List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Is slipping over constantly a sign of fatigue? We did it a lot on Sunday
Yes, surprisingly. Balance and those first few explosive steps are great measures. Stabilisers failing on that first push off and just slipping was a sign we've used in grade cricket :D. Unfit blokes slip more often turning for the second than the uber fits.... Different sport different surface but yeah best example I could think of quickly.

Yes, surprisingly. Balance and those first few explosive steps are great measures. Stabilisers failing on that first push off and just slipping was a sign we've used in grade cricket :D. Unfit blokes slip more often turning for the second than the uber fits.... Different sport different surface but yeah best example I could think of quickly.
Thought it might have been screw ins v moulded soles

Club took a gamble on an array of injury prone list cloggers to finally get their bodies right and it didn't come off.

Pies took a gamble on going again and picking up Schultz last off season... It didn't come off... Are they a joke club because of that?
The fault is more than recruiting injury prone players. Compare Hawthorn's recruitment of connor stone, newcombe, meek, moore and d'ambrosio to the talentless cohort delivered by Austin

Desperately need a Jack Martin/Hayward/Hoskin Elliot/1AW type in the side. I would try Acres in this roleat half forward this week with Walsh/Binns on the wing
We might have to if his shoulder is playing up.

The fault is more than recruiting injury prone players. Compare Hawthorn's recruitment of connor stone, newcombe, meek, moore and d'ambrosio to the talentless cohort delivered by Austin
Meanwhile they came up donuts with multiple top 10 picks like Ward and Mackenzie... Austin has plenty of hits, and some misses. Our issue is list balance not the amount of talent we have on the park.

I look at our List like this. This is the "Core" of a very good side:

B: Docherty .......... McGovern
HB: Cowan Weiteirng Saad
C: Acres Cripps ........
HF: Elijah McKay .........
F: Silvagni Curnow ........
Foll: TDK Cerra Walsh
Int: Newman Kennedy

The question is how many players can step up and fill those holes and deliver more than just being role players?
Are names like Newman Williams Saad Hewett going to get any better?
How Moir O'Keefe Lemmey Wilson Lord Binns come on will influence a lot of what we do?
Can Ollie J.Carroll Motlop Boyd Cincotta Kemp C.Durdin go to the next level?

We also need to add depth and options to all spots along with good standards in leg speed and ball use

IMO we at a real cross roads that could deliever us a flag or 10 years of more average football. Names like Marchbank Cuningham Martin S.Durdin Akuei Young Fantasia need to go. They have had enough chances and will not improve us
This is why I sometimes disagree with your view of desperately needing to go to the draft with multiple early picks.

That is a very good core and I agree with the spots you have left off, come this off season we have currency to go out and fill two of those spots with AFL ready and players.

Whether itā€™s by using a 1st rounder on each or a 2nd, Iā€™m not fussed but I donā€™t see us filling those spots with draftees as helping push for a premiership next year.

If we are not pushing for a premiership next year, then we should be more aggressive list wise, as you pointed out, we have a good amount of players who arenā€™t getting better or past their best.

This is why I sometimes disagree with your view of desperately needing to go to the draft with multiple early picks.

That is a very good core and I agree with the spots you have left off, come this off season we have currency to go out and fill two of those spots with AFL ready and players.

Whether itā€™s by using a 1st rounder on each or a 2nd, Iā€™m not fussed but I donā€™t see us filling those spots with draftees as helping push for a premiership next year.

If we are not pushing for a premiership next year, then we should be more aggressive list wise, as you pointed out, we have a good amount of players who arenā€™t getting better or past their best.

I think draftees can really help us next year and the next ten. It's a balance between those areas. Many frst year players have stepped up year one and it's the best way to get elite talent. IMO part of the reason our list is unbalanced is we haven't done the draft well over last few years

IMO we don't need to trade first round picks for players if we are smart

Go to the draft with a Pick 8 and maybe Pick 14 (trading future picks) plus Campo kids and another 1 or 2 picks which could be rookies is the way to go. Will add a lot of energy

FA's like Haynes and cheap deals like Garcia Ryan or Stone is then the way to go. Like we did with Acres & Elijah

Is there another Jack Bowes deal around? So many options

As I have said the key then is will names Wilson Moir Ollie Kemp Lord Cowan O'Keefe Motlop Binns step up next year? If some do then IMO this is easily the best strategy. It will also allow us to bank some money for a FA or two next year

Last edited:
goal kicking mids - our mids dont kick goals from the midfield

high footy iq forwards - we have the lowest footy IQ forward line in quite possibly the history of the AFL.

a KPD so Wietering doesnt have to play the lockdown defender role.
Why are we not going hard for Barass I wonder, huge price tag that we canā€™t absorb?

Liam Ryan would be amazing for a forward acquisition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we not going hard for Barass I wonder, huge price tag that we canā€™t absorb?

Liam Ryan would be amazing for a forward acquisition.
Barass is also 29 in October and will be costly he is contracted till 27 at West Coast, for the cost involved would much rather look at other options, still believe mid field speed & a medium forward will be the game changer for us.
West Coast will be seeking at least one 1st round pick.

Reading a lot of draft reports on the Camporeale kids.

Many seem to rate Ben anywhere between Pick 20 to very late
Lucas seems to be very late to rookie

I have watched a bit of them and Ben to me especially looks very good. Good skills, good in close and seems a good decision maker. Good runner as well. Maybe not as flashy as others but very effective

Lucas a bit the same. Not a classic left footer but effective. Can really cover the ground

What I like is both work hard and find the ball. If we get them for anything after Pick 30 & 50 we have a bargain IMO

I think Liam Ryan would fill a need. But again, heā€™s a little on the injury prone side so not sure.

Sam wicks, would he be worth a shot?

Whom ever we target, imo must have that point of difference to what we already have.
I donā€™t believe we need to much to see big change in how we play

I think Liam Ryan would fill a need. But again, heā€™s a little on the injury prone side so not sure.

Sam wicks, would he be worth a shot?

Whom ever we target, imo must have that point of difference to what we already have.
I donā€™t believe we need to much to see big change in how we play

Another good player I would look at and we could get cheap

I have watched a bit of them and Ben to me especially looks very good. Good skills, good in close and seems a good decision maker. Good runner as well. Maybe not as flashy as others but very effective

Lucas a bit the same. Not a classic left footer but effective. Can really cover the ground

What I like is both work hard and find the ball. If we get them for anything after Pick 30 & 50 we have a bargain IMO
Any chance of us being able to use our first and second round picks before taking them? Or do you think that is too optimistic despite some of the late picks we were able to bring in from last trade period.

This is why I think we're in good shape long term. When you add Cody Walker in two years a midfield of TDK, Walsh, Cerra, Walker, Ben Camporeale, Lucas Camporeale is a great starting point. Just need to get Walsh and Cerra fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back