List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

We spent YEARS on this forum bemoaning the fact we had no choice but to play Plowman on the small, fast types like Greene and C. Cameron, and then we have one of the best small defenders in the league with the ability to break lines with the best and we're calling to trade him? I understand the salary concerns but Saad is one of the only guys who shows up each week and you know what you're getting, one of the only guys who never loses his feet or fumbles when the heat is on. He is so important to us playing our best footy, we CANNOT trade him.
He is good on the run but fail to defend at time. He turns 31 next year so time running out for him we better pull something out next year and definitely 2026 as like others 30 plus it going go downhill like Richmond premiership players. Full Back and Full Forward could play until 33 and even up to 35. Speedy halfbacks are usually mid 20s and run out of speed and form after early 30 only Kade Simpson type last longer but are rare. The Midfielder best years are between 23-28 once they hit 30 or 31 most have slowed down or finished some just before 30 only greats and players never had bad injuries play up to 33 or 35 and rare freaks like Scott Pendlebury to 37 or 38.

So what you are saying is let’s go for another rebuild so we can **** it up again
Trading Walsh is laughable and whoever wants that do not understand football simple
The point is that all the players that people want to trade will get us a late 2nd at best.
The eg of Walsh was just a hypothetical to illustrate that we need to trade quality to get quality, not bring in 3rd round picks that will achieve **** all.

Since the draft fiasco Sydney have rebuilt several times and won 2 premierships from 6 grand finals.
Geelong, 4 premierships from 6 grand finals.
Collingwood, 2 premierships from 6 grand finals.
Richmond, 3 premierships from 3 grand finals.
Melbourne, 1 premiership from one grand final.
Bulldogs, 1 premiership from 2 grand finals.
West Coast, 2 premierships from 4 grand finals.
Hawthorn, 4 premierships from 4 grand finals.
St Kilda, 0 from 2 grand finals.
Fremantle 1 failed attempt.
Brisbane 1 failed attempt. Their 3 peat excluded because they were strong at the start of the time frame.

All of those clubs have struggled at some point during that period.
Dockers were a rabble at the time of the penalties. Eagles have dipped at least twice.
Hawthorn have passed us yet again.

But hey, will just hold all our picks and all our players and we'll be right because we're Carlton, hey bloke?
We'll be right hey, 'cos we've won 16 of 'em before hey, and we got lots money, hey bloke.
Yeah onya mate.

I want Mirkov to play against West Coast.

Played his best Ressies game on Saturday, Pitto is struggling. We are about to make some monumental list management decisions, time to get a realistic assessment as to where Mirkov sits.

If Mirk proves up to it, we may be in a position to field offers for Pitto. We have O’Keeffe likely ready after another pre season, with Young and potentially Lemmey as pinch hitters.

Providing he re-signs, TDK is our number one for the foreseeable future. It is an even draft with decent prospects to fifty or even sixty depending on needs. Draft capital will be critical.

We need to come out of the draft with a quality running mid or half back with quality ball use, we also need a bankable, quick small forward, and we absolutely need one or even two developing key position players.

Mirkov can be a cheap cog for the future, he can be a list clogger or he can be delisted. Let’s get a fair dinkum assessment. West Coast has an average ruck group, Mirk whould have the chance to shine. He has been building in the back half of the VFL season, enough that he could be a viable prospect. I would have used him but unfortunate the interstate trip might be a hard way to debut that why i think Lemmy will make his debut if our main forward are out. They rather use Lewis Young and Mcgovern their and bring Marchbank back at the backline after recovering from a sneeze that got the poor bloke injured lol

Petracca hey?

We need to remove 1 or 2 million dollar a season players, not add to them!

Mckay
Charlie
Cripps
Walsh
Weitering
TDK
Williams
Petracca

Doesn’t leave much money for the rest of the team

We are in denial, alright. We play a game style that's too hard on the players yet don't have anywhere near the 'cattle' to play any other way. We need to replenish the list and maybe the only way to do that would be to trade at least one big name. No one will like who I, personally, have in mind because it's the most backwards to go forward suggestion you could make apart from Cripps.
Cripps back home for Reid! LOL

How are we back to McKay trade talks? There isn't a player that has kicked as many goals as him that has had as much impact up the ground in the competition. His contested marking is elite, has put a lot of work into his kicking which has improved out of sight and he has been decent cover in the ruck. For his size he is also very quick and provides some good forward pressure. Had a terrific year - arguably a career best year! He is untouchable imo
Trading Mckay you win shit without forwards he is one player that can take Marks all over the ground. He does more than Curnow over the ground when Curnow having a bad day he is like a Greek Statue. We need both and we need smarter midfielders that kick the ball to our forward well not poor.

I want Mirkov to play against West Coast.

I’ve been Mirkov’s hardest critic but even I’ll concede Pittonet is unplayable at the moment. Of all the changes we may be required to make this week this one is at least the most like-for-like. Also he played very well last weekend so there is some merit to his selection especially with Pittonet being in so much bad form.

IMO Pittonet has made his way onto the trade table with his poor performances over the last 6 weeks. He had proven himself to be nothing more than a backup ruckman at best so if a club comes knocking we should be prepared to trade him. He is contracted so we should be able to get some trade value for him.

We don't need to trade the cream players. Hard enough to find them. We just thrashed by a side that has appeared to have no trouble finding players later in the draft and through other means.

We all have no faith in our recruiting team finding players outside the first round (or even in the first round). It's showing more and more that that is the case.

Same recruiting team pretty much for 10 years. Just a change of head.

It's time to start point the fingers at the source. If there is a bunch of teams doing better than them they need to go.

Sadly we have had to get a bunch of players from other clubs to climb the ladder. Our team is built from early picks who anyone could draft and trades.

This is the problem with our team.

Look at our midfield. They are all obvious early draft picks or traded in from other clubs. The amount of early picks spent on midfielders who didn't turn out is horrific at Carlton.

Spot on. Call it Agresta'd Development.

Brad Lloyd too.

what do you guys see with Mirkov?

I see someone other than Pittoful.

Anything is better than that even someone who comes in and shows they're nowhere near it but has a fair and honest crack.

Ch9 reporting Petracca not happy and wanting a trade
Melbourne saying they won’t trade

(Edited for clarity and accuracy): I really feel for Petracca. He's not allowed to get his heart rate at 110. To put it into perspective 60 to 100 (resting) is considered normal for an adult. This long after injury? I wouldn't be surprised if they've ruined his career. At least he's contracted and on guaranteed money. I'd be absolutely livid with my club too if it were me.

If Charlie's been carrying this injury since the beginning of the year. Why didn't we pick up McMahon in the mid season draft when we had a selection?

The club - rightly or wrongly - took a much longer-term ideology than the second half of this year. They view Lord as someone who may be on the list for a decade.

We could have taken another selection but... we know what happened there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the issues plaguing this list won't be saved until the way Voss is managing players, rotating players and where he plays players in this brutally over exerting game plan changes. Oh and the brutal gameplan requiring over exertion also needs to change.

The reviews gonna be funny. Vossy they did it your way for the first half of last year and all of this year. They did it the players way and went simpler after camp Curnow you said it yourself you sort of stepped back. Voss pushing this game plan - we look shit unless the teams insanely fit. Players 'removing some layers and "just playing"' - we win with so many injuries and having to use 35 players in that span.....

Reduce the ****ing load on the players and suddenly Cerra is 2nd in the bnf and **** even marchbank and Cuningham performed.

I really feel for Petracca. He's not allowed to get his blood rate at 110. To put it into perspective 110/70 is considered normal for an adult. This long after injury? I wouldn't be surprised if they've ruined his career. At least he's contracted and on guaranteed money. I'd be absolutely livid with my club too if it were me.
Where did you hear this? It's this career threatening?

Like it or not Ollie isn't going anywhere while Elijah is here. That said I was a huge advocate of Ollie in his draft year and still believe he'll come good with some added pre seasons. Tries his guts out that kid, just needs to bulk up a lot and tidy up some parts of his game
He will struggle to put any muscle on ever if the running demands set by Voss gameplan don't change. The new HP manager will try his best but you can't ask someone to be running, at the pace Ollie does, and put on much muscle/ weight. Very few have ever had that ability. Scully was one and he went very early and had huge league wide expectations because of that.

All the issues plaguing this list won't be saved until the way Voss is managing players, rotating players and where he plays players in this brutally over exerting game plan changes. Oh and the brutal gameplan requiring over exertion also needs to change.

The reviews gonna be funny. Vossy they did it your way for the first half of last year and all of this year. They did it the players way and went simpler after camp Curnow you said it yourself you sort of stepped back. Voss pushing this game plan - we look shit unless the teams insanely fit. Players 'removing some layers and "just playing"' - we win with so many injuries and having to use 35 players in that span.....

Reduce the *ing load on the players and suddenly Cerra is 2nd in the bnf and * even marchbank and Cuningham performed.
So much reality here. It will bring plenty of push back from the go harder, bring your mouth guards group on here insinuating cooked players are soft and non committal.

I don’t like to dump on Vossy as he has some excellent attributes, but he is just so one dimensional. We reach the business end of the season and the list is cooked, until MV changes or leaves, it will be rinse and repeat. Russell has fallen on his sword, but any conditioner is doomed to fail with the parameters our game plan dictate.

Similarly our recruiters are tasked with giving coaches what they request. I like Cooper Lord, but he is clearly giving Voss another high volume tackling machine, as opposed to a runner or distributor, or a key position type. We spend chump change on small/medium pressure forwards while other clubs load up in them via trade and draft with spectacular success.

Yes Vossy, the game starts at contest, but it doesn’t finish there.

Who do you have in mind horsey?
Let's see.🤔

I could joke about bundling up our injury prone, but we'd need to offer someome they really need
Who would that be? Plus picks of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back