List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

More trades like Blacres, Hewett please..... guys who are best 22 at current club but are getting squeezed out by salary cap/team balance. (Elijah Hollands trade also a masterstroke, but we got lucky there on price).

None of this 2 x firsts rubbish. Players rarely end up worth the price.... Especially not for a 27yo. That's what free agency is for.
I definitely wouldn't entertain 2 first picks for him...
Maybe a early 20's if we had it.

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hun

Moneyball: Carlton keeping fringe forward Matthew Owies in the dark on new deal, out of Houston race​

This makes NO sense to me at all and is against everyting I have been told

"Carlton small forward Jack Martin is also set to receive a contract offer and while suitors had been keen on him he has broken down in two of the three games he has played this year"

So, because of injury no one else is now interested and we will give him another year? I'm calling BS on this

"Carlton small forward Jack Martin is also set to receive a contract offer and while suitors had been keen on him he has broken down in two of the three games he has played this year"

So, because of injury no one else is now interested and we will give him another year? I'm calling BS on this
Pretty sure the author meant to write "yet" instead of "set".

I'd do the Petracca for Cerra deal in a heartbeat. Cerra offers us nothing we don't have covered and Trac is elite. Now Cerra is Hammy prone before he's 25, I'd be even more keen TBH.

This is how I see our list;

OTT - Open To Trade (on the table)
TFRP - Trade For Right Price (Not on the table but open to VG offers)

No# Name Contract Exp. Priority
3 Jesse Motlop 2025 OTT
5 Adam Cerra 2025 OTT
11 Mitch McGovern 2025 OTT
14 Orazio Fantasia 2025 OTT
16 Jack Carroll 2024 OTT
21 Jack Martin 2024 TFRP
22 Caleb Marchbank 2024 DELIST
24 Nic Newman 2025 OTT
27 Marc Pittonet 2027 TFRP
28 David Cuningham 2024 DELIST
31 Harry Lemmey 2025 TFRP
32 Matthew Carroll 2024? DELIST
37 Jordan Boyd 2026 OTT
38 Sam Durdin 2024 DELIST
41 Domanic Akuei 2024 DELIST
44 Matt Owies 2024 TFRP
45 Alex Mirkov 2024 OTT
Who havenā€™t you left off that list bit over the top

Yeah, I really think it's a typo.
'Set' doesn't make sense in the context of the rest of the sentence, or the previous sentence. I'm sure it's meant to be a 'yet' with a Y, not an S.

we give a no name player a chance

He develops nicely ā€¦averaging 1.24 goals a game over last 2 years

but delay contract talks

Other players prove useless ā€¦give multiple year contracts

Never change blues
I'd rather keep Owies than Motlop....missing 20mts out straight in front when we need it.... doesn't chase / defend...

I'd rather keep Owies than Motlop....missing 20mts out straight in front when we need it.... doesn't chase / defend...

Iā€™d rather keep both if we can. I think Motlop will get better. Heā€™s still young and showing good signs. Might need a bit of discipline in terms of applying forward pressure?

Durdin had a good game last week but heā€™s starting to become an injury concernā€¦..shoulders are always heavily strapped . šŸ™

Hope weā€™re not going to pay the 2x first rounders that the media are saying Port want..

I think our first and second round picks this draft may well be enough and Port could combine those with other picks to get into the Top 10 this season and pick up a very good player

We probably have enough 3rd and 4th round picks to match bids for Ben and Lucas (and he could be rookie draft anyway)

That would leave our future picks for any other possible trades

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Houston to me is a big yes. Not for 2x firsts, he's a HBF who averages 23 touches the last 3 yrs and 20 for his career. He's an elite, elite kick so that's his value, but flankers who average low 20s don't get 2x firsts. Especially flankers in their late 20s.

I'd do 1x first & future 2nd for Houston and a future 3rd. Given we have some NGA stuff going on next yr the swap of 2nd for 3rd round picks may not be a big deal for us, but could be for them (I must admit I'm not fully across the new bidding system so am not sure if 3rd picks have the same value they once did, but assuming they do still have some value that's the deal I'd be ok with). To be honest I feel like 1x first (around pick 10) is enough straight up, but he is contracted so maybe Port play hard ball.

Do we need another HBF? Probably not. But what we do need, desperately, is elite ball users, and they don't get much more elite than Houston, so it's one I'd pull the trigger on. Also, he's dependable physically and doesn't get injured. Another big need for us.
You have my vote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™d rather keep both if we can. I think Motlop will get better. Heā€™s still young and showing good signs. Might need a bit of discipline in terms of applying forward pressure?

Durdin had a good game last week but heā€™s starting to become an injury concernā€¦..shoulders are always heavily strapped . šŸ™

He was good on weekend. Did his job. 9 score involvements. Voss apparently praised him after the game.

Need to remember that Jesse is only 20 and missed a big chunk or football, training at start of the year.

Needs a clear run at it and a big pre season. IMO the most talented of our small forwards

He was good on weekend. Did his job. 9 score involvements. Voss apparently praised him after the game.

Need to remember that Jesse is only 20 and missed a big chunk or football, training at start of the year.

Needs a clear run at it and a big pre season. IMO the most talented of our small forwards

I agree.
Only had 4 score involvements, not 9 though

Agree. I thought he was good too.

I was sort of saying that even if he did lack defensive discipline he has time as heā€™s young.

Personally I think his trajectory is fine.

I'm not sure Charlie has the discipline to play as a defender full time.

Like how TDK tried to take mark of the year every match for about three years. Some guys are just wired for excitement over reliable dourness.
Me either but I do think he'd be better back there than Harry who (IMO) is more a straight line footballer.

If we're using missed goals as the measure, running into an open goal against the Crows was worse...
Also didn't make the distance from 40 odd in that same game against the Filth.

Motlop is more talented, and really showed it through the second half of last year.
Unfortunately, injury has ruined his 2024.
There's also the fact that Owies is nearly 7 years older.

If we're using missed goals as the measure, running into an open goal against the Crows was worse...
Also didn't make the distance from 40 odd in that same game against the Filth.

Motlop is more talented, and really showed it through the second half of last year.
Unfortunately, injury has ruined his 2024.
There's also the fact that Owies is nearly 7 years older.

I thought that the better ball use and mobile forward line really benefited our smalls.

Durdin Motlop Owies Williams Fogarty can all play. They can be a very dangerous group if used properly.

The way we have delivered it forward this year to our talls has made their jobs ridiculously hard. They need space and the ball on the ground. Reminded me a lot of Tigers in their flag seasons. Chaos ball into fwd 50

I thought that the better ball use and mobile forward line really benefited our smalls.

Durdin Motlop Owies Williams Fogarty can all play. They can be a very dangerous group if used properly.

The way we have delivered it forward this year to our talls has made their jobs ridiculously hard. They need space and the ball on the ground

Yeah, we haven't helped them.
Although, a lot of the time they haven't helped themselves.
Some of the smalls' positioning around the packs, and the feet of our talls has been really poor. Way too many crumbs get swallowed up by the oppo backs compared to our forwards.

And I guess that is a general criticism of Owies.
Although I think he has been better at it this year, his small forward craft is a weakness. He plays more like a medium forward, and creates most of his goals by finding space. Which is very clever, but probably not our biggest need from a player in that spot.

Yeah, we haven't helped them.
Although, a lot of the time they haven't helped themselves.
Some of the smalls' positioning around the packs, and the feet of our talls has been really poor. Way too many crumbs get swallowed up by the oppo backs compared to our forwards.

And I guess that is a general criticism of Owies.
Although I think he has been better at it this year, his small forward craft is a weakness. He plays more like a medium forward, and creates most of his goals by finding space. Which is very clever, but probably not our biggest need from a player in that spot.

Issue I see is we are preditcable and go long to talls. Watch the opposition and they swarm that area. It's congested. Makes it hard for smalls. IMO they get to right spots they just have no room to move

I just hope we keep using it like we did last Sunday. It's the first time this year we have moved the ball like that

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back