discussion goes in the trade thread, and Draft prospect discussion goes in it's relevant thread.

NameFinal YearYears Service*Status
Angus Hastie20252Unknown
Angus McLennan20242Non-Free Agent
Anthony Caminiti20264Non-Free Agent
Arie Schoenmaker20252Unknown
Ben Paton20247Non-Free Agent
Brad Crouch20255Non-Free Agent
Bradley Hill20278Restricted Free Agent
Callum Wilkie20279Restricted Free Agent
Cooper Sharman20244Non-Free Agent
Daniel Butler20245Non-Free Agent
Darcy Wilson20263Non-Free Agent
Dougal Howard20245Non-Free Agent
Hugo Garcia20252Unknown
Hunter Clark20258Restricted Free Agent
Isaac Keeler20242Non-Free Agent
Jack Hayes20243Non-Free Agent
Jack Higgins20277Non-Free Agent
Jack Sinclair202713Unrestricted Free Agent
Jack Steele202711Unrestricted Free Agent
James Van Es20242DELISTED
Jimmy Webster202413Unrestricted Free Agent
Josh Battle20248UFA - leaving for Hawthorn
Lance Collard20263Non-Free Agent
Liam Henry20274Non-Free Agent
Liam O'Connell20252Unknown
Liam Stocker20242Unrestricted Free Agent
Marcus Windhager20254Non-Free Agent
Mason Wood20244UFA + 3 years (2027)
Mattaes Phillipou20264Non-Free Agent
Matthew Allison20244DELISTED
Max Hall20252Non-Free Agent
Max Heath20244Non-Free Agent
Max King20268Restricted Free Agent
Mitchito Owens20254Non-Free Agent
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera20254Non-Free Agent
Olli Hotton20242Non-Free Agent
Paddy Dow20263Non-Free Agent
Riley Bonner20241DELISTED
Rowan Marshall202711Unrestricted Free Agent
Ryan Byrnes20245Non-Free Agent
Sebastian Ross202413DELISTED
Tim Membrey202410Unrestricted Free Agent
Tom Campbell20243DELISTED
Zaine Cordy20253Non-Free Agent
Zak Jones20245Non-Free Agent
* Years service at end of contract.
Free Agency - Friday, October 4 and will run until Friday, October 11.
Trade Period - Monday, October 7 and will run until Wednesday, October 16.
National Draft - Round One - Wednesday, November 20 followed by the remaining rounds of the
National Draft - The rest - Thursday, November 21.
Rookie and Pre-Season Draft - Friday, November 22.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see Macrae nominate us - he's instantly a starting onballer and improves the team. Not sure why we haven't signed Membrey up for another year though. King is injury prone, Caminiti is going to be coming off a shoulder Reco and Sharman is still inexperienced. There's every chance we'll be missing one or two of those guys at any given time and I'd like to have a veteran marking forward in the mix, even if a senior game isn't guaranteed. I imagine we'll likely land a Battle replacement such as Tomlinson (Lukosius would be ideal) and a readymade ruck cheaply.

I'd be very happy seeing this team line up in round one

B: Wilkie, Howard, Webster
HB: Wang, Lukosius, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Wood
HF: Higgins, King, Henry
F: Butler, Caminiti, Sharman

Foll: Marshall, Macrae, Phillipou
Int: Clark, Windhager, Wilson, Owens
Sub: Garcia

Emg: Membrey, Dow, Stocker

I'm glad to see Macrae nominate us - he's instantly a starting onballer and improves the team. Not sure why we haven't signed Membrey up for another year though. King is injury prone, Caminiti is going to be coming off a shoulder Reco and Sharman is still inexperienced. There's every chance we'll be missing one or two of those guys at any given time and I'd like to have a veteran marking forward in the mix, even if a senior game isn't guaranteed. I imagine we'll likely land a Battle replacement such as Tomlinson (Lukosius would be ideal) and a readymade ruck cheaply.

I'd be very happy seeing this team line up in round one

B: Wilkie, Howard, Webster
HB: Wang, Lukosius, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Wood
HF: Higgins, King, Henry
F: Butler, Caminiti, Sharman

Foll: Marshall, Macrae, Phillipou
Int: Clark, Windhager, Wilson, Owens
Sub: Garcia

Emg: Membrey, Dow, Stocker
Membrey has a one-year offer in front of him from St Kilda (i believe) but he's weighing up interest from other clubs that might be closer to a premiership and are in need of his services more. You have him in emergencies, that would be the exact reason why he's considering his options - because he's not guaranteed best 22 next year with King, Sharman, Hammer, Keeler, Heath + potential draftees all vying for spots

Membrey has a one-year offer in front of him from St Kilda (i believe) but he's weighing up interest from other clubs that might be closer to a premiership and are in need of his services more. You have him in emergencies, that would be the exact reason why he's considering his options - because he's not guaranteed best 22 next year with King, Sharman, Hammer, Keeler, Heath + potential draftees all vying for spots
I'd love Membrey to stay but we are doing the right thing only offering him 1 year. If he can get more elsewhere, there would be no resentment seeing him play for someone else.

He came good in the last few games of the year when the season was done and dusted.

Just wish he had of done it in game 1-10 when the season was on the line. There's a fair few others in that boat though.

We can't go into next year with the same starting forward line setup as this season, something has to change.

St Kilda forward Max King on verge of signing monster AFL deal​

Membrey is to us what Macrae is to the dogs, respected and loved with the understanding that he can't really take us any further forward but he'd still be of use to a club in the window who are short of that experienced medium-sized strong marking forward. No one could possibly begrudge him moving on and probably the only difference is we're happy letting him move on for free, whereas the Dogs will try to get maximum value.

All the power is with StKilda in this trade.
They will have plans for his $800k to be redistributed. If they turn awkward about taking our offer, we can just wait till the end of trade period and see who blinks....or they could just accept the 3rd or 4th rounder that we offer and do it early

I know the idea of signing Max King until 2032 is good for business etc...but Jesus, he'd want to get going, get his body right and improve in almost every facet of his game and attitude from next season onwards. He deserved every bit of scrutiny that came his way this year, and I'd say the knives will be extra sharp if he produces and provides next to nothing again. There can be no more excuses.
Time to get it together baby giraffe.

Last edited:
I'd be a bit sorry to see Membrey go. He's been a good player for us, and seemed to have turned the corner form wise once Max was out, and the other forwards got to work and showed what they could do.
Again, I can understand the one year contract Infront of him, he 'ain't getting younger, and his two foot vertical jump had lost a tiny bit of spring, but he was still pretty solid, and handy in attack.
I know that loyalty doesn't account for anything these days in the AFL...but Membrey was one of our very few players that stood out in some pretty lean times, and he's not a dumb footballer. It won't happen, but I'd give him 2 years personally and hope he stays.

If he goes to Dingley though he can F*CK right off, and is dead to me along with that other deadbeat prick.

I know the idea of signing Max King until 2032 is good for business etc...but Jesus, he'd want to get going, get his body right and improve in almost every facet of his game and attitude from next season onwards. He deserved every bit of scrutiny that came his way this year, and I'd say the knives will be extra sharp if he produces and provides next to nothing again. There can be no more excuses.
Time to get it together baby giraffe.
Do we really have to go over this again? No, he didnt deserve every bit of scrutiny at all. People on here are grossly understating how hard it is to bounce back from the type of shoulder reconstruction he had in the off season. Frankly I thought he started the year well by playing higher up the ground but suspension and then his first knee injury started taking a toll. Thats when he started dropping his head and his form really tanked. Also around the time the criticism started to become unending.

Do we really have to go over this again? No, he didnt deserve every bit of scrutiny at all. People on here are grossly understating how hard it is to bounce back from the type of shoulder reconstruction he had in the off season. Frankly I thought he started the year well by playing higher up the ground but suspension and then his first knee injury started taking a toll. Thats when he started dropping his head and his form really tanked. Also around the time the criticism started to become unending.

I believe our biggest problem regarding our forward line has been coaching. Our structure and delivery inside 50 was appalling. It seems to have been turned around late in the season though. I'm looking forward to see what Max can do in a forward line that's functioning better with better delivery. I'm hoping like hell we don't become too Max focused again. We need to use him properly.

Having said that, Max's body language at times leaves a lot to be desired. That's on Him. Compare that to the way Copper Sharman goes about it. Coops in always the first to get around his teammates and pump them up. Regardless of how the game is going, he always seems to be giving 100%.

Max tried the tough guy thing with opponents players for a bit... it didn't work. He doesn't have it in him.

Imo he needs to get out of his own head and just focus on being part of the team. I still think he has it in him to tear games apart but he needs to get his head together.

I can understand the scrutiny Max gets around his body language and sometimes his second efforts (Or though he's not really built for that)

Output wise what he cops is unwarranted for the most part. It was down this year but I reckon that's somewhat understandable and not unusual for a young KF struggling with injuries, team form etc..

He just has to get his body language, second efforts and perceived attitude right. A lot of supporters will tolerate down games that all forwards have if that stuff is holding up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was quite impressed with Max in the first two games of the season, getting shots on the board, getting to many contests. His possessions and marks suggest it too. Felt like that suspension late in the Round 2 game against Collingwood sapped a bit of confidence in him and the round 3 loss to Essendon wouldn't have helped either. He probably thought he let the team down.

As I said in my quote, he needs to get his body right...I've also stated numerous times in posts that he needs to play higher and away from the goal square...No player is immune from criticism, it is a professional sport where guys are played big money to perform.
Max now must uphold his end of the deal, otherwise the criticism that you believe to be unfair, is going to become much louder.

If he goes to Dingley though he can F*CK right off, and is dead to me along with that other deadbeat prick.
He's been an amazing player for us over the years and one of my favourites.
Our one year offer from the club is the right deal, however. And if he accepts a longer deal elsewhere to extend his career I will have absolutely no problem with it.

People leave clubs for different reasons - and this one would be sad, but perfectly understandable

He's been an amazing player for us over the years and one of my favourites.
Our one year offer from the club is the right deal, however. And if he accepts a longer deal elsewhere to extend his career I will have absolutely no problem with it.

People leave clubs for different reasons - and this one would be sad, but perfectly understandable
Agree 100% and I'd wish him well with 16 other teams...even be quietly happy for him if he kicked 40+ goals.
JUST NOT FOR HAWTHORN.

Agree 100% and I'd wish him well with 16 other teams...even be quietly happy for him if he kicked 40+ goals.
JUST NOT FOR HAWTHORN.
I'd forgotten what it is to have a successful Hawthorn around to rub it our faces what we could have been if we'd been luckier, and made better decisions.

I don't hate them like I hate the Dons and Blues, but they piss me off and I want them to taste some of the misery and disappointment we've had, I want them to have the status and reputation we have. Not for 3 or 4 years, dammit - try a couple of generations!

I'd forgotten what it is to have a successful Hawthorn around to rub it our faces what we could have been if we'd been luckier, and made better decisions.

I don't hate them like I hate the Dons and Blues, but they piss me off and I want them to taste some of the misery and disappointment we've had, I want them to have the status and reputation we have. Not for 3 or 4 years, dammit - try a couple of generations!
I'm with you on Carlton and Essendon, but I have Hawthorn up there with them. They're always around to sink a boot in, and seem to get the favour of the AFL to our detriment. Waverley park, our zones, and now Dingley - which may not mean much - but is still yet another crappy act, and a bit like a monkey flinging a turd in our direction knowing that they'll get away with it.

I'm with you on Carlton and Essendon, but I have Hawthorn up there with them. They're always around to sink a boot in, and seem to get the favour of the AFL to our detriment. Waverley park, our zones, and now Dingley - which may not mean much - but is still yet another crappy act, and a bit like a monkey flinging a turd in our direction knowing that they'll get away with it.

They're enemy number 1 for me now. Loathe the club with a passion

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back