List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I do - and not because Petracca isn't a better player. I rank him as a top 5 player in the comp the last few years but we need a second KPF more than him. You cannot have a forward line headed by Curnow alone
TDK could play second fiddle, Lemmey could play second with Jack 3rd if we go mono-ruck

I know Lemmey is unproven and needs time but Collingwood have done absolutely fine with Mihochek at FF, I think we can do just fine with Charlie at FF and no McKay. We’ve had plenty of strong wins with just Charlie.

I get your point and I absolutely love McKay but I do think our team is easily better if we get Petracca in

Melbourne will hang on to him and make him see reason. 4 years left on that deal and what they’d demand for him in the first place in collateral is too much and a kings ransom I’m sure.

In saying that, he changes our midfield dynamic immediately and makes us incredible, especially with how impactful he can be up forward whilst resting. He will remain a pipe dream for most of us and be a Dee for a while yet imo

TDK could play second fiddle, Lemmey could play second with Jack 3rd if we go mono-ruck

I know Lemmey is unproven and needs time but Collingwood have done absolutely fine with Mihochek at FF, I think we can do just fine with Charlie at FF and no McKay. We’ve had plenty of strong wins with just Charlie.

I get your point and I absolutely love McKay but I do think our team is easily better if we get Petracca in
By the time Lemmey develops into a forward half as good as McKay Petracca will be 32-33 and the premiership window will be well gone. Mihocek at FF can work if you have an array of elite medium- and small-sized forwards which ours aren't at this point. Look at Pies this season when their small/mid-sized forwards dropped off - massive difference.

If you wanted Petracca it would involve Cerra if earlier reports of Melbourne being interested in him are correct. Cerra and probably a few picks. He's a top shelf player. Petracca would be an awesome get as he would be an upgrade on a few regulars in a big way, gives us burst speed and a forward rotation.

Granted he doesn't add a great deal to our issues with pressure and closing speed on opposition players. That's another issue.

By the time Lemmey develops into a forward half as good as McKay Petracca will be 32-33 and the premiership window will be well gone. Mihocek at FF can work if you have an array of elite medium- and small-sized forwards which ours aren't at this point. Look at Pies this season when their small/mid-sized forwards dropped off - massive difference.
That’s true!

Though, if we nabbed Liam Ryan (which is plausible) we could line up like

Ryan, Curnow, Williams
Martin, Silvagni, Fogarty

Which I’d be comfortable with, if we had Petracca

I guess even:
Owies/Durdin/Motlop, Curnow, Williams
Martin, Silvagni, Fogarty

Is not bad at all

If you wanted Petracca it would involve Cerra if earlier reports of Melbourne being interested in him are correct. Cerra and probably a few picks. He's a top shelf player. Petracca would be an awesome get as he would be an upgrade on a few regulars in a big way, gives us burst speed and a forward rotation.

Granted he doesn't add a great deal to our issues with pressure and closing speed on opposition players. That's another issue.
Cerra + F2 in a heartbeat

Our midfields already unstoppable when they're on song. It's when the opposition get the ball that we get absolutely torched to smitherines which is our issue.

Petracca isn't going to help with that.

We need to address our outside run and ball use more than we need Petracca.
This is all hypothetical…can’t see it happening.

I agree some better role players also of need and that will also improve us.

We do need a KPD as well.

But I think Petrarca and Cripps in the same midfield would be total domination. I’m not sure there is a midfield that could stand up to that.

Melbourne is close to rebuild mode. Gawn is 33. May and Lever getting on. Oliver and Viney are not getting any better. Interesting times

That is why I am calling for Austin to be sacked. How does the recruitment of Lord, another defensive mid help us, when we require pace, 3rd fwd (mcmahon) or KPD?
Give the Austin harpooning a rest.

We all hear your allegiance and repetitively boring arguments on this.

There’s mores to our whole list management than just Austin’s time in the seat.

Anyway off to get a dim sim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give the Austin harpooning a rest.

We all hear your allegiance and repetitively boring arguments on this.

There’s mores to our whole list management than just Austin’s time in the seat.

Anyway off to get a dim sim.
My point is the club and supporter base iare in denial. It is the 30 year focus on harpooning the coach that needs to be given a rest. Time to start laying blame at the feet of those responsible: Austin, Russel and Sayers

“and now welcoming to the stage, your TWO time norm smith medalist - Christian Petracca!!!”

If we had Petracca we win 3 flags in a row

Just do it campaigner

Cerra and whatever Melbourne want out
Petracca in
TDK
Cripps
Petracca
Walsh

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Why in the hell would we do that? We need to address the role players around the ground not our superstar players
Totally agree. We have the players in the side to play around, but we don't have those players.

2 onballers with pace who use it to apply pressure, tackle and can win their own ball. Mow down a few opposition ball carriers. Swoop on the loose ball. Replace Kennedy and Hewett.

1 CHB. Macreadie didn't make it. McDonald didn't make it. Jones left. Marchbank hasn't made it. Durdin... Our failures in this department are mounting.

2-3 forwards. A medium marking target. It's not Matin, he's done. Silvagni? Moir... Ok we're struggling now. Durdin, Fogarty, Cottrell and Cuningham aren't real forwards. Motlop is struggling with the running of AFL football. What have we got? Where is our pressure, smarts, fast small and medium forwards? We haven't got them. E Hollands is more of a developing midfielder than a forward.

Our core players aren't the issue. They are burnt out. Cripps carries the side. Walsh copps the attention because he's the token onballer with pace. He's also been busting his arse trying to use his pace to apply pressure lately. While everyone else just stands there. He's burnt out. Curnow has been injured a lot of the year. McKay has been really good but our big forwards don't get delivery. Taking a lot of pack marks. Weitering hasn't had the best season but he's still a top shelf player. Our good players aren't the issues. 100%.

No, what's laughable is that many other clubs have rebuilt several times since the salary cap penalties and won premierships.
We've done ** all except totally ** every single ****ing rebuild we've had.

But hey let's just plod along and **** another one up.

****in laughable.
So what you are saying is let’s go for another rebuild so we can **** it up again
Trading Walsh is laughable and whoever wants that do not understand football simple

Melbourne is close to rebuild mode. Gawn is 33. May and Lever getting on. Oliver and Viney are not getting any better. Interesting times
It's a good point. See which direction they will go. The big question is, what would Geelong do?

Keep them, look after them, see if the can't squeeze another flag out of them in the last few seasons.

I like how the Cats rebuild. They keep their cream. Don't say no to trading for mature player. Trade their Fogarty, Lang types to clubs who over rate them and will pay for them.

Melbourne are like us. If they can have a good run recruiting for a bit they are right back in this.

That is why I am calling for Austin to be sacked. How does the recruitment of Lord, another defensive mid help us, when we require pace, 3rd fwd (mcmahon) or KPD?

Austin doesn’t sign this off himself - that’s in Brad Lloyd’s purview- if anyone should have the blowtorch applied it’s him.

Never said "do it", just put it out there......I'd rather hold onto the two pronged attack and "loose " a midfielder in a trade, so in that case Cerra is in play, as are Kennedy and lesser likes such as O Hollands and Binns

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back