List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Can they not get near it because they arenā€™t up to it or game style doesnā€™t allow it?

I don't think Durdin is up to it.

Williams is 50/50 game style and his decision making is poor.

Deck chairs for the past 24 years.
Other clubs show us up.
Look at Hawthorn FFS!
Weitering
Cripps
Harry
Charlie
Williams
Tdk

Carlton love paying players a ton of coin leaving not as much to spread evenly for others.

Youā€™ve raise the Hawks. I canā€™t find a player on their list that would be commanding a million plus.

Until Carlton get a much more even spread of players paid, we will continue to see not a consistent playing group.

Talk of players taking less sounds great an all but if they really want to take less and want a premiership, players need to drop from 1 million down to around 600-700k so we can add better players.

Letā€™s be honest, getting paid 600k a year is plenty. Taking a million especially when thereā€™s 6 or 7 in a playing list close to that only impacts having a champion team, rather than a team of champions

Who gave Durdin a contract until 2026? Better bloody be heavily incentive based. Too often he goes absolutely missing.

Need Motlop to take that next step or bring in a genuine small/mid forward, bring in a KPD, and Cerra to stay fit or bring in another fast mid and we're laughing.
God I hope we pick up Berry in the draft

Can they not get near it because they arenā€™t up to it or game style doesnā€™t allow it?
l would not blame the game style as a reason for Corey Durdin, he has been carried and is a non contributor, our small forwards are simply not at the level required.
Williams came on a big contract, l don't see him getting any better now.

Weitering
Cripps
Harry
Charlie
Williams
Tdk

Carlton love paying players a ton of coin leaving not as much to spread evenly for others.

Youā€™ve raise the Hawks. I canā€™t find a player on their list that would be commanding a million plus.

Until Carlton get a much more even spread of players paid, we will continue to see not a consistent playing group.

Talk of players taking less sounds great an all but if they really want to take less and want a premiership, players need to drop from 1 million down to around 600-700k so we can add better players.

Letā€™s be honest, getting paid 600k a year is plenty. Taking a million especially when thereā€™s 6 or 7 in a playing list close to that only impacts having a champion team, rather than a team of champions
They are paying about the same amount for their side as we anre and I guarantee you, you wouldnā€™t have taken their list over ours at the start of last season.
Geelong, Collingwood, Melbourne, Richmond and West Coast all have very high paid top end players and they won a flag by doing it. I donā€™t think the answer to winning a premiership is letting Weitering and TDK walk at the end of next season.

They are paying about the same amount for their side as we anre and I guarantee you, you wouldnā€™t have taken their list over ours at the start of last season.
Geelong, Collingwood, Melbourne, Richmond and West Coast all have very high paid top end players and they won a flag by doing it. I donā€™t think the answer to winning a premiership is letting Weitering and TDK walk at the end of next season.
Never said let Weitering and TDK walk

Dangerfield is still going strong as a bull mid. I think Cripps needs to model his game more on Dangers than what he is doing.
Too often Cripps is positioned to receive the tap and he is not moving through the tap zone. This is allowing his defender to scrag him constantly because he is not moving at speed to the ball.

I love what Cripps is doing for our team and this is not a knock just believe that he could be less banged up trying this technique.

Weitering
Cripps
Harry
Charlie
Williams
Tdk

This :pointup:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As per usual, most people in here think you can secure trades for chump change.

The Curnow McKay tandem needs to be broken up. Itā€™s clear in the current era two key forwards arenā€™t required to win a premiership; and playing it safe is guaranteed to repeat mistakes of the past.

Donā€™t see the need in trading out any of our core 6 playersā€¦

Trading a combination of:
Kennedy, Cerra, Owies, Motlop, Kemp, Pittonet, Durdin, Carroll, Cottrell or Williams

Would give us the pick currency to target positions of need both through trade and draftā€¦

Lots of criticism of Nick Austin but again, I rate him.

He has found us Boyd, Cincotta and Lord for nothing.

Got E Hollands for little. Acres for little.

If we arenā€™t doing a full rebuild, we are going to need Austinā€™s instincts to find us role players on the cheap.

Problem is that SOS built this list for an outdated style of football and non of his silk/fast players worked out - Martin, Fisher, SPS etc.

We need one more reliable key back, two good small forwards and pace.

Mini miracle needed

Donā€™t see the need in trading out any of our core 6 playersā€¦

Trading a combination of:
Kennedy, Cerra, Owies, Motlop, Kemp, Pittonet, Durdin, Carroll, Cottrell or Williams

Would give us the pick currency to target positions of need both through trade and draftā€¦

Youā€™re sort of making their point.

What do you think you are getting for those players and what do you think youā€™re turning them into?

We are in for some serious hurt on TDKs contract.
He will want $1m+ & you canā€™t begrudge him that as he will easily be worth that and more on the open market.
It does not bode well for us when we have so much $ tied up in Weiters, Crippa, Charlie, H, Walsh & TDK.
Not saying they arenā€™t worth it just that itā€™s very top heavy.

Having a cursory glance at our list and I would be happy to make 10+ changes without blinking. I know there's zero chance of it happening, but we either need to pivot this list toward the current way of playing or lobby the AFL to change the rules of the game to suit us. There are some players that I want to trade, but they are contracted/at their lowest value and I would like to see how they look under a new fitness regime. Here's where my head is at currently:

7. KennedyTRADE - We have too many slow inside mid types. Kennedy is the most valuable while also being the most expendable. Ben Campo replaces him in the depth chart.
16. CarrollTRADE - Send him to West Coast for some points. Lord has shown enough to suggest he can replace his spot.
21. MartinTRADE - Freo are interested, get some more points or delist. Moir has shown enough, Silvagni back from injury too.
22. MarchbankDELIST/RETIRE - Haynes replaces him.
27. PittonetTRADE - Surely someone needs a back up ruckman? He can be replaced by literally anyone on this year's ruck merry-go-round. Ladhams? Soldo? I really couldn't care less.
28. CuninghamDELIST - Apparently we're interested in Datolli in the draft.
32. M. CarrollDELIST - He's shown that his body can't stand up to training. Hasn't made one VFL appearance. I'd rather use a rookie spot to take a gamble on a quick small forward or we could move Fantasia to this rookie spot.
38. DurdinDELIST - The new McCartin could replace him.
41. AkueiDELIST - Hopefully we can pre-list Lucas Campo in this rookie spot.
44. OwiesTRADE - OOC and has value. Hopefully we can get a 2nd rounder for him. Take Berry with our first rounder to replace him.
45. MirkovDELIST - Sadly hasn't worked out for reasons outside of his control. Showed a bit toward the back end of the VFL season, but he's still coming from too far back IMO. Opens up a rookie spot for Duffy.

Youā€™re sort of making their point.

What do you think you are getting for those players and what do you think youā€™re turning them into?
Already said positions of need in original postā€¦

Mid/Late First - Cerra
Late First/ Early Second - Kennedy & Kemp
Second - Owies & Pittonet (Inflated due to league shortage)
Early Third - Williams & Cottrell
Third - Motlop & Carroll
Fourth - Durdin

We have a need for speed! We need fast, high pressure half forwards who can get involved in transition and pressure when the ball hits thr deck.

I found it alarming last night when we had the ball in defence and you'd get the whole ground view. Everyone was just standing still and bunching up.

You watch hawthorn and they are constantly on the move all over the ground. Every single player doesn't stop running to space. This opens up gaps and holes for short options. It also spreads and confuses the defence.

Either/or of the following possibilities are happening - our gameplan is outdated (no good teams rely on the kick long down the line) or we simply don't have the cattle to be able to sustain that kind of running.
We should look to recruit from Ridgemont High

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back