List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

We are in denial, alright. We play a game style that's too hard on the players yet don't have anywhere near the 'cattle' to play any other way. We need to replenish the list and maybe the only way to do that would be to trade at least one big name. No one will like who I, personally, have in mind because it's the most backwards to go forward suggestion you could make apart from Cripps.
You should be complimented for your lateral thinking, it is the direct honesty, lacking in the group think of supporter forums. As painful as it would be, 2 top 10s for a 30 yo Cripps is not the worst idea

Goodwin goes before petracca
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

I would like us to take a look at sam wicks from Sydney. On the outer there, has genuine speed and pressure as a small forward. Also wouldn't mind Ladhams (it we move on from Pitto which we should) and konstanty from the swans either.

You should be complimented for your lateral thinking, it is the direct honesty, lacking in the group think of supporter forums. As painful as it would be, 2 top 10s for a 30 yo Cripps is not the worst idea
Yes, I simply don't think singularly focusing on our most obvious needs, and not trading anyone of value, is going to bring us what we seek. I think that'll only work as a momentary refresher while our depth continues to get pushed to the margins or drops away due to age, etc. I think we need a 2015esque booster shot of young talent. We need extra talent on virtually every line to make those that are up to the task stand taller whilst the ones who aren't are shipped out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like us to take a look at sam wicks from Sydney. On the outer there, has genuine speed and pressure as a small forward. Also wouldn't mind Ladhams (it we move on from Pitto which we should) and konstanty from the swans either.
Ladhams could be the worst ruckman in the comp. His performance against Port was one of the worst games I’ve ever seen from an AFL player

Two top 3 picks and I would consider it. Anything outside the top 2 is speculative. We don’t have a deep enough pool of talent every year to find generational players.

Ladhams could be the worst ruckman in the comp. His performance against Port was one of the worst games I’ve ever seen from an AFL player
Did you see Pitto against the hawks? That's the worst performance I've seen for a ruck in person. Did not work for his team mates and his tackle stats since he has been back in the team are beyond a joke.

Yes I do - and not because Petracca isn't a better player. I rank him as a top 5 player in the comp the last few years but we need a second KPF more than him. You cannot have a forward line headed by Curnow alone
Why not though? Pies win a flag with what forwards exactly? I watched the Hawks destroy us with Chol as their one key forward.

Sydney has Amartey with McDonald playing down back, Port with Dixon, Esava, Freo with only really Amis.

The Charlie, McKay combo doesn’t win us as many games as I thought it would, games are win in midfield.

Why not though? Pies win a flag with what forwards exactly? I watched the Hawks destroy us with Chol as their one key forward.

Sydney has Amartey with McDonald playing down back, Port with Dixon, Esava, Freo with only really Amis.

The Charlie, McKay combo doesn’t win us as many games as I thought it would, games are win in midfield.
Carlton are the second-highest scoring team in the competition in 2024 - our key forwards are doing their job. Team defence has just been way off this season.

Last edited:
If we are getting the Camporeale brothers down the draft order then hopefully we can use our higher picks for some solid, star talent.

Possible Trades - C Durdin, Owies, J Carroll
Delist - Marchbank, Young, Cuningham, Martin, S Durdin, Akuie, Mirkov
Young got a long contact signed for another 2 years untill end of 2026 you either keep him or trade.Silvagni would be payed off before him being his contract end 2025 or Orazio Fantasia if you need to pay out a player like Lochie O'Brien.
Newman, Docherty,Saad,Motlop, Hewitt, Kemp and McGovern will not be if that the case using a player contracted. Wilson. Lord, Monahan and Lemmy need time. De Koning and Weitering will be most important to sign after 2025. Cincotta and Cerra may be traded if clubs wanted who are signed for 2025.

Possible Trades out but kept - Yet to be contracted C Durdin, M. Owies, J Carroll Contracted A. Cerra, M Cottrell, A Cincotta, J. Silvagni (If club wanted him)
Delist - Marchbank, Cuningham, Martin, Orazio Fantasia (2025 paid out then it J. Silvagni) S Durdin, Akuie, Mirkov rookies gone.

My understanding we have 1 extra player with Lord on our list. We need to delist minimum 4 players to have 3 selected for draft. I would think we use 4 picks so that 5 moved on. We even need 6 moved on if we take a free agent like Nick Haynes. The thing im not certain does it have to be 6 seniors or rookies or Cat B Rookie like Akuie included?

Walsh, Saad, Harry... these are players you keep around.

Players like Owies, Motlop, Kemp, Kennedy/Hewett etc are the types you trade if you need to reshuffle the list

Even if we were to trade Walsh we aren't getting anything better via the draft, nobody even close. And we certainly wouldn't all of the sudden not be slow anymore by trading our fastest midfielder.
Yes but you probably need one of a Kennedy or Hewitt but you won't get much of a return just a later pick to combine with your pick to a pick lower. Owies, Motlop, Kemp, Cincotta, Cottrell will get something maybe even Jack Silvagni but no pick special. I am not sure with Marc Pittonent as his contract and pay might be overs for others to take on.

Have heard we'll ask the question on Rachele.

Vic country boy who trained at Carlton and was a diehard bagger prior to being drafted.

Has a long term contract with the Crows BUT... if they're themselves after a contracted Jack Lukosious AND Clayton Oliver therein may present an opportunity.
I’ve been hoping this might be the case. Geez I hope we can make it happen.
He’s exactly what we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back